BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #61
Jdjeff

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

I've used almost every cingular/att model since they were introduced, and I love my Torch. The workflow is a bit different than on my 9700 but it provides, overall, a much better experience. For me, anyway, the upgrade has been a great experience. It isn't an iPhone. But I have an iPad for that. For my work needs the 9800 has been fantastic, and much more useable for other things than my Bold2. Now I just need a decent case/skin.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #62
RJE

Model: Torch
Carrier: Telus

The Torch is a very good Blackberry. I'll say that again. It's a very good Blackberry. It is not an Android or iPhone clone, It is not a great "consumer" oriented product. It caters to the core constituency, and it does it very well. I've read all the reviews and they range from mediocre to excellent. Many reviewers have not spent enough time with the device to truly see all the plusses. Many other reviewers want a BB that's a candy bar style Android or iPhone lookalike to cater to that consumer market. Here's news. RIM will never abandon their core market. Next week the Torch launches in Canada on three carriers. I predict excellent sales. The buzz for the phone in Canada is great, and Canadians like to buy Canadian. Wait and see.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #63
CharlieMike73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Honestly who gives a F***, I dont even know what all you BB haters joined this forum for other than to just create conflict. Seldom do any of you offer constructive comments; so go back to your pissy little Android/iPhone corner and post about how happy you are with your chosen pocket games device.

Those of us that chose a blackberry did so because we've got work to do! No time for your petty games!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #64
CharlieMike73
Thumbs Must Hurt

@gadgetfanatic - did you get dropped A LOT as a baby? I only ask because you are in a Blackberry forum with the Dorid logo as your avatar and you say you use the iPhone4... now if thats "KEEPING IT REAL"???

Just teasing BTW!!!

Last edited by CharlieMike73; 09-16-2010 at 10:32 AM..
Old 09-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #65
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

Abusing people on the forums is against TOS.
Please keep it nice.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #66
snowmangoh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 22CF79CB
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieMike73 View Post
@gadgetfanatic - did you get dropped A LOT as a baby? I only ask because you are in a Blackberry forum with the Dorid logo as your avatar and you say you use the iPhone4... now if thats "KEEPING IT REAL"???

Just teasing BTW!!!
LOL... that would be a great observation if that weren't a screenshot of his iPhone background which is the droidbot getting stabbed...
Old 09-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #67
CharlieMike73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Then my apologies!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #68
CharlieMike73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
Abusing people on the forums is against TOS.
Please keep it nice.
I was nice, I said only joking! Not sure if he noticed the irony, but as it turns out the joke was on me anyway as Snow pointed out above.

Now I promise to be good again!

0:o)
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #69
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Model: iFon4
Carrier: at&t

Quote:

Just teasing BTW!!!
What up CharlieMike73?

........the reason I am involved with BBF is because I was once a comlpete BB fanatic. I started with the 8700, had a few 8100's, an 8800 and then a few 8310's. I like the forum and I must admit that I enjoy the gadget rivalry as long as it stays somewhat civil. My "droid avatar' was actually a screen shot of my iPhone 4, just like my new avatar is.

Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I'm very thick skinned & I've been warned on occasion for slinging some mud myself
Old 09-26-2010, 03:05 AM   #70
rgvsean
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Nexus
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
so go back to your pissy little Android/iPhone corner and post about how happy you are with your chosen pocket games device.

Those of us that chose a blackberry did so because we've got work to do! No time for your petty games!!!
I've just switched my BOLD for a Nexus 1 after much handwringing, I really wanted the Torch - I run a small business - sorry to say I don't play games on it but it does handle all my contacts, documents, emails and calendar far better than the bold, especially once google business apps is set up (£33 per year). It's all synched in the cloud so that means any PC, phone, laptop or whatever I log into. Even if I lose my phone it really doesn't matter as I can just fire up another and it's all there. I can set it as a wi-fi hotspot, grab a document from the cloud to email to a customer not matter where I am.

I'd already loaded all my BB contacts to google. Got new phone switched on and logged in, phone was set up with all calendar contacts and emails within about 5 minutes. Didn't need a PC or a USB cable.

Don't fob them off as toys, they can be very powerful, cost effective business tools. Especially if you're web based.

I really like my Blackberrys and will check out future models to see what development RIM come up with. I do feel a bit of a traitor
Closed Thread