Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 06:07 AM   #1
bluecalyx

Model: 8820
Carrier: att
Default 7100V JVM 523 error when EA completes

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I just bought a 7100V and upgraded to 4.1.0.292 Cingular firmware. I have had this JVM 523 error before and had thought it was the firmware or some application I loaded. I strated clean and did a wipe using java loader. Loaded up the Cingular firmware. I replaced the Blackberry.alx with the edited version and loaded the cingular cod from CSL and the zen cod. I did this by steps to make sure it wasn't the .alx of .cod files. So, the error comes when I turn off the blackberry and take off the battery and turn it back on. There was no error at all UNTIL I activated through my BES via desktop. Sure enough, the JVm error comes back on. I will do the exact same things with the Vodafone 4.02 firmware and see if it does the same thing.

Anyone else seen this behavior?
Old 05-09-2006, 03:56 AM   #2
bluecalyx

Default update

I went ahead and loaded Vodafone's 4.02 firmware on my 7100V and activated through my BES and resetted the BB. No problems. Just for the heck of it. I loaded Cingular 4.1 firmware on top of 4.02 and it did the exact same thing after I activated through my BES. Does anyone know what Java app is causing the fatal error? Like I mentioned before. It's related to the EA being activated. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

A very difficult to diagnose JVM 523 was caused by a module that is referenced by an .alx file in the device, but the module no longer existed could be the root of these problems. Assure your .alx is not referencing a module that is not on the device.

Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki; 05-10-2006 at 08:57 AM..
Old 05-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
bluecalyx

Which .alx file am I looking at? I can do a scan on the file and see if it's looking for a specific module.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
bluecalyx

Just as a a followup in case anyone else is experiencing the same issue I have. Vodafone 7100v (German version ---Y is Z on keys) does NOT work with any versions of 4.1 (I tried Cingular and CSL). It will work if you NEVER take off the battery and you don't Activate through BES. Otherwise, you will get a Jave 523 error. I had my supplier replacement my phone with a brand new one and the same error when I applied 4.1.
Closed Thread