BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 02-02-2006, 02:10 PM   #1
jdisrael78

Model: 9700
PIN: 2160168F
Carrier: AT&T
Default Blackberry connect for Treo 650

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone heard any details or release dates planned for this? I was at Lotusphere last week and the RIM team was there with a product demo booth. They had a Treo 650 with Blackberry Connect on it and said that it was available through Cingular. However when I go to Cingular's site there is no info available.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:24 AM   #2
Bunker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdisrael78
Has anyone heard any details or release dates planned for this? I was at Lotusphere last week and the RIM team was there with a product demo booth. They had a Treo 650 with Blackberry Connect on it and said that it was available through Cingular. However when I go to Cingular's site there is no info available.
Hearing April for commercial release. Possibly some corporate trials for big customers in late March.

Bunker
Old 02-15-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
hposadas
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Treonauts has an article about a Treo running BB Connect being shown at the 3GSM conference in Barcelona.

Bunker's estimates may not be that far off!!
Old 02-16-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Here's the link for the Treonauts article: http://blog.treonauts.com/ A good read.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #5
go2duke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703

That would make for an interesting device. Something to keep my eye on.

Thanks for the info
-G2D
Old 02-18-2006, 04:19 PM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

What I dislike most about the Blackberry is lack of any additional storage. A slot somewhere like behind the battery for a mini-SD card would provide up to 1 GB of storage on the device for documents, ring tones, pictures, whatever. I'd definitely consider moving back to the Blackberry from my Treo 650 if it got this. It's one of the reasons I jumped from the BB to the Treo to begin with.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:51 AM   #7
elbastardocalvo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Any additional word on this? It's now almost April...
Old 03-24-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
silver_2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT

Went to BB BES admin training put on by Cingular last week and Cingular acted like they would rather not see another Palm Treo - When asked about BB connect the rep said NO WAY

Too many hardware breakage problems with the Palm for them - Not sure why they would car since they havent allowed people to insure the Palm in years - its no skin off thier back if it breaks...

there are at least 2 pieces to finish BB connect - Palm needs to release it to the acrriers AND the carriers neeed to test and endorse it and make it avail to thier customers - Accorindg to ONE Cingular rep - they have no interest
Old 03-24-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
elbastardocalvo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_2000
Went to BB BES admin training put on by Cingular last week and Cingular acted like they would rather not see another Palm Treo - When asked about BB connect the rep said NO WAY

Too many hardware breakage problems with the Palm for them - Not sure why they would car since they havent allowed people to insure the Palm in years - its no skin off thier back if it breaks...

there are at least 2 pieces to finish BB connect - Palm needs to release it to the acrriers AND the carriers neeed to test and endorse it and make it avail to thier customers - Accorindg to ONE Cingular rep - they have no interest
Well that sucks...
Old 03-25-2006, 04:06 AM   #10
Bunker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_2000

Well that shouldn't suprise anyone since Verizon seems to get new Palm models before Cingular does...

Anyway, saw the client again on a Treo 650 last week. The person who showed me said that the carrier had a 'release' client to test with and that if it certified OK on the network, then mid-late April was still possible.

Bunker
Old 03-25-2006, 12:07 PM   #11
RIMarkable
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e

It seems to me that RIM, moreso, than the carriers would be the ones that don't want BlackBerry Connect to see the light of day. Rumor has it that BlackBerry Connect is coming out not only for Palm, but for Windows Mobile devices as well.

With all the new Windows Mobile 5 devices coming out, RIM may not want to see potential customers that need get get email via BlackBerry but are attracted to the additional features of the the Pocket PCs buy third party hardware and connect to BES.

RIM still makes most of it's money from hardware sales and although I believe that they will eventually have to morph into a service provider, they may as well milk that perverbial hardware cow as long as they can.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #12
Wiseass

Model: 9850
PIN: k Floyd \m/ ROCK!
Carrier: VZW

FYI The Tro 650 is available, one of our sales guys picked one up, just not sure how he'll get it registered on our BES. I've got a post here if someone knows what I've got to go through to get it registered. Same as a regular RIM BB device?

We don't have one in-house here yet so I have nothing to play with.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #13
RxistKJ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T
Default Can you find out where he got it from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseass
FYI The Tro 650 is available, one of our sales guys picked one up
Palm website still indicates will be available in early 2006:

http://www.palm.com/us/enterprise/pr...y_connect.html

None of the carrier websites are advertising it either.

Thanks,
Old 03-27-2006, 08:59 PM   #14
tankee531

Model: 9800
PIN: xxxx
Carrier: Singtel

Probably same as any BB connect devices.

BB must be running on device
Device is connected to PC and detected.
run the BB desktop management program to register.

I'm assuming he is already using a BB. if not, he need to inform your BB admin to create an account in the BES and activate his mobile line for BB.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:12 PM   #15
ld-runner

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIMarkable
It seems to me that RIM, moreso, than the carriers would be the ones that don't want BlackBerry Connect to see the light of day. Rumor has it that BlackBerry Connect is coming out not only for Palm, but for Windows Mobile devices as well.

With all the new Windows Mobile 5 devices coming out, RIM may not want to see potential customers that need get get email via BlackBerry but are attracted to the additional features of the the Pocket PCs buy third party hardware and connect to BES.

RIM still makes most of it's money from hardware sales and although I believe that they will eventually have to morph into a service provider, they may as well milk that perverbial hardware cow as long as they can.
There is alot of money to be made in selling BES licensing.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:38 PM   #16
canesfins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: BTC

You can get BB Connect for the Treo from Singapore, see the other thread.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:50 AM   #17
silver_2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
You can get BB Connect for the Treo from Singapore, see the other thread.
go to rims site and look at the BB connect hardware list - the 650 is there ONLY in APAC
There are like 2 devices out of a dozen or more avail in US
I think BB connect for 650 here is DEAD

I recieved this in march from RIm after asking about the 650 - Now both links are dead
Quote:
For more information on BlackBerry Connect for the Palm OS and Treo 650 please see blackberry dot com /products/connect/palmOS.shtml and blackberry dot com/products/connect/treo650.shtml respectively.

Last edited by silver_2000; 06-26-2006 at 08:53 AM..