BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
syzygy25

Default Blackberry Rediretor not redirecting....

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

This is long., so thanks in anticipation....

PC - XP Pro SP2
S/W - Desktop Manager/Redirector V4.0, Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003,
NOT Blackberry Enterprise Server.
Server - Win2003
Handset - 7100V

We've had big problems redirecting mail from one PC in the office. Worked fine until 2 weeks ago, since then Nowt! Vodafone have blamed it in turn on RIM, Our Exchange Server, The Handset. At the same time the user went abroad (has now returned)

Symptoms;
Mail received into Outlook on PC.
Redirector identifies 1 Mail Pending
RIM Mail appears in Outlook, then disappears
Pending Mail back to 0., Expired 0, Filtered 0

However the Result of last transaction field is Refused by Handheld and the Time fiields are all 16 days old since Received or Send or Contact. and the Mail is not received on the Handheld or in the Mobileemail account.

OK, so I have tried installing the s/w & handheld on another PC and it still didin't work, however another Blackberry did work fine on that PC, so I don't think its a PC problem

Another Blackberry works fine through the same network and Exchange server so I don't think it's a network/exchange or firewall problem. I can also directly email to the users mobileemail account from the PC and it is received as is mail to any other pop3 accounts set up in mobileemail account.

So we've tried a new handset. I set up a new mobileemail account, using the new pin and IMEA. I then tried to uninstall and reinstall the Desktop Manager Software. The uninstall seemed to work OK, as did the reinstall. However the settjngs from the previous installation were retained (ie statistics and Events) - PIN Number changed when new handset plugged in and sync'd. The retention of some info worries me that the uninstallation isnt thorough.

The RIM messages are leaving the Exchange server and being delivered to, for example [email address] or mailrouter13.bwc.na.blackberry.net

The messages sent wioth the new handset have the same subject as those that were sent when we had the old Handset - seems a bit strange as the s/w, handset and mobileemail account have all changed.

so,

1. Any ideas what could be causing the non-arrival of email or what further troubleshooting steps to take

2. If I'm right and the uninstall isn't complete, how can I achieve that.

3. I'd appreciate a short outline of how the redirector works and what is the relevance of the RIM message fleetingly seen in the INBOX.

ttfn

Richard
Old 03-02-2005, 07:52 AM   #2
nomoresmartphones
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Well, I am by no means an expert, but I did some troubleshooting on my 7520 today, so I can definitely pass on my recent experience.

1. RIM wants you to setup a seperate mail profile just for the BB. All you have to do is go to the control panel, choose mail, setup a new profile with the same settings as the one you want to sync with (i.e. server name and account name). Then open the Desktop Manager, go to Mail Options, and choose that new profile (you can call it blackberry).

2. Make sure "Cached Exchange Mode" is turned off. This is only an available setting with Outlook 2003. Similar to above, go to Control Panel, Mail, Show Profiles, choose the BB profile, click Properties, click E-Mail Accounts, then CHange existing accounts. Make sure this option is NOT selected.

3. A last possible option is what is called a dbclean. SOmething with the Desktop redirector places some settings in the actual exchange mailbox on the exchange server. WHile you can uninstall workstation software until your fingertips bleed, these files on the server are not completely removed until you perform a dbclean. I am not sure if this totally works with your model phone, or the Vodaphone service. I call NEXTEL, have to go through 3 levels of tech support, then get transferred to RIM. RIM will e-mail you an .exe file that is used for the process.

I hope this helps shed a little light on your situation. If you find out anything else, please do share. ANd GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-02-2005, 04:51 PM   #3
syzygy25

Hi,

Thanks so much for your response, I really appreciate it.

I will try setting up a different Outlook Profile (although I didn't need to do this originally, I just used the default and it worked OK)

However the dbclean program sounds interesting - any chance you could email it to me? I know you have a different 'phone & supplier, but as the problem is with the RIM s/w its probably compatible. I seen it mentioned in other groups

please mail to (removing the word spam)

[email address]

Thanks

Richard
Closed Thread