Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
naturr

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Default 8900 Delivery Emails?

Please Login to Remove!

I swapped from an 8300 to a new and unlocked 8900. Logged on to BIS and answered the prompt to swap from one the old Phone pin to the new one. However every email I send from the 8900 comes back with an email stating it was delivered?

I logged on to the Rogers BIS site and see no such option to turn off. I am unable to logon to the BIS site via a PC only with my phone for some reason. The site doesn't accept the same logon info I use on my phone?! Perhaps there is another option on there I don't get while browsing with the phone?

Thoughts? Ideas? Solutions?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

On your device... Messages > options > Email settings.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturr View Post
I swapped from an 8300 to a new and unlocked 8900. Logged on to BIS and answered the prompt to swap from one the old Phone pin to the new one. However every email I send from the 8900 comes back with an email stating it was delivered?

I logged on to the Rogers BIS site and see no such option to turn off. I am unable to logon to the BIS site via a PC only with my phone for some reason. The site doesn't accept the same logon info I use on my phone?! Perhaps there is another option on there I don't get while browsing with the phone?

Thoughts? Ideas? Solutions?
Are you using gmail?
Old 12-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #4
naturr

Default Two Replies

I assume you mean Setup wizard-> Email Settings-> which brings up the Rogers BIS site. This has no such option in the account, for filtering or anything else very basic unfortunately.

I am using a GMail for domains account.

Thanks for the help so far!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturr View Post
I assume you mean Setup wizard-> Email Settings-> which brings up the Rogers BIS site. This has no such option in the account, for filtering or anything else very basic unfortunately.

I am using a GMail for domains account.

Thanks for the help so far!
Nope, wrong assumption. I meant it just as it was typed. Go to your Messages folder > Options > Email settings.

What do you see there?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
naturr

Ah yes good sir that is where it is right under my nose! Option in there for READ and Delivery receipts. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
smoother

Carrier: AIS

This has been a long issue for me since 8320 and I really have no idea how to stop sending Read Receipts. I made sure that Confirm Delivery, Confirm Read, and Send Read Receipts were all "NO", however, it would still keep sending Delivery Confirmation (I'm on Gmail for Domain). Any help/suggestion would greatly be appreciated.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #8
RCA
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9850
Carrier: Sprint

smoother,

Have you tried something like this?
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-handheld.html
Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #9
smoother

Carrier: AIS

RCA:

Thank you very much for your reply. I went through the long thread. My apology that I haven't explained my problem clearer. I did not have a problem getting a copy of email sent delivered to myself (for I've been using BB 'Me' filter), nor did I have the problem of getting Deliver notification email sent to my phone. I just wanted to stop (either or both) GMail or BB to stop sending the notification to the sender that I have read his message.

This is because I got a lot of mix emails (personal and work) throughout the day. On a busy day, I would notice just the sender and subject first and normally mark all messages below the date as read just to clear the notification with the intention to get back to my PC to reply work emails later. But by doing this, it will send out Read Receipt to the sender who requested Read Receipt. Sometime it applies to the sender whom you do not want to send Read Receipt to.

As I mentioned above that I tried to mark all Confirm Delivery/Confirm Read/Send Read Receipt as 'No' on all BB accounts, but it would keep sending the Read Receipt to the sender no matter what. I could not find any setting in GMail (IMAP) where I can stop sending Read Receipt either (as opposed to an option to control Read Receipt in Outlook. But since I only use GMail, I don't have this option).

I would really like to be able to control this and any help/suggestion would greatly be appreciated.
Closed Thread