BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: what applcation by DynoPlex you use most often?
eSpell 4 25.00%
eCell 3 18.75%
eWord 6 37.50%
ViewAll for xls and docs 6 37.50%
View All for PDF and images 5 31.25%
View All for fax and print 2 12.50%
viewing and editing attachments 2 12.50%
eFile Remote Desktop Access 2 12.50%
eFile Google Spreadheets 1 6.25%
eWorks 1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:18 AM   #21
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbra View Post
Blueman,
What is your BB model?
danbra,

i sent an email to Handango support, because i damaged my pearl and needed to order a new one. With regard to my masterdoc purchase, i would like to get it to work on my new pearl, but i believe the PIN of the device is part of my license/activation. Who do I contact at dynoplex to change my PIN in the registration of this software ?

I will be recieving the new phone today or tomorrow.

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:39 AM   #22
nremondelli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7800g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Okay, I'm not sure if my comment will be interesting enough (or PC enough) to win a license, but here is my comment. I am really interested in your software. I am a teacher and can really see how it would be useful to create/edit lesson plans on the fly and materials for my students. However, as I mentioned, I am a teacher and cannot afford the price of the software. It may be affordable for those in the business world, but may alineate those in the field of education. Are there any plans to offer a stripped down, discounted version?

Last edited by nremondelli; 07-19-2007 at 10:01 PM..
Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #23
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: do not use

Sakman,
Drop an email to [email address]
Old 07-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #24
SiBorg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: O2

I'm successfully using this latest version of eOffice on a BlackBerry Pearl using OS 4.2.0.73

I had to downgrade from 4.2.1.66 to 4.2.0.73 with the previous version, because Attachments wouldn't open at all!

Has anyone tried this with any of the newer BB Pearl 4.2.1.xx OS versions?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:51 AM   #25
SiBorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiBorg View Post
I'm successfully using this latest version of eOffice on a BlackBerry Pearl using OS 4.2.0.73

I had to downgrade from 4.2.1.66 to 4.2.0.73 with the previous version, because Attachments wouldn't open at all!

Has anyone tried this with any of the newer BB Pearl 4.2.1.xx OS versions?
Answered my own question...

Installed the new 4.2.1.93 OS from O2 UK and everything works very well.

Haven't tried Faxing or Emailing files yet... Have the network problems with those been fixed yet, Dan?
Old 07-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #26
Elliot Lonsdale

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: CellularOne

I always hesitated trying eOffice because of the high pricetag, but I have been trying it out all day long. I must say this is one amazing program. I'm not going to use the advanced stuff like fax functions, but so far I am seriously impressed with what this software can do.

Since I can't compare it to old versions, I can't really offer any constructive criticism, but I can let you know what I think about this current version. People have been mentioning attachments being slow, and that hasn't been the case for me. Everything has been speedy quick, and I have run some pretty beefy files through the app.

I only had one problem with a PDF not opening, but I later found out it was an error on my part. So far everything I have thrown at the app has worked very nicely, and again, I'm quite impressed.

As another user mentioned, I too could see myself using this far too often (I work in IT for a local government) -- but the pricetag is a little steep. A stripped down version for $50-75 appeals to me. I'd love to have the full app, but us local government folk always have budget issues (at least my department does).

Keep in mind I am not deriding the price point, just saying it does not coincide with my budget at this point in time. Maybe next year I can try to budget a few copies of this in for the department heads.

Oh, and the mouse feature is implemented very well. I wish more developers would try to incorporate this in.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #27
SiBorg

Has anyone tried Emailing a file as an attachment using eOffice?

I can't get it to work.

It says the file was sent successfully, but nothing gets delivered the other end!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:26 PM   #28
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiBorg View Post
Answered my own question...

Installed the new 4.2.1.93 OS from O2 UK and everything works very well.

Haven't tried Faxing or Emailing files yet... Have the network problems with those been fixed yet, Dan?
Siborg,
Yes, they are fixed. Your issue is not due to the short outage we have had recently. We keep on working on it and it has been given high priority. My apologies.

