Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
MobileAGBell
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Button wear problems with Nutshell case

Please Login to Remove!

I recently received a new Nutshell vertical style case with top tab and belt clip. I loved the thing. Well made, looks good, feels good, very strong belt clip, and my BB enters sleep mode as soon as it's inserted.

A couple of days ago I noticed that when I'd remove my BB from the case the screen display looked like the Space bar had been pressed. I repositioned the case on my belt and made a special effort to try to pull up on the case, relieving pressure on the inside lower portion of the case when getting into and out of my car.

Late this afternoon I noticed that the letter 'S' on the space bar is now nearly rubbed off. I felt inside the case and pressed on the outside of the case on the magnet. It feels like the magnet is pressing against the Space bar key. The leather of the case is soft and beautiful. Unfortunately, the soft leather and the vertical style apparently allow the magnet to press and rub the Space bar key when I am sitting or when entering / exiting a vehicle. I've repositioned the case several times trying to find a "sweet" spot that won't cause the magnet to rub. But due to the vertical style I'm not sure there is a position that will not rub. And since the case is not fitted, the BB can shift around a bit.

I have a Nutshell horizontal case on order and hope the leather belt loop (as opposed to the metal clip-type) will prevent the problem I've experienced in the vertical case. For those that are using the Nutshell vertical case, or any soft leather case with a magnet and a metal belt clip, you may want to keep an eye on the lettering on that space bar.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
mortgageguy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileAGBell
I recently received a new Nutshell vertical style case with top tab and belt clip. I loved the thing. Well made, looks good, feels good, very strong belt clip, and my BB enters sleep mode as soon as it's inserted.

A couple of days ago I noticed that when I'd remove my BB from the case the screen display looked like the Space bar had been pressed. I repositioned the case on my belt and made a special effort to try to pull up on the case, relieving pressure on the inside lower portion of the case when getting into and out of my car.

Late this afternoon I noticed that the letter 'S' on the space bar is now nearly rubbed off. I felt inside the case and pressed on the outside of the case on the magnet. It feels like the magnet is pressing against the Space bar key. The leather of the case is soft and beautiful. Unfortunately, the soft leather and the vertical style apparently allow the magnet to press and rub the Space bar key when I am sitting or when entering / exiting a vehicle. I've repositioned the case several times trying to find a "sweet" spot that won't cause the magnet to rub. But due to the vertical style I'm not sure there is a position that will not rub. And since the case is not fitted, the BB can shift around a bit.

I have a Nutshell horizontal case on order and hope the leather belt loop (as opposed to the metal clip-type) will prevent the problem I've experienced in the vertical case. For those that are using the Nutshell vertical case, or any soft leather case with a magnet and a metal belt clip, you may want to keep an eye on the lettering on that space bar.

My Nutshell case is also very tight and sits snugly inside. I know that some of the buttons are getting pressed when I take it in and out because my screen changes from what it went in on and what it comes out on. I love the case though.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #3
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

I really like my Nutshell case too and, at this point, the plastic RIM holder has done so much damage to the device that I'm not too concerned if letters start to rub off ;)
Closed Thread