BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
ScottyBoy_1989
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default Threaded SMS and EN Sign. How do I go back an OS .. ?

Please Login to Remove!

I am not best pleased at the moment. I made the mistake of changing my language to another language, then back to english, which then caused the EN box to come up on the top right of my screen whenever my cursor was in a text box (sms, bb messenger etc) and this was REALLY starting to annoy me, seeing as i have a minor OCD for these kind of things. It really made me uncomfortable and irritated me.

I then resorted to researching online to find help. I came across the new Operating System for Blackberry, and opted to download it. It was successful, as the new OS has an option to turn the EN box off. But then I ran into another problem ..

I do not LIKE the new Operating system for one reason only!

The new threaded SMS is just NOT going to work for me. I hated it instantly and i instantly missed the way it used to be laid out on the old OS.

So .. the reason for this thread, is to find out if i can go back to the old layout of SMS, and if that's not possible, then to ask how I can go back to my operating system and NOT get the EN sign come up. If this means reformatting my Blackberry, then so be it! I just need some help because I do not know how to go back to my previous OS and I do not know how to reformat my Blackberry.

Any help will be appreciated greatly!

ps. I'm on a Mac, not PC. (if that makes any difference when it comes to connecting the BB to the computer?)
Old 03-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Please - one thread on a topic.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ms-en-box.html

If you want to revert OS, find the thread on how to do that. You will need a PC or a Mac with Parallels to do that.

Recommendation is that you try to get use to the new SMS, as the rest of us have.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
kirrinjones
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: 208E7C41
Carrier: LIME, Jamaica

Wirelessly posted

I would suggest you go back to your old os, and only install the language (en) that you use. You will get back your SMS layout and the EN icon will not return.
Closed Thread