BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #61
ctibbsaz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Just updated and so far so good, digging the new look of the clock (use the flip clock and it is now huge for my old ass to see) google maps working great and so far so good.

edit: only thing so far is cannot find the BB 5.0 that I installed, not a huge deal will try again and see if can get it to work, other than that all other 3rd party apps running flawlessly and noticing browser speed is better.

Last edited by ctibbsaz; 08-28-2009 at 10:50 PM..
Old 08-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #62
skygear
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Google Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan3 View Post
I'm having problems with the music player. Music plays fine, but will not automatically play the next track on the playlist; it will read, but no sound. The only way to play the next track is to return back to the list and manually select a track. Is anyone else experiencing this?
had same issues and tons of bluetooth issues couldnt change any settings in the bluetooth settings screen

browser fix... yeah... the tabed browser i do miss both browsers are faster than any of the os 4 versions
Old 08-29-2009, 01:36 AM   #63
hoostie

Model: 9700
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by [IFC]Area51 View Post
Installing 5.0.0.190 for BOLD right now. Looking forward on trying threaded SMS.
How is it working for you?

I installed it and it would not update my contacts. Going to try it again tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:49 AM   #64
[IFC]Area51
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: GU!!!
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoostie View Post
How is it working for you?

I installed it and it would not update my contacts. Going to try it again tomorrow.
Working alright so far, remember this is an unofficial release.
8100|8300|8310|8320|8900|9000|9700|9650
Old 08-29-2009, 02:32 AM   #65
Dinan3
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: & Teller
Carrier: AT&T

is anyone else having the same problem as i am with the music player not being able to automatically play the next track (when using an auxiliary connection)? My truck has a tape deck that i use a cassette adapter with to play mp3's from my bold. it plays the first track just fine, then skips to the next track, but there are no sound outputs for the next tracks on my playlist; to resolve this, I would have to go back and manually select a track from the playlist in order to hear what i want, each and every time. If anyone would be kind enough to give this a shot and help me confirm this bug, please do so and post your findings. thanks.

EDIT: This does not happen when listening directly from the bold's built in speakers.

Last edited by Dinan3; 08-29-2009 at 02:35 AM..
Old 08-29-2009, 03:20 AM   #66
jamdown2

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Unhappy

Downloaded yesterday i have been running for the last 14 hours to check batttery life. So far very good on battery about 45 % left after lots of calls and emails. Some third party app dont work (Vlingo and Viigo). however overall performance good
Old 08-29-2009, 04:55 AM   #67
R-Rizzo
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: --
Carrier: T-Mo US

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellington View Post
Installed OS yesterday, everything fine except in Viigo I cannot scroll down through a post without changing to page view the display will just flicker but will not scroll lower than the initial screen display. Already removed and reinstalled viigo to no avail. Anyone else having this issue or has a work around?

Thanks
Well I can't help you with a fix, but I wanted to let you know that your not alone. I am having the exactly same problem.... Although it took me an hour and a half and 4 uninstall/reinstalls before I figured out the work around.

As a side note, It's not limited to Viigo. I downloaded an off-brand RSS reader and had the exact same problem, I think it has something to do with how the program calls upon the BB browser. Anywho, I've basically just become much more selective with which posts I read fully now.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #68
abutajo

Model: 8700
Carrier: Zain - Jordan
Default 5.0.190

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenserdc View Post
You really have BBM5 working on your Bold running 5.0.0.190? I had it working on .130, but was unable to get it running on .190. I can install the app (it appears in the Applications list), but I never get the icon. I had to uninstall it and then install 4.7 which came with .190. I've read several posts over on CrackBerry swearing that it doesn't work on this build.

I swear mine works, but my issue is that previously when i opppend Browser options, Browser, i had three options, Internet Browser, Blackberry Browser and Hot spot (use to set it as Internet brower and i worked great...now, after the update 5.0.190 i have Blackberry browser, Browser and Hot Spot...when i try to browse on Blackberry Browser, i get a message that says BLOCKED...did anyone face the same issue?
Old 08-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #69
greenbre

Default USB charging current is not sufficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts36 View Post
Wirelessly posted
The one glitch I've noticed is regarding charging. I use a charging cradle at night. After about 10 seconds in the cradle, I get a message that says that the USB adapter is not compatible and that I may have to install new drivers. I haven't figured out whether it allow it to charge anyway or not, though it blocks my clock! Otherwise, so far so good.
Thanks guys, I am getting the same problem when dropping my BB8900 AT&T running 5.0.0.190 in the charging cradle. Error: "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed." I have found that simply moving the plug from the back of the cradle to the side of the BB avoids the problem... but can only be a temporary workaround. The cradle in conjuction with the bedside mode is priceless.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:24 PM   #70
kaimerabellerophon

PIN: 213DC674
Carrier: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaron2 View Post
anyone who wants the file just post your email address and i'll send it off to you

please send me the bbm 5 files i am on os 5.0.0.190 /Javelin-8900. my email is vodafoneemail(at the rate sign)mobileemail.vodafone.net

thanks a ton..

