Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #21
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Leather Cover

Please Login to Remove!

It's funny that people clamor for a tablet to break free from their laptop and then clamor for a mouse and keyboard to make the tablet behave more like a laptop.

Odd.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #22
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
It's funny that people clamor for a tablet to break free from their laptop and then clamor for a mouse and keyboard to make the tablet behave more like a laptop.

Odd.
I went through that thought process. I intended to get a portable bluetooth keyboard, but procrastinated long enough to give it a second thought. And I changed my mind. I'm going to do my best to do with just the tablet and handset.

My purpose is to reduce what I carry. Why shave off cubic inches and ounces only to turn around and add them back? I'll adapt.

Last edited by aiharkness; 05-05-2011 at 01:07 PM..
Old 05-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #23
bbmike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
Carrier: Telus

this is an overview of 3 popular PlayBook cases....

YouTube - RIM Playbook Case Options: Targus Zierra, RIM Envelope, and RIM Sleeve
Old 05-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #24
ARichards

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I ordered a slip case from Fortte. I have had good luck with Fortte fit and finish. Very high quality. The case is very well made, stylish and fits like a glove.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #25
FLC

Model: 9800

Here at Fortte we offer a lot of different options to personalize your leather case You can order any model in any of the 30 colors that we offer by going to personalize your case.

Love the positive feedback and would like to offer 30% off your entire purchase ( this includes embossing and color selection ) just type in MDF11 and our system will give you the savings right away...

Offer vaild from may 2nd to may 30th.

Thanks...Fortte
Old 05-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #26
SBurhani
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLC View Post
Here at Fortte we offer a lot of different options to personalize your leather case You can order any model in any of the 30 colors that we offer by going to personalize your case.

Love the positive feedback and would like to offer 30% off your entire purchase ( this includes embossing and color selection ) just type in MDF11 and our system will give you the savings right away...

Offer vaild from may 2nd to may 30th.

Thanks...Fortte
Like the design and quality look, but wish you had more of a selection...any chance more designs will be coming?
Old 05-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #27
jabxyz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post

Odd.
If I were looking to break free of a laptop then, yes, the search for a case with a foldable BT keyboard would be odd. My hunt is to minimize weight and the quantity of gear that I carry around. In order to shave weight in my carry on I have dropped the size of my laptops from 14 to 11 and now a netbook. I think I might be able to shave another pound with a Playbook/foldable BT keyboard combo. However I would only go that route if I can avoid violating my second rule, thou shalt not carry more crap than one can possibly avoid. If the keyboard is a built in part of the case then fine but if it is another loose piece of gear this setup probably won't work, i.e. Playbook as a shaved down netbook replacement. That's why no interest in a mouse. The screen size of the Playbook will allow me to really read docs and spreadsheets attached to email. The keyboard gives me that extra step up from either my Torch or my Bold, the ability to place comments in or edit a doc or a spreadsheet on the fly. That added feature would give me the added productivity that for me would justify the purchase of the Playbook. That is why I carry any piece of gear, it allows me to keep moving and be productive and at the same time it will help me keep others on the team that support me productive while I'm away from my desk , often, and on the move.

Last edited by jabxyz; 05-13-2011 at 01:30 PM..
Old 05-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #28
FLC

Default PlayBook Leather Case

Dear SBurhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBurhani View Post
Like the design and quality look, but wish you had more of a selection...any chance more designs will be coming?
We specilized in custom made cases, we could try to adjust another model that you see on our website to the PlayBook. Just let us know the one of your preference and we will answer you ASAP!

Thanks...Fortte
Old 05-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #29
whatsanipad

Model: PB
Carrier: verizon

I would be interested in this same case (can't yet post links...the product name is: Leather PDA Case Keeper for Motorola XOOM), adapted for the Playbook:

Like the ports access, and the ability to use it as a stand (have one on my Xoom).
Old 05-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #30
FLC

Default Leather Cover BB Playbook

Designers at Fortte innovate every day with new products and designs.

At the moment, for the BB playbook we are offering two designs.

We greatly appreciate your comments and we have requested to accelerate the design of the BB Playbook Keeper.

To receive information of new designs and offers we invite you to join our Blog and Facebook.

Thanks Fortte
Old 05-17-2011, 12:54 AM   #31
ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND

I'd just be happy with a link. Or uhmmm, did I miss it?
Old 05-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #32
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

If you're looking for the link to Fortte, that link can be found here: Magical Link Generator.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #33
albruce

Model: Torch
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Re: Leather Cover - Journal Style

I bought the official Journal leather cover and have used it reasonably well. The on/off Playbook button is under a rubber bump button on the cover. Pressing the on/off rubber bump hard enought to activate the real switch is almost impossible. Using a pen point, however, to push the rubber bump works fine.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #34
whatsanipad

Try a search on Targus Playbook Truss

Very well made leather cover, with cut-outs for the ports and switches. A bit bulky, as the cover has a third layer to wrap around and use as a stand.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #35
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsanipad View Post

Very well made leather cover, with cut-outs for the ports and switches. A bit bulky, as the cover has a third layer to wrap around and use as a stand.
No need to search. A link is posted above. And amazon.com carries it.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #36
DanaD

Model: 9700

[QUOTE=ifonline;1717120]That's not the official BlackBerry Journal Case, then. The journal case has no cutouts for the power or volume buttons, only cutouts for the ports on the bottom edge of the PlayBook. Bad design, if you ask me.

I got this journal case and it works fine after I used a razor blade to cut out the section over the power and volume buttons
Old 05-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #37
whatsanipad

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsanipad View Post

Amazon does carry it...however, I found it for $20 less than Amazon by doing the search and received it as quickly as I would have from Amazon (w/o paying sales tax).
Old 05-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #38
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

My bad. I meant the link to info on the Targus Truss. I wasn't clear.

But why not post the link to where you bought it for $20 less than the price at Amazon? It has a suggested retail price of something like $45, Amazon was something like $10 below the price at Targus website. So 20 less than Amazon works out to about 30 below a suggested retail of 45.

I'd say others would like the link.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #39
whatsanipad

Site won't let me post links yet, otherwise I would....they probably heard of my side business; Mass market emails from Nigerian Prime Ministers of Finance and travelers stuck in London without credit cards, passports or cell phones.

http://www.theaccessoryking.com/targ...lackblack.html

Last edited by whatsanipad; 05-24-2011 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: adding link to discount leather case
Old 05-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #40
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

I'm all about sleeve cases. They offer protection, plus you pull the PlayBook completely out to use it and get the feel of the naked device. It would be a shame to cover it up and lose the feel of that sleek casing.
Closed Thread