Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
BigOrangeSU
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8530
Carrier: verizon
Default ATT 2gb to Unlimited?

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know a method for getting the unlimited blackberry data plan? I know there are several methods out there for getting unlimited iphone data but what about blackberrys? Any way to trick system into thinking you are grandfathered?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
wcr3d
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

I hear time travel works.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
AFCEA
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Not going to happen on AT&T. If you downgraded the data on an upgrade, you're stuck with it. Sprint, Verizon are the only ones offering the unlimited. Verizon is rumored to go the tired data pricing in Q4 or Q1.

If you signed for the data on a new purchase or line there is no unlimited anymore with AT&T.

Also just an FYI, there really is no unlimited data. They cap it at 5GB. Anything more then the 5GB and they trottle you back. Sprint will text you a nasty gram. I just jumped the AT&T ship. They made upgrading and keeping the unlimited data a real hassle. They tried every trick in the book to trip me up on the upgrade. 50.00 more, 100.00 more, 100.00 rebate, then the crowning blow they tried to tell me I had to use the 1400 minute plan to get the phone. The Verizon store is right next door and I ported the number. And walked back over to the AT&T store and rubbed the entire thing in his face. At that point they wanted to deal. You know what I said. You know dam well what you were doing to screw me, now you have lost me as a customer. Bye-Bye AT&T!! I took 5 lines over to verizon, plus a data card. I got the last laugh.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCEA View Post
Also just an FYI, there really is no unlimited data. They cap it at 5GB. Anything more then the 5GB and they trottle you back. Sprint will text you a nasty gram.
With Sprint's WiMax 4G, they are truly unlimited. They remove th 5Gb cap. I have this on the EVO. You do pay an additional $10 fee, but there is no cap at all.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Closed Thread