Old 06-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #41
lisaskil

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Syncing starting to work again

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

It has been almost 20 days since my sync stopped working... Yesterday, in a fit of frustration, I filed a support inquiry with Yahoo Premium Email. (I IMed one of the techs and she told me that I'd have to file the inquiry...) Well, I got the standard "Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mobile Tech Support" email and a case number and I wasn't very hopeful... BUT: when I got up this morning, the emails I deleted last night had synced! Furthermore, I've noticed this morning that the sync is working, albeit slowly. (I delete a message online and about 5 min later, the email is gone from the BB.)

Still haven't officially heard back from the support folks that the problem is "fixed", but it seems to be working somewhat. Hope the same is true for all of you.

--Lisa
Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #42
slibman80

Model: Tour
Default Any update?

Hi - Thanks for all of the information everyone has posted so far. I am just curious if anyone has updates yet on this. I have a BB Tour and the sync problem started about 2 weeks ago (before 2 weeks ago it always synced deleted messages). As far as I can tell the issue is still not resolved.

Anyone have updates on this? Is there some change in settings or do I need to re-install the yahoo application?

Thanks again for your help!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #43
slibman80

Hi Lisaskil - thanks for that update (we posted almost at the same time). I am going to submit an inquiry with Yahoo on this issue.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #44
lisaskil

I wish I had waited a bit to post, actually... The sync worked last night and it seemed like it was working this morning... but I deleted messages online more than 30 minutes ago and they're still on my handheld, so maybe it wasn't as fixed as I had hoped.

I do think that filing support issues with Yahoo will help, though. Mail is a mature product (despite their "beta" site having been in beta for years now...) and I think that these bugs will only get escalated if lots of people make the issue known.

Last edited by lisaskil; 06-24-2010 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: clarifying the issue
Old 06-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #45
The Sand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
Carrier: AT&T

Mine will sync but it takes 12 hours. Every 12 hours the email is deleted...

I agree it couldn't hurt to contact Yahoo. I have done this before and it took me over 4 emails before they even understood the problem. They will tell you POP3 doesn't sync. They will just keep telling you that until you printscreen your BIS settings (see attached.)

Until I slammed that print screen in their face I could get nowhere with them.

So if you have trouble... give them a print screen of your BIS settings for your Yahoo account. There is no arguing with the facts.

Of course then they will tell you RIM is responsible for that part of the sync... but it couldn't hurt to try.

Sandy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yahoo Sync.JPG (45.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #46
leesennet

Model: 9550
PIN: 310D7FDB
Default frustrated and giving up....

Ok...this issue has been going on for too long now. I am really at the point of just switching all my yahoo email accounts to another carrier. It is really annoying to keep having to delete things twice and mark messages as read on my device. To me, it seems that Yahoo is taking their time in getting this resolved. The synchronization feature is very crucial for me as I get 100+ emails a day. How does everyone else feel about this?

Lee
Old 07-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #47
The Sand

Default The Grass is not Greener...

I put Gmail and Hotmail through the BIS and neither one of those deliver the sync that Yahoo does. I was surprised about Gmail as it is IMAP. I did this while on the phone with RIM, we were testing things – he told me it wasn’t going to work – they don’t have “delete sync” with Gmail yet. If you are even reading this you know the specific part of the sync I am talking about…

Also, only Yahoo is that fast. As soon as that email hits the server you have it on the BB… And since there is “sound” from the BB - a lot of times it is the BB before the computer that tells me there is mail. There is no sound when email hits a web based mail account on the computer – and Outlook pulls at set configured times. Thus the BB lets me know immediately when there is Yahoo mail. Gmail and Hotmail (I am talking about through the BIS) were not as fast. Not even close. But that is my testing… bang away at it. You never know…

I have been so frustrated with certain things, let’s say “not going so well” that I have left BB to find another device that could meet “all” my needs. I am still holding a BB so that tells you how successful I have been. Even smartphones that have flash and multitasking don’t deliver email like the BB.

So I wait for Yahoo/BB to fix this because the grass is not greener on the other side…

But then again... people view "lawn" in different ways...???... (hee hee)...
Sandy
Old 07-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #48
machman

Model: Storm

Just to add to this..

