BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #361
patrick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: VERIZON

Please Login to Remove!

I tried the trial...some nice features.,..... but since i donot have os 4.2 I am unable to reply to emails so I gave up on SmartView and deleted it.. Just to cumbersome to flip back and forth
Old 06-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #362
jwilker
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: 21062FDD
Carrier: Cingular

strangely I noticed the notorious "reply" issue just yesterday. I thought I had looked and it was replying correctly, guess not.

Is this one still out there on the to be fixed list?

Otherwise still a great app
Old 06-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #363
patrick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: VERIZON

If the reply gets working I'd like to try the app again
Old 06-20-2007, 01:48 PM   #364
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahovis View Post
I installed the software with no problems but I never see any images. All I get is [image] placeholders. I have the option checked to show images but never see any even in small emails with only a single image. What am I doing wrong? Test of connection worked with no problems. I am on a BES.
Just a point which may be of some help. It turns out that what is happening to some of the images in my case is due to what is going on with our BES. It seems to be receiving emails from the Lotus Domino server with the images stripped out as a "security" precaution. It takes out certain types of graphics which are embedded in the email but not all. For example your test email came in with no problem but when I look at the same email on the Lotus desktop that I am having problems with on the BB it has only image placeholders as well. I was not aware of that because I use Outlook to view my Lotus Notes email and it allows the images to pass. Very strange and just an example of the complex world out here.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #365
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny View Post
No problem. Our support line is running hot helping people out, answering queries and overall just being nice Almost everyone we've helped out so far has commended us on our great response times

Not only that, RIM contacted us and we just completed a deployment of the application out to a whole division so they could have a play with it. We're also working with a number of businesses to deploy this app. onto their networks.

And, double-timing it to get this next release out asap.

Cheers,
eZainny.
I've sent an email for support a few days ago as well as yesterday with not one response. Where are these great response times?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:38 PM   #366
eZainny
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsmovies View Post
I've sent an email for support a few days ago as well as yesterday with not one response. Where are these great response times?
Hi carsmovies,

It's fully possible this email didn't make it to us. Generally we've been replying almost immediately when we receive them.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #367
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107 UP.Link/6.2.3.15.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny
Quote:
Hi carsmovies,

It's fully possible this email didn't make it to us. Generally we've been replying almost immediately when we receive them.
Two separate emails didn't get to you? Why not just let me know what settings to use here. I'm on rogers and use bis.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:33 PM   #368
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107 UP.Link/6.2.3.15.0)

Two separate emails didn't get to you? Why not just let me know what settings to use here. I'm on rogers and use bis.
Which settings are you looking for help with? APN settings for your phone, or something in the program?

A couple of details, and I'm sure a friendly user on these boards would be happy to help!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #369
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by donc36
Quote:

Which settings are you looking for help with? APN settings for your phone, or something in the program?

A couple of details, and I'm sure a friendly user on these boards would be happy to help!
The program is working except for viewing images. I've tried tcp and wap settings in the program and it won't work.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #370
eZainny

Carrier: Optus

Quote:

We have a record of receiving an email on the 20th with a subject line "Connection" from somebody on Rogers BIS at 11:22am (Aus time) and we replied 30minutes later. Was this you?

That's the only email I can find in our database from somebody reporting using Rogers.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:35 PM   #371
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
The program is working except for viewing images. I've tried tcp and wap settings in the program and it won't work.
I have my TCP settings set for internet.com with blank username and password.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:23 PM   #372
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
I have my TCP settings set for internet.com with blank username and password.
Great thanks, that connection worked. It was able to download and display small images from a Ebay email I got but I emailed myself a pic I took with my curve but the program didn't display the pic and there's no option to download attachments like there is with the bb default email.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #373
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny View Post
We have a record of receiving an email on the 20th with a subject line "Connection" from somebody on Rogers BIS at 11:22am (Aus time) and we replied 30minutes later. Was this you?

That's the only email I can find in our database from somebody reporting using Rogers.
I believe that was me but I never received a reply.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:35 PM   #374
Poobarellah
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up Woo Hoo

Man, I just downloaded this...Awesome!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #375
trams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Great app, just got the trial... how do you modify the look of the emails.. font, background etc etc?
Old 06-20-2007, 09:43 PM   #376
artemis104
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: NA
Carrier: NA

Quote:
Great thanks, that connection worked. It was able to download and display small images from a Ebay email I got but I emailed myself a pic I took with my curve but the program didn't display the pic and there's no option to download attachments like there is with the bb default email.
does this mean if you receive an email w. an attachment and you view it with SmartView you wont see that there si an attachment? (doesnt display pic and no option do dl attachment like with the default viewer)

edit-just read the FAQ on the SmartView website. I know you cant view attachments from SV but will you see/be alerted that there is an attachment so you can switch to the regular mode and view it from there?

Last edited by artemis104; 06-20-2007 at 09:48 PM..
Old 06-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #377
artemis104
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: NA
Carrier: NA

This may be a stupid question but since this program allows you to load emails w. full HTML would they use more data? would the difference be significant if not on an unlimited plan?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #378
DiRN

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by trams View Post
Great app, just got the trial... how do you modify the look of the emails.. font, background etc etc?
Open the menu from the Messages list. You will see an option for SmartView Options.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #379
DiRN

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis104 View Post
This may be a stupid question but since this program allows you to load emails w. full HTML would they use more data? would the difference be significant if not on an unlimited plan?
You are not viewing full HTML. SmartView does it's best to pretty up the HTML (and plain text) that makes it from RIM's servers to your BB. You will only use more data if you have it set to display images.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:16 AM   #380
trams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRN View Post
Open the menu from the Messages list. You will see an option for SmartView Options.
Thanks!
Closed Thread