Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
acpandeli

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Thumbs down Blackberry repair gone wrong

Please Login to Remove!

I purchased my first blackberry in 2011(the blackberry bold 9900) and decided to upgrade to the q10 when it came out in 2013. Since I purchased the Q10 in may 2013, I have had several issues with the phone. Within the first week of purchasing it, it was clear the device was defective because the screen was working as if someone had stepped on the phone (even thought that didn't happen). I went back to rogers to replace the phone and they sent me a refurbished one.

This refurbished model works for about 10 months until another problem arises. The phone was confusing contacts, refusing to start, giving me error messages and attempting to sync multiple copies of the same song.

I sent the phone in for repair and was told it would take blackberry 4 weeks to repair it. I waited very patiently and received the phone 4 weeks later, expecting everything to work fine. Instead of repairing the actual phone I sent it, they gave me another refurbished one. And guess what, it was broken! Giving me fatal error messages (which i confirmed by looking up the code the phone displayed online.) I don't understand how Blackberry expects to retain customers when they cannot even get a simple repair correct. It was bad enough it took 4 weeks, but to then send back a phone that didn't work was just the icing on the cake. Keep in mind that all the phones that I have owned, did not even have as much as a scratch on them, so it is clearly the manufacturer that is at fault.

After finally tracking down someone who had the authority to do anything, I was finally told that an "exception" would be made by rogers and a new phone would be sent to me. I am expecting this phone within the next few days and if i am stuck with the same problem, this will be my last blackberry.

So for anyone that is sending their phone to be repaired, you should expect that your phone will be sent back to with either the same problem, or they will send you another phone with a different problem.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Blackberry repair gone wrong

You do realize this is not a Blackberry company forum dont you.

On the issues, all carriers replace the phones with usesd or refurbished ones from stock.
In most cases none go back to the manufacturer. Repair companys either owned by the carrier or independents are used. In some cases the returned phone is simply checked and the OS is replaced.
I have people i know who have had the same issue with Apple , Samsung and Nokia.

I would suspect cost is the driving factor and there is not much anyone can do.

I would also suggest when you get the new phone you leave it alone andnot add any 3rd party apps until your very sure the phone works as desired. Sadly there are a lot of Apps that cause issues and the users in most cases are unable to know before hand. A lot also depends on interaction with other apps so some may be ok and some cause issues that look like other issues making the user think it's hardware.

Rogers is the one to push if the phone does not work when you get it.
Closed Thread