I have a BB Storm, and have ben using it just fine with Yahoo for well over a year. I noticed this just started for my in the last week.

The most frustrating this about situations like this is that it was working just fine, in seconds. Then, you get accustomed to something working like it should, you really miss it when it is gone!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #49
leesennet

Model: 9550
PIN: 310D7FDB
Default Spoiled...

Well I guess that's it. I have gotten so accustomed to it working perfectly and now that it is not working, I am so frustrated. I will continue to wait and hope for a resolution to this problem. Thank you all for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Lee~
Old 07-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #50
keano
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630

I am still having issues with this as everybody else has pointed out. None of my e-mail delete for a while.

Any updates?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #51
keano

Ok, so the delete function has started to work for me, but only on future items. This started working since yesterday. Here is what I did, and maybe you may need to do the same.

I went in the BIS and I noticed that my password was not under my yahoo account. I updated the password field. Maybe that is the solution, maybe not, but it is worth a try.

Go to Setup/Manage Internet E-mail/edit your yahoo account, and enter your password.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #52
The Sand

Mine has started working again... keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

Yesterday I had to wipe the handheld and restore back a previous backup I made to the BB. I couldn't get my mail to work so I deleted my Yahoo account from the BIS and re-created it.

I have no idea if that has anything to do with why it started working or is simply "coincidence."

I just wanted to post that (for today anyway) I am syncing!

Sandy
Old 07-11-2010, 05:05 AM   #53
steve19

Carrier: Verizonwireless

I am also having an issue when I open a yahoo message on my PC it will still show as unread on my BB. Is this part of the original problem, a new problem, or "working as designed" as they say?

Thanks

Steve
Old 07-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #54
The Sand

Yes, that was part of it...

I am doing okay since yesterday - still syncing (keeping my fingers crossed.)

Sandy
Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #55
BB_Paul

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

As of this morning, 7/14, it looks like everything is back to normal, i.e. the way it was about a month ago. I've had the same issues for the past month but this morning it seems like the sync is working fine both ways; when making changes on the BB my Yahoo account is synched up immediately (there wasn't an issue there) but now when I make changes on my Yahoo account, the BB catches up is less than a minute, and it caught up with the past as well, it's not just future items. Hope everyone else's BB and Yahoo accounts are working as they should be again as well.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #56
lisaskil

Default So far, so good...

Right you are, BB_Paul... I saw your post earlier and decided to monitor my BB for a few hours. It does seem to be back where it was a month or so ago. Messages aren't deleted as instantaneously as they used to be in the good old days, but they do seem to sync within a minute or so--which is acceptable. Fingers crossed that this is a permanent fix...
Old 07-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #57
lawyerkelly

Model: 9000
Default Mine works too!

Just wanted to chime in - mine is working both ways!!!! yay!!!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #58
slibman80

Default It works!

Just wanted to add the update that my blackberry is now syncing without issue. YAY finally fixed!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #59
cuorie

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old thread, but I experienced the same problem and resolution.

But when I use my iPad or iPhone to move an email in my inbox to another folder, it does not get deleted from my BlackBerry. This used to work just fine in the past (before the synchronization problems started happening).

I'm just curious to know if any of you have also experienced this phenomena. I have an open ticket with RIM and want to see if I can report back if any else is also having this issue.

Thanks!
John
Old 09-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #60
The Sand

You probably already tried this but just in case I thought I would post it…

Are you accessing Yahoo on the iPhone/iPad through the email client or through the web browser?

If you are accessing from the iPhone/iPad Email client – after you move the Yahoo email from the inbox to a folder check your Yahoo account through the web browser and see if the email message actually left the inbox.

BB syncs the Yahoo inbox only… if something “leaves” the Yahoo inbox it should be removed from the BB.

If the email message is truly gone from the inbox via the Yahoo website then BB would need to address the problem – if it isn’t gone – then you would look at your settings on the iPhone/iPad to find out why it wasn’t “moved” out of the inbox.

Hope this helps but as I said you may have already tried this..

Sandy
Closed Thread