BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 03:34 AM   #1
-h4x0r-

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint
Default Payed BES along with payed accessibility?

Please Login to Remove!

I would like full functionality on the BB, (the functionality I need at least, internet access, ova downloading for tones+games etc) I really have no care for the email or even wireless syncing. Wouldnt mind it, but all I want is to be able to use a browser+IM+any other BB app that uses internet access. I have Sprint with the 7130e. Sprint was requiring me to get the unlimited data plan for $40 a month to be able to use the features I mentioned. I would like to pay a third party host for my BES/MDS needs. What I need to know, is if my BB will work from just making and registering a BES account. Everyones states that my carrier must have it enabled, or allowed, but im guessing that means if you just have the option to input BES info. Some carriers make you pay for the option of being able to just use BES, even without offering it with that charge? Or do i need to pay sprint $40 a month for unlimited data plan?

Pretty sure since sprint already allows the option, I just need the actual BES account. But I wouldnt want unknown and random charges appearing on the bill from using a third party BES/MDS account without getting any kind of plan, or end up paying a third party to find out I need to pay sprint monthly also. If anyone could reassure me it would be helpful, thank you

-fox
Old 03-29-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

You have to have a BlackBerry Data plan from your provider to get Internet Access. It also gives you BIS email - up to 10 SMTP/IMAP email accounts delivered to your BlackBerry. Getting a Hosted BES account will cost you extra and only give you full sync capabilities with one email account as well as your Address Book, Calendar, Notes, and Tasks.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:03 PM   #3
-h4x0r-

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint

I see, I was told something slightly different which gave me the impression I would not need the data service as long as I could just input a valid BES email/password to get internet functionality. Thank you for clearing that up

-fox
Closed Thread