Old 02-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
uscandy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default 8130 Internet problems?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. Glad to be a part of the forum. I have a question about the internet on the Pearl 8130. Ever since this afternoon, I've had a problem connecting. I get a message that says A problem occurred while trying to render the page. I called Verizon and they said they knew about it, and it would probably be up in a couple of hours. Well it's been several hours now and no luck yet. Is anyone else having the same issues? Thanks
Old 02-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Colorado Chief

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I had the same issues for awhile last night...
Old 02-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #3
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

I am able to connect, no problems here in Jersey. There was a scheduled outage last night for upgrades.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:16 AM   #4
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

No problems in Atlanta
Old 02-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
Rancho Gordo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon

I'm having problems in Northern California.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #6
snobunny25

Carrier: US Cellular

I've been having the same problem since Friday, a few hours after I got mine...says there is an issue with recieving data..thought it might be the fact that I just bought the phone, but nope, just did it a few minutes ago as well. I'm on US Cellular though not Verizon.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
stacie628

I've been having problems since last night. I'm in NJ, with Verizon.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #8
bullonwall
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just read on Yahoo that there was an outage today.

NEW YORK - A major service outage afflicted users of the popular, addictive BlackBerry smart phones across the United States and Canada on Monday, wireless carriers said.
ADVERTISEMENT

Officials with AT&T Inc. and Verizon Wireless said BlackBerry maker Research in Motion Ltd. told them customers of all wireless carriers were affected.

It was not immediately clear how many BlackBerry subscribers had problems, as some users reported being able to access their service normally Monday afternoon.

The BlackBerry service, which lets users check e-mail and access other data services on their handheld devices, has become a lifeline for many business executives and is increasingly popular among consumers with models like the BlackBerry Pearl.

There was no word what caused the outage or when service would be restored.

RIM officials did not return phone calls.

Major disruptions have been rare but often provoke an angry backlash against the Canadian company because of its typically lengthy silences about the cause and because it eventually gives only cryptic, jargon-laden explanations.

When the BlackBerry service suffered a major outage last April, the company remained silent about the cause for two days.

In a statement, AT&T spokesman Fletcher Cook said the company first learned about the problem from RIM at about 3:30 p.m. EST.

"This is not an issue with AT&T's wireless network," Cook said. "Customers could experience difficulties using their BlackBerry devices. RIM has not given us an estimated time of when this problem would be fixed."

RIM is based on Waterloo, Ontario, and has deals with scores of wireless carriers to offer the BlackBerry service around the world.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
bullonwall
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just read on Yahoo that there was an outage today across the country. They do not know how many were affected. I am in NJ with VZW bus did not have any issues today. No word on what caused it and RIMM officials didn't return phone calls re: the issue.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
bullonwall
Thumbs Must Hurt

I read on Yahoo that there was an outage today across the country. They do not know how many users were affected, nor any word on what caused it. RIMM officials didn't return calls re: the issue.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #11
bullonwall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sorry for the double post.
Closed Thread