Old 01-10-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
momo345

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Exclamation Can't use T-mobile data on my unlocked Bold 9000 from ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Hello guys! but also

I bought a BB bold 9000 that comes from ATT and it is unlocked.I used ATT services includes data plan and it works perfectly for a couple of weeks .Now I moved to T-mobile services + data plan too.

>>> Since I moved , I cannot use my Browser thought data plan; only via Wi-fi.

>>> Here is what I observed .With my ATT sim card I can choose in >Browser configuration >> mediaNet or Hotspot Browser to switch between data plan or Wi-fi
BUT
>>> when I insert My T-mobile sim card my Browser configuration is only on Hotspot Browser.
>>>I cannot switch to any options to set up my data plan.

>>>Also, whenever I try to use the browser without Wi-fi on It show up this following message ''This is a Wi-fi service.Please ensure your divice has an activate Wi-fi connection and try again ''

Please can you help me with that I'm so confused and lost I don't know what to do. Thanks for reading My post and hopefully someone could help me thank you very much smile:
Old 01-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Is it a tmo blackberry plan, or just a regular data one?
Old 01-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Might be missing the service books from Tmobile. If you are on Tmob BIS, I believe the browser option is "Internet Browser." If you are on the generic data plan from Tmobile, you won't be able to use the BB browser (Hotspot Browser) unless you are using wifi. If you are in this latter case, you'll need a 3rd party browser like Opera Mini or Bolt.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
momo345

It's a regular data plan I guess because I just took the new T-mobile plan unlimited talk+text+web.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
momo345

How can I get the tmobil's book service? I guess something miss but I don't know what.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Ok since you are on a regular data plan, all that you mentioned in the first post makes sense. You will not be able to use the BlackBerry browser unless you are on wifi. The only other option is to install a 3rd party browser like Opera Mini or Bolt. This will allow you to browse the internet when you are not connected to wifi.

In your case, I don't think it's due to a missing service book (it might be if you were on BIS).
Closed Thread