Old 07-22-2008, 09:34 PM   #41
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Apple, Firefox, iTunes, Malware - ZDNet Australia

could be patched by now, dont really care.

edit their was more but this goes back and i don't even care if they patched, fixed it or what ever.

they made an mp3 player whoopee doo

edit as much as i am not a fan of microsoft because i really don't care for them yet are forced into them, i hate mac ten times more.

Last edited by wabbit; 07-22-2008 at 09:48 PM..
Old 07-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #42
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
Apple, Firefox, iTunes, Malware - ZDNet Australia

could be patched by now, dont really care.

edit their was more but this goes back and i don't even care if they patched, fixed it or what ever.

they made an mp3 player whoopee doo

edit as much as i am not a fan of microsoft because i really don't care for them yet are forced into them, i hate mac ten times more.
Did you read that one paragraph piece? Its says itunes brings alone Safari in the download and that is how many malware programs are distributed, not that itunes is malware. Here is Microsoft's definition of real malware as you were unable to accurately define it.

Q: What are malware, viruses, spyware, and cookies, and what differentiates them?

A: Let us take the easy one first. "Malware" is short for malicious software and is typically used as a catch-all term to refer to any software designed to cause damage to a single computer, server, or computer network, whether it's a virus, spyware, et al.

Last I checked itune does not cause damage to your computer. Its obvious you hate the macintosh, but its quite another thing to make up inaccuracies to back up your opinion.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:37 PM   #43
wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Did you read that one paragraph piece? Its says itunes brings alone Safari in the download and that is how many malware programs are distributed, not that itunes is malware. Here is Microsoft's definition of real malware as you were unable to accurately define it.

Q: What are malware, viruses, spyware, and cookies, and what differentiates them?

A: Let us take the easy one first. "Malware" is short for malicious software and is typically used as a catch-all term to refer to any software designed to cause damage to a single computer, server, or computer network, whether it's a virus, spyware, et al.

Last I checked itune does not cause damage to your computer. Its obvious you hate the macintosh, but its quite another thing to make up inaccuracies to back up your opinion.
no their were longer articles but overall i liked that one the best, it was short/sweet to the point.

now

if we want to go word for word pick a catogory that it fits? spyware? virus? plague?

heck you go update itunes and boom oh look safari installed LOL? to be deceptive like that is just too funny.

i mean and look at the average person, its a itunes update, they wont bother to read what it said, 99% of the people just click next, next, ok, next, finished.

sorry but itunes, quick time, and everything else is a joke from apple.

while their at it, and saying how vista looks like osx how about how osx looks so much like linux. its a funny world we live in with people with blinders, and hold a company so sigh. too funny. one of the shadiest companies ever, that thinks its revolutionary, still cant even add cut and paste on a phone.

but then again its apple, or mac, or w/e they call them self, they know how to nickle and dime very well. how else can they turn a profit.

anyway, i could care less about this convo.

still a basic fact exists, jobs came back to apple 1997, microsoft that same year saved apple with 150m, over 3 years. do i care, no, is apple gonna ever be as big as microsoft, never. why simple..
its apples way or no way, this was proven with iphone and verizon. most people wont give that much control to a company making a product.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:07 PM   #44
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
i mean and look at the average person, its a itunes update, they wont bother to read what it said, 99% of the people just click next, next, ok, next, finished.
You must not like Acrobat Reader or dozens of other free programs that do the exact same thing. (offer other free programs along with their download)

Quote:
its apples way or no way, this was proven with iphone and verizon. most people wont give that much control to a company making a product.
That is their right they have only their stockholders to answer to and considering Apple's stock, the stockholders aren't complaining. Its funny you mentioned Verizon as it was as much the same attitude at Verizon as well as Apple that killed that deal.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #45
wabbit

i just dont care. they both are god awful, the funny stuff is the crap ms went through, mac has not even seen. best yet, it will be funny if the mac market grows a little and then viruses, etc start hammering them, but hey who cares, the computers they blindly sell as safe etc still get about 1000 security updates a year too late.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:25 PM   #46
DacyJ

Model: 9000
PIN: g Bomb!
Carrier: The Newest AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
It is the best iPod out there with a phone
Thats why I would want one, I have 2 Ipods plus my curve, dont get me wrong I love my curve but the Iphone is cool in its own way.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 AM   #47
PaulMdx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: T of Guinness
Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Also as Windows continues to decline, we need a suitable platform to take its place and that will be OSX.
Out of curiosity, how long do you think it will take to oust Windows?
Old 07-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #48
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Well, considering the Mac OS has about 7% of the market so far, it should be a while...

I will be traveling internationally next week with the iPhone. I doubt it will last more than one movie. Guess I should take the iTouch also...
Old 07-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #49
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

I traveled last week with original and played one full 2 hour movie plus 2 :30 TV shows and still had enough to listen to podcasts after. it was a 5 hour flight and I did not need to charge it till i got into the hotel. Not great but not too bad.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #50
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMdx View Post
Out of curiosity, how long do you think it will take to oust Windows?
It will take a while, but its clear the golden days of MS are long gone. It started with IE. It was a lock for so long that MS simply let it languish. Firefox came along and now has about 20% of users. While that may not seem like a lot, but just 5 years ago IE was about 97%. You can now see the same thing happening with Windows. MS worked on Vista for 6 years, threw out all the innovative features and what came out of Redmond was little more then XP with fancy window dressing and twice the system requirements to run. Why did this happen, the major reason is MS is a drift, with a half crazed captain at the helm (Steve Balmer) who can't stand to see Apple and Google be more successful then MS at anything. Instead of concentrating on its bread and butter Windows, they were distracted with music players [Zune] and DRM schemes [plays for sure] that bombed, the MSN network, search, ect. So Apple and Firefox both go up in numbers and Steve Balmers throws chairs around in his office.
Ballmer tosses chairs over Google

So while MS may not be leaving the stage quite yet, their last act is coming up and unless they make some changes at the top there won't be a curtain call.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #51
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

I would not say Apple will replace MS in the OS battle. As much of an apple fan as I am I cannot see that happening. MS above all else will stay in the top spot for the foreseeable future. Apple I think will be happy if they can get 20%. They are highly profitable today and to get to the numbers you are talking about would require them to change their strategy for many decades to come. That will not happen, the share holders have no reason to go for that and Steve would not risk the products he has developed for a run at the OS battle.
If there is to be a contender to MS it would have to be either an open-OS like Linux or perhaps an OS that comes from several partners each contributing what they know best.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #52
island
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: NONE!
Carrier: iPhone 3G @ AT&T

All I can say is to each his own.

I can't wait till the Thunder comes out as I will NEVER go back to a keyboard based smartphone. I mostly use internet services and some apps so the Blackberry wasn't the best choice for me. The iPhone (with the new update) works better than expected for what I need.

Here is to some competition from RIM ASAP so I can have some options but right now nothing comes close in the touchscreen department. I love BB but not enough to give up a touchscreen.

- On a side note, I went to the Nokia store this weekend thinking the N95 was a touchscreen phone. You should of seen my face at the store when I tried it out.
Closed Thread