Last edited by danbra; 07-23-2007 at 04:28 PM..
Old 07-23-2007, 04:56 PM   #29
zero7404

i, for one, was impressed at how the software authentication system went so smoothly when i used switch device wizard in DM and it transferred masterdoc over to my new pearl.

@ first start-up on the new device, it re-authenticated my purchase rights and i got an email with my new PIN and password for use with efile desktop. sweet.

on the opposite side of the spectrum, i had to nag handango & beiks to change my PIN so that i can activate the dictionary i bought for my new PIN. that took like 4 days....
Old 07-23-2007, 05:46 PM   #30
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sakman,

Did you originally contacted handango and beiks or our customer care? If yes, could you please PM me the email adresses you sent your requests to? This will help us to react faster on requests sent to our resellers and then forwarded to our support.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #31
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks to all for your comments. Tommorrow I will post the result of the challenge.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #32
zero7404

Quote:
Sakman,

Did you originally contacted handango and beiks or our customer care? If yes, could you please PM me the email adresses you sent your requests to? This will help us to react faster on requests sent to our resellers and then forwarded to our support.
well, initially i put in the req with handango when logged into my account there were 2 support links for the product (one handango, the other dynoplex).

both parties got involved, but as it turns out the re-registration was automatic. i think dynoplex's systems are smart enough to recognize that if the device PIN changes, but the phone number remains the same, then it assigns the account to the new PIN. it also followed up with an email, so in case my phone was stolen and someone else tried to pull a software rip from it, then i would know about it.

Last edited by zero7404; 07-23-2007 at 07:09 PM..
Old 07-24-2007, 01:49 AM   #33
Elliot Lonsdale

Quote:
Thanks to all for your comments. Tommorrow I will post the result of the challenge.
*crosses fingers*
Old 07-24-2007, 09:13 PM   #34
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

So, here are the results. Winners are: Donc36, Tools, BroadcastDoc (we reserve rights for your haiku, if allowed ), Sackman (we also appreciate your posts on eOffice in other threads), Elliot Lonsdale and nremondelli. 6 instead of 5 intended, actually. So, not quite a competition really, but exchange of opinions. I will PM eOffice activation keys to you, guys, tommorrow.
We really appreciate everyone's activity here.
Guys, keep posting here - each week a DynoPlex product license will be given to the most active or interesting author.
Thanks all.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #35
Elliot Lonsdale

Quote:
Winners are: Elliot Lonsdale
Thank you so much! Now that I will be integrating this into my everyday Blackberry app rotation, I think I will be able to understand the software even further, and I'll be able to provide more constructive feedback.

I think I am also going to plan to purchase a couple copies for department heads when my budget will allow it (October, most likely).

Again, thank you for your generosity. It is much appreciated!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:53 PM   #36
BroadcastDoc

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
So, here are the results. Winners are: Donc36, Tools, BroadcastDoc (we reserve rights for your haiku, if allowed ), Sackman (we also appreciate your posts on eOffice in other threads), Elliot Lonsdale and nremondelli. 6 instead of 5 intended, actually. So, not quite a competition really, but exchange of opinions. I will PM eOffice activation keys to you, guys, tommorrow.
Guys, keep posting here - each week a DynoPlex product license will be given to the most active or interesting author.
Thanks all.
Wow!! Thank you very much!! It will get a lot of use.

And yes, the haiku is yours. ;)
Old 07-25-2007, 02:06 AM   #37
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Thanks all.
This is awesome! Thank you Danbra and DynoPlex!!!

Don
Old 07-25-2007, 04:03 AM   #38
zero7404

Quote:
So, here are the results. Winners are: Donc36, Tools, BroadcastDoc (we reserve rights for your haiku, if allowed ), Sackman...
were u referring to me with "Sackman" ?

if so, thank you very much for this license, i enjoy using masterdoc and will have even more fun with eoffice ! thanks !
Old 07-25-2007, 03:54 PM   #39
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sakman74, yes. Sorry for being incorrect
Old 07-26-2007, 02:31 AM   #40
nremondelli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7800g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wow! Thank you so much. This will be super helpful for me. I really am very grateful.
Closed Thread