Kaimera
Old 08-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #71
mmspearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T-Mobile

is there anyway to make the socket connection work for opera and jivetalk for the 5.0 OS? i'm forced to use BIS/HTTP connection which works but causes lag/problems
Old 08-31-2009, 07:57 AM   #72
Timbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan3 View Post
is anyone else having the same problem as i am with the music player not being able to automatically play the next track (when using an auxiliary connection)? My truck has a tape deck that i use a cassette adapter with to play mp3's from my bold. it plays the first track just fine, then skips to the next track, but there are no sound outputs for the next tracks on my playlist; to resolve this, I would have to go back and manually select a track from the playlist in order to hear what i want, each and every time. If anyone would be kind enough to give this a shot and help me confirm this bug, please do so and post your findings. thanks.

EDIT: This does not happen when listening directly from the bold's built in speakers.
Just pause/unpause using the MUTE key. I get the same problem in two instances... When I first start media player, the second song that tries to play is silent. Also, if I use the volume down key to go back a song, the next song after that is silent. Pause/unpause fixes the problem and all songs after that play fine.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:06 PM   #73
bbreader
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default OS5 Bedside Mode issue

Hi - does anyone know what the "Restrict to Certain Hours" is for ? Does it work for you ?

It's in the Clock's Options settings under bedside mode, and I would have thought it would restrict automatic entry into bedside mode to the specified time period each day.

I ask because, on my friend's 8900, the option didn't appear to do anything in .130 and still doesn't appear to do anything in .190 . . .

Last edited by bbreader; 08-31-2009 at 12:23 PM..
Old 08-31-2009, 02:32 PM   #74
fftonyb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

I hope this isn't viewed as a silly question. I just got an 8900. Love it. I'm wanting to know if the upgrade to OS 5.0 gives the phone 3G capability.

I'm no techie, so if I'm way out of line (like asking for a detergent called prop wash at an airport) please don't laugh too hard.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:58 PM   #75
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fftonyb View Post
I'm wanting to know if the upgrade to OS 5.0 gives the phone 3G capability.
No, it won't.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #76
fftonyb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
No, it won't.
Thank you for not putting up a little ROFL smiley or a LOL emoticon.

Much appreciated.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:11 PM   #77
fredaroony

Carrier: Telstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyh View Post
After loading .190 my bold has started rebooting-rebooting-rebooting...is this a problem with the OS or is there something on my phone that I need to look at. I have had the bold since last November and this is the FIRST problem I have ever had and it all started after .190 upgrade.....Need some help if possible.
Does it do it when it tries to register on the GSM network? Mine worked great for a day and when I did a battery pull and tried to start it up again I had this over and over again.

A few other people have reported this on other forums. I went back to earlier version and its all good again. If you disable the network access quick enough it wont reboot.

Its a shame because I was really liking this OS
Old 09-01-2009, 01:39 AM   #78
liar2

Quote:
Originally Posted by abutajo View Post
I swear mine works, but my issue is that previously when i opppend Browser options, Browser, i had three options, Internet Browser, Blackberry Browser and Hot spot (use to set it as Internet brower and i worked great...now, after the update 5.0.190 i have Blackberry browser, Browser and Hot Spot...when i try to browse on Blackberry Browser, i get a message that says BLOCKED...did anyone face the same issue?
well, I've got an issue with my browser. Before I performed the update, I had 3 options. Internet browser, medianet, and hotspot. Now, I only have hotspot and medianet. How the hell can I get internet browser back?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #79
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaron2 View Post
anyone who wants the file just post your email address and i'll send it off to you
@Yaron2 -- what version of BBM5 is this? I have two different versions of BBM 5.0.0.8 : they appear the same, except for the file size of COD file inside:

net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod -- labeled "For_5.0.0" -- 90,456 bytes

net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod -- labeled "For_5.1.0" -- 90,544 bytes

Either one of these the version you've got that runs on the 8900 with 5.0.0.190?

If not -- if you've got another version that does work with 5.0.0.190 on the 8900, please let me know. I'd be interested in trying it.

thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #80
nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: t-mobile Germany

Did anyone els notice, that searching in the address book does not work ?
Did not work in 130 also.

Or, is this only happening to me ?
Closed Thread