Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 01:20 PM   #1
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Starhub
Default MiniSafe 1.5 - Your Electronic Wallet - Beta Release

Please Login to Remove!

Simprit has released MiniSafe 1.5 Beta. MiniSafe 1.5 has the following enhancements:
  • Import eWallet TXT, SplashID vID and CryptMagic TXT.
  • Unattended synchronization.
  • Create new database and open database (MiniSafe Desktop).
  • Database history (MiniSafe Desktop).
  • Minor enhancements and bug fixes.

Check out the software at:
http://www.simprit.com/minisafe_bb/

Your feedbacks are welcome. Please email us at [email address]. Thank you.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:47 PM   #2
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Minisafe is great - few questions

I have been very happy with my 1.3 and don't use splash any more. Does this version allow control over where the file is placed on the harddrive?

How do I tell if this is a free upgrade?

Thanks for this product.

Oh by the way, on my 7100g if the font is too large some of the fields are hard to read.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:34 AM   #3
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Stinsonddog,

Yes, you are right. You can now create new database and place your database in any location.

Upgrade is free for existing users.

Regarding the font problem, do you have the same issue when you view text (for example reading email, etc) on your BlackBerry handheld? If you do, please adjust your system font settings via Options/Screen/Keyboard. FYI, MiniSafe BlackBerry uses system font settings to render text.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:53 AM   #4
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

simprit -

I have been a user of version 1.3 for quite some time and love the application. I just upgraded to 1.5 and have decided to synch with MiniSafe Desktop but am having problems. When I choose to Synchronize Now I get a message stating "Your MiniSafe for BlackBerry is a new system. You must set your password first before performing sync!", but I already have a password set for the MiniSafe Desktop application. Can you help, please?
Old 09-15-2005, 10:32 AM   #5
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

dkmadrid,

The message indicates MiniSafe database on your BlackBerry handheld is uninitialized.

How did you install the new software?

In normal case, you will be prompted to upgrade to latest version if BlackBerry Desktop Manager detects a newer version of software exists. In this case, MiniSafe database will be migrated to newer version too.

However if you remove the software first and re-install the software again. MiniSafe database is gone (when MiniSafe software is removed).

You can logon to MiniSafe on your handheld and set a new password. After that, perform a sync. This will sync records on your desktop to handheld.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
bostonnerd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: z10

Nice job Simprit. I just installed 1.5 and imported my ewallet entries. Looks good. Worked so well, I have just registered the software.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #7
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simprit
dkmadrid,

The message indicates MiniSafe database on your BlackBerry handheld is uninitialized.

How did you install the new software?

In normal case, you will be prompted to upgrade to latest version if BlackBerry Desktop Manager detects a newer version of software exists. In this case, MiniSafe database will be migrated to newer version too.

However if you remove the software first and re-install the software again. MiniSafe database is gone (when MiniSafe software is removed).

You can logon to MiniSafe on your handheld and set a new password. After that, perform a sync. This will sync records on your desktop to handheld.
I downloaded the zip file from your website and installed from there. I hadn't been using the desktop manager previously (v1.3) but decided to do so when your upgrade to v1.5 brought me to your website. So there was no MiniSafe database when I was using v1.3. I will try the technique as you stated (logging into MiniSafe on the handheld and setting a new password) and hope that when i re-synch the problem will clear. I will keep you posted.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:00 PM   #8
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Well, good news and bad news, I guess. I was able to synch my handheld and the desktop version of MiniSafe, but in the process I lost all entries I had previously made in the Blackberry (which was probably about 50+). Any chance these items are somewhere on the device I don't know about?? (wishful thinking, i'm sure....)
Old 09-15-2005, 02:47 PM   #9
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Default Upgrade wasn't easy

Next upgrade please let people know if you have to uninstall first. I first had to uninstall from my handheld. I was getting the following error.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000011]

Then when I added 1.5 it saw it as a new program and would not synch until I added a password.

At some point in the process I couldn't synch because it said my trial had expired but I had input my registration number.

Oh well it works now, and I am happy with it.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:19 PM   #10
kitmoni

Model: 8130
PIN: >Options>Status
Carrier: Sprint
Default Second That - Upgrade Bumpy

Next release it would be good to work on a smoother process. I, too, had some bumps in my upgrade as described above. Maybe put on the site a specific link to upgrade your device and I had to work without a net using some trial and error.

Now, on the flipside, I'm very happy with the new product! I had slowly begun to enter in my eWallet contacts one by one, and had gotten about 1/3 of the way in before I read this thread. Adding the eWallet import was BIG. Thank you, it work's like a gem.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:08 PM   #11
Dusty Saddle

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitmoni
Next release it would be good to work on a smoother process. I, too, had some bumps in my upgrade as described above. Maybe put on the site a specific link to upgrade your device and I had to work without a net using some trial and error.

