BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:01 AM   #1
doctorhook18

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Default 8900 reception gone from ok to BAD!

Please Login to Remove!

I've been a long time blackberry user. Upgraded my Curve 8300 to the 8900 this summer with Cincinnati Bell. I always had solid service in my suburban home with 8300 (I would even say great) but with 8900 it got worse.

Upset that i kept having issues that would not let me use my phone at my home effectively (spotty reception, dropped calls, etc) I switched to T Mobile last week on a business account. (I had to! The deal they gave me was ridiculous!)

Before I switched, I checked their coverage in my area by doing an address search on their website. My entire subdivision was in their best coverage, with the exception of my street that was half BEST and half GOOD. That looked good enough to me to switch.

I got my new 8900 with T Mobile and get absolutely NO coverage at my home. I lose coverage about 1 block every time I drive into my subdivision and have to wait until I'm completely out of to regain coverage.

My account executive, who has given me great service, drove out to my house with a Motorola Click and said he had good service with some spotty areas. He even had the local engineers check the towers. Their response was the only issues they were having in the area were with BLACKBERRY and suggested I get a new phone that isn't a blackberry.

Friends, after spending a good hour in a T Mobile retail store "playing around" with Android phones, I say this from the bottom of my heart, I don't think I can give up my blackberry.

Why would blackberry be the only type of phone having issues in my area? Has anyone had this type of problem before? Any suggestions? I would really like my relationship with T Mobile to work. We are all trying save money these days and they would save me around $750 a year compared to ATT and Verizon. I have #4 on the way so I hope you can appreciate my newly found frugal nature.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Lets Go Canes!)

I actually have a similiar issue with Verizon at my home and had to get a network extender. It is an option.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
bbf
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have fair to poor reception at my house as well. Since I have great high-speed internet service and a wireless router, I use UMA on my 8900. Works like a champ! Is this an option for you?
Closed Thread