BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:52 AM   #61
chobden

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers

Please Login to Remove!

I am having an issue when trying to import my database. I first tried via the SD card then from my webserver. Both just timeout. How long should the import take and what desktop versions of Keepass have people had success with. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:14 AM   #62
chobden

Model: 8800
Carrier: rogers

I was finally able to successfully import the database via the SD card. Was extremely fast. I appreciate all your hard work RemyJ.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #63
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmonarch View Post
Remy:

Found an error that cropped up today in Beta 3:

1. Getting an error message:

"Actual data array length doesn't match header: -32612:32924"

This happens when I just start up the app, or if I attempt to go into options and reload from persistent store.

So, from there, I deleted the persistent store and reloaded the DB from the webserver, and now all appears fine.

Corrupted DB, perhaps? More likely something with the app, given that kermalou had a similar problem..
The internal data base format did change with Beta 3 so issues aren't unexpected. If it continues to happen after deleteing the persistent store and reloading then I've got a problem. Let me know.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #64
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chobden View Post
I am having an issue when trying to import my database. I first tried via the SD card then from my webserver. Both just timeout. How long should the import take and what desktop versions of Keepass have people had success with. Thanks in advance.
How big is your database? The import should take only a second or two. Is the timeout happening before or after you enter your password?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #65
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chobden View Post
I was finally able to successfully import the database via the SD card. Was extremely fast. I appreciate all your hard work RemyJ.
Cool. Let me know if there any other problems.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:27 PM   #66
kermalou
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Remy,

What are the steps that I should follow to get this working please.

I am using KeePass 2.01 Beta on my XP Desktop.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #67
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermalou View Post
Remy,

What are the steps that I should follow to get this working please.

I am using KeePass 2.01 Beta on my XP Desktop.

Thanks.
KeePass 2.01 is actually Alpha not Beta. KeePassBB only supports KeePass v1.x databases. When the v2 database format stabalizes I'll add support for it in KeePassBB.

Sorry.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #68
zebo51
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: TAIL ON DONKEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyJ View Post
Let me know if the error happens again.

See above for comments about editing.

THANKS for the donation!!
Happened again. What I did was opened keepass and my DB on my SDCard. It then went past my timeout period. I went back into KP and when prompted for my password to open my DB, I hit cancel. The error then popped up.

"Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"
Old 09-06-2007, 10:44 AM   #69
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebo51 View Post
Happened again. What I did was opened keepass and my DB on my SDCard. It then went past my timeout period. I went back into KP and when prompted for my password to open my DB, I hit cancel. The error then popped up.

"Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"
Gotcha. I know what the problem is and it'll be fixed in the next build.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #70
webmonarch

Though I think it's identified, the internal error is consistent for me as well.

As a temporary workaround, you can keep the KDB on a webserver and just reload it each time you want to use the program.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #71
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Though I think it's identified, the internal error is consistent for me as well.

As a temporary workaround, you can keep the KDB on a webserver and just reload it each time you want to use the program.
Wait. Are you saying that you can't use the internal database at all and that you have to reload from the web every time? If so, I completely missed that. Sorry. There IS a problem with getting null pointer exceptions if you cancel from the password dialog but that shouldn't affect normal use.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #72
webmonarch

Yes, the internal database will not load at all unless I download the database from the web each time I open the application on the BB. If I attempt to reload from persistent store I will get the same error, and the DB is not available.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #73
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Yes, the internal database will not load at all unless I download the database from the web each time I open the application on the BB. If I attempt to reload from persistent store I will get the same error, and the DB is not available.
I totally missed that, sorrry. Try deleting the application, then installing it. The delete will clear out any bogus records which is what I think you've got.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #74
dmacd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Orange UK

RemyJ,

Just thought I would detail a couple of bugs I noticed.

I have a database of 205 entries and while synchronizing through Desktop Manager I get the error: Fatal Exception in KeePassBBAddInImpl[411]: null

The database then won't open on the BB giving a 'Bad password or corrupt file' error.

