BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
js7730

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mo
Default T-Mobile - E-Mail Level 1 Filter Setup - From: Filter and Multiple Address Issue

Please Login to Remove!

Using a T-Mobile BB7730 (in the US) and setup my email addresses (both POP3 - Gmail - and the T-Mobile provided XXXX @ tmo.blackberry.net).

I have been trying to set up filters for each account. In particular, setting certain senders' email addresses to appear as Level 1 messages on my BB (to allow for different vibrate / tone combo from non-Level 1s).

Go through the process of creating a filter for my setup email addresses:
1) Name the Filter
2) For "Apply filter when:" choose "From" in the drop down menu.
3) In the "Contains:" field enter a series of addresses each separated by semi-colons.
4) Be sure the "Forward messages to handheld" radio button is clicked.
5) Be sure the "Level 1 notification" box is checked.
6) Be sure the "Do not forward messages to handheld" radio button is not clicked.
7) Click save.

Now for the problem. In step 3, I enter about 1/2 dozen various email addresses, separated by semi-colons. Double check the email addresses, spacing and semi-colons.

Yet, only emails from the first email address receive Level 1 treatment on my BB. Email sent from the remaining email addresses (everything to the right of the first semi-colon) are still delivered but not treated as Level 1.

Frustrating (don't want to have to create a separate Level 1 filter for each email address).

-or-

Dumb (what am I doing wrong).

Tried troublshooting - creating new and deleting old filters. One email address per filter (that worked - hence my "Frustrating" comment above), multiple (not working), switching around the order of the addresses (nope), triple checking entered email addresses (correct addresses but still didn't work), etc. No luck.

Advice appreciated.

JS7730
Old 07-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
js7730

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mo

Well, nobody seemed to have a solution (and T-Mobile Tech support was no help). So, for future searchers, here's what I did.

I created a separate filter for each email address that I wished to treat as a Level 1. No multiple addresses in the "Contains:" field.

So far that seems to be the best / only solution that works.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
stubaker

Model: 7105t

I am not sure if you ever solved this problem or gave up. But the problem is probably in the system itself

I have been encountering the same problem with Filters on T-Mobile. In fact support gave me conflicting advice regarding multiple addresses.

One techie told me to separate all addresses with a semi-colon (;) and a space afterwards. The other told me NOT to use spaces.
Regardless of the order, or space/no space. I have never been able to get multiple addresses to work in a filter. Nor have I had much luck separating keywords with a semi-colon to use the SUBJECT field.

Anybody else had any luck with this.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #4
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: m

No spaces between entries would be a good place to start. Hard to tell without seeing the filters. example:

filter: "from"
contains: addy1@email.com;addy2@email.com;addy3@email.com
Closed Thread