Now, on the flipside, I'm very happy with the new product! I had slowly begun to enter in my eWallet contacts one by one, and had gotten about 1/3 of the way in before I read this thread. Adding the eWallet import was BIG. Thank you, it work's like a gem.
My upgrade went flawlessly. I downloaded the zip file, extracted it and the next time I went to Application Loader, it said that there was an update for MiniSafe and loaded it.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:53 PM   #12
kitmoni

Model: 8130
PIN: >Options>Status
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Saddle
My upgrade went flawlessly. I downloaded the zip file, extracted it and the next time I went to Application Loader, it said that there was an update for MiniSafe and loaded it.
Yes, I think my issue was I upgraded Desktop first. I looked for a setup.exe in the zip, which installed desktop. Didn't think about doing the mobile side first. All's good now, though.

Looks like everyone is pretty happy with the features of the new upgrade. Good job Simprit...
Old 09-16-2005, 10:31 AM   #13
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback.

We recommend you to backup your handheld data regularly. If possible, please do it before you install new software too. Note that MiniSafe's backed-up data is very secure. Encryption level of backed-up data is same as MiniSafe database.

dkmadrid,

I'm so sorry that happend to you. If you have latest backed-up data, you can restore MiniSafe database to your handheld. This is the only way that you can get your data back.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:30 AM   #14
Dusty Saddle

Model: 7250

Simprit,

The Mini-Safe update loaded fine but now, every time I reboot my desktop computer, it tells me that I have an update available and asks if I want to update it. Since I've already done that, how do I get rid of the update notice?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:42 AM   #15
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Default Update Issues

To everyone, I recommend the following:

Make sure you have backed up your data first ON YOUR DESKTOP too. Thus, but the BB Desktop manager to backup your handheld, but also make sure the Desktop of 1.3 is installed and you have synched and can find that file too.

I was not able to do the install without deleting 1.3 on my handheld. This may be why the new file message keeps popping up.

Simprit, please post upgrade instructions here and on the web site.

I think everyone is pleased with the product, it's just getting installed that is hard.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:33 PM   #16
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi all,

We tried to reproduce the problems you mentioned. Occassionally, we encountered "Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000011]". Normally, this problem can be fixed by restarting Desktop Manager.

We also encountered problem mentioned by Dusty Saddle: After the update, we were asked to update the software again when Desktop Manager is restarted.

I believe these problems are related to BlackBerry software installation. If someone has better experience in this area, please give your advice.

Dusty Saddle, I think the simple way to get rid of the problem is to reinstall the MiniSafe software. See the following instructions:
* Backup handheld data.
* Remove MiniSafe software from handheld.
* Install the latest MiniSafe software on handheld.
* Restore MiniSafe database (backed-up data) to your handheld.

You can also sync your data to desktop and sync it back to handheld after the re-installation. In this case, you may need to input your registration key first before you perform a sync.

Everyone can follow the above instructions to upgrade the software.

Upgrade of MiniSafe Desktop is simpler:
* Uninstall the MiniSafe Desktop first.
* Run the new setup.exe and follow the instructions. This will install the new MiniSafe Desktop on your PC.

Hope this helps. If anyone has better suggestion, please advise.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #17
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Default Will it work on the 8700C

See this review which suggests that it might not. Let us know what you know at this point please.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1880155,00.asp
Old 06-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #18
yn1415a

Model: 8700g
Default Unspecified Error Encountered while upgrade

Minisafe 1.3 was working fine with my old PC. Recently I switched to another newer PC with latest Desktop Manager and 8700 handheld software installed too. Whenever I hook up the handheld to Desktop Manager, it indicates that a Minisafe update (I believe it’s 1.5) is available to install. After click next to install, it reads the existing application but throws this error message:

Unable to complete the loading operation: a fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. please try it again. Unspecified error encountered (J:0x00000011)

I have tried to reopen Desktop Manager, no luck....

Desktop Manager Version: 4.1.0.8
Blackberry Handheld version: 4.1.0.194
Platform Version: 2.0.0.90
Available memory: 1146KB
Handheld: 8700 (Cingular)

Any advice will be much appreciated!
Old 06-18-2006, 02:18 PM   #19
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi,

You can try the following approach:

* Shut down BlackBerry Desktop Manager completely and disconnect your BlackBerry handheld from your desktop.
* Launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you are prompted to install the new software, follow the instructions to install the software.

If it does not work, you can try the following:

* Backup your handheld data.
* Remove MiniSafe software from the handheld.
* Install the latest MiniSafe software on the handheld.
* Restore MiniSafe database (backed-up data) to the handheld.

If you need further help, you can email to our support team - [email address]. We will be happy to look into it.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #20
roybeasley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-mobile

I just tried to load my eWallet.txt file into MiniSafe Desktop, but the import won't work, with the message:

Unexpected application error occurred: Record type [Password] not found.

In that passwords are the primary thing I keep in eWallet, this has kept me from being able to even start the trial of the product.
Closed Thread