I was able to import it from the microSD card but after closing and opening the app I now get: Actual data array length doesn't match header: - 17812:47724

Also when closing I get error: Uncaught exception: Java.lang.NullPointerException

Thanks
Old 09-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #75
Inphektion
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: (¯`·.¸at&t¸.·´¯)

Couple issues I noticed:
when I went to close a db I got this:
Code:
Name: NullPointerException
GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
Time: Sep 10, 2007 17:05:38
No detail message
net_rim_cldc-9
 MenuItemPrefab
 run
 0x2748
net_rim_cldc-8
 Menu
 show
 0x6241
keepassbb
 KeePassBBScreen
 onMenu
 0x18B2
net_rim_cldc-7
 Screen
 keyCharUnhandled
 0x5C32
net_rim_cldc-9
 MainScreen
 keyCharUnhandled
 0x23C9
net_rim_cldc-7
 Screen
 dispatchKeyEvent
 0x5196
net_rim_cldc-7
 Screen
 processKeyEvent
 0x7148
net_rim_cldc-7
 UiEngineImpl
 processMessage
 0x9E3D
net_rim_cldc-4
 Application
 processNextMessage
 0x10A5
net_rim_cldc-4
 Application
 enterEventDispatcher
 0x7A7
keepassbb
 KeePassBB
 main
 0x1613
I have it set to open the same db location every time. Like /sdcard/misc/mydb.kdb or whatever. But I hit cancel when it asked me for password and instead of trying that location automatically the second time I had to click on import db.

* Feature request - The ability to paste the password into the password field.

Thanks for the great program. I moved from password safe to keepass because you have this on the bb which is very conveinient.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #76
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Thanks for the reports. I'll have them fixed in the next release.

Inphektion: Which password? The database password or individual entry passwords?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:32 AM   #77
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Just wanted to keep you guys up to date...

I'm about 80% finished with full edit capability and about 20% complete on 2-way record level desktop sync. Both will be in the next Beta release (along with bug fixes), maybe by the end of the week.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:13 AM   #78
roooose

Model: 8100
Default Desktop Manager Add-In -- need help

Forgive me but I'm new to Blackberry... but a long time KeePass user. I have successfully installed the program on my Blackberry Pearl (8100)... but I'm having the toughest time figuring out how the KeePassBBAddIn.dll step works. I can't seem to get the Desktop Manager Add-In to show the necessary KeePass info so I can identify where my Windows XP KeePass .kdb file is.

Help me out here! I've tried running regsvr32 from a "cmd" window. Is that incorrect?

Thanks,
~Roooose

Last edited by roooose; 09-12-2007 at 01:14 AM..
Old 09-12-2007, 01:49 AM   #79
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roooose View Post
Forgive me but I'm new to Blackberry... but a long time KeePass user. I have successfully installed the program on my Blackberry Pearl (8100)... but I'm having the toughest time figuring out how the KeePassBBAddIn.dll step works. I can't seem to get the Desktop Manager Add-In to show the necessary KeePass info so I can identify where my Windows XP KeePass .kdb file is.

Help me out here! I've tried running regsvr32 from a "cmd" window. Is that incorrect?

Thanks,
~Roooose
I'm going to create a Windows installer for it in the final release. In the mean time, copy the KeePassBBAddIn.dll file to someplace stable, maybe the directory where KeePass is installed. Then open a command window and "cd" to that directory. Now run the "regsvr32 KeePassBBAddIn.dll" command. You should get a popup stating that the registration was successful. If you do, you should now see the Add-In in the Desktop Manager Synchronize->Configuration->Configure Add-ins window. Check the box then double ckick the entry to select your kdb file.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #80
roooose

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyJ View Post
I'm going to create a Windows installer for it in the final release. In the mean time, copy the KeePassBBAddIn.dll file to someplace stable, maybe the directory where KeePass is installed. Then open a command window and "cd" to that directory. Now run the "regsvr32 KeePassBBAddIn.dll" command. You should get a popup stating that the registration was successful. If you do, you should now see the Add-In in the Desktop Manager Synchronize->Configuration->Configure Add-ins window. Check the box then double ckick the entry to select your kdb file.

RemyJ,
I followed your instructions exactly and received the same error: "LoadLibrary ("KeePassBBAddIn.dll") failed - This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Any ideas why I'm getting that popup error message?
Closed Thread