Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
dlawneb

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Cool Archiving apps & App World

Please Login to Remove!

I'm having a problem archiving apps from my BB 8530 - App World will download the app and then archive it, it is not archiving the installed version. This is an annoyance when a large app must be downloaded before archiving (which is mighty slow by itself) but it became an issue when I tried to archive and app no longer available from App World - it will not archive.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Archiving apps & App World

Items downloaded or purchased using the BlackBerry App World storefront can be archived to an external media card or available internal device memory. This makes memory management more efficient and has the following additional benefits:

Quicker reinstallation of items
No additional air time data charges when an archived item is reinstalled
On BlackBerry smartphones that have both internal device memory and an external memory card (for example, the BlackBerry Bold smartphone and the BlackBerry Storm smartphone), items are archived to the internal device memory when there is sufficient free space. If the internal device memory does not contain sufficient free space, the external memory card is used automatically without requiring any action from the BlackBerry smartphone user.

Archiving an item removes the item from the BlackBerry smartphone application memory and stores the installation files to memory, whether internal device memory or an external media card. The BlackBerry smartphone cannot run an item that is in an archived state. Additionally, if an item is deleted from My World while it is in an archived state, the archived files will also be deleted. The item will need to be downloaded again if the BlackBerry smartphone user wants to use it again if available

Last edited by tsac; 05-18-2011 at 04:56 PM..
Old 05-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
dlawneb

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Archiving apps & App World

Blackberry App World is downloading the app before archiving not me - it is 1 process.

I have 7 apps archived and Blackberry App World did the same thing every time.

Download the app

Archive the app

Required Reboot alert screen

Note: Blackberry App World version 2.1.1.2

Last edited by dlawneb; 05-18-2011 at 05:24 PM..
Closed Thread