Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #401
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasissux View Post
I was surfing around Crackberry.com forums and I came across a post that suggested just using loader.exe/resettofactory from the command line to remove the IT Policy and it worked like a charm.
Hmm, you had to go to Crackberry to find that. You could have found that in the first post of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Method 1: IT Policy Removal (Preferred)

If you have any 8xxx device the best method for removing IT policy is to update it to OS 4.3 or higher (if possible) and you can use JL_Cmder's "resettofactory" command to remove ALL IT policy, Firewall restrictions and Application Permission settings. After you've upgraded to OS 4.3 or higher, simply backup the device using Desktop Manager, close Desktop Manager, then run JL_Cmder and execute the "resettofactory" command. The device will do a security wipe of the device; (meaning wipe your data but leave the OS, DO NOT use the "Wipe" command in JL_Cmder) then reboot leaving the OS, 3rd party apps but no data AND, best of all, NO IT policy whatsoever. When you're done, simply restore your backup and you're good to go with no policy or locked firewall. You can downgrade back to the old OS if you desire, too.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #402
oasissux
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers/fido

I guess I should've been more clear: it would've been nice to know that jl_cmder isn't required to remove an IT policy. That all one needs to do is use the DOS prompt to navigate to:

c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader

and then run: loader.exe/resettofactory

A lot less hassle than Jl_cmder.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #403
maapp

Model: 88000
Carrier: att

will it take away that feature of having to enter password and it locking up. and you have to enter password to unlock it. I had a 8310 and switched to 8800. I don't like having to enter a password everytime to use my phone. Like the way my 8310 worked. I gave it away. Will be able to ungrade soon. Till then I want to get rid of this feature.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #404
oasissux
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: rogers/fido

Yes, if your 8800 has an IT policy, once you remove it, that feature will be disabled.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #405
cheekoo

Model: 8100
Carrier: vodafone

hello all,

I have an unlocked 8100 from TMobile, and it has some IT policy that does not allow me to access internet using custom service book n GPRS.
I tried this policy.bin method..did not work though..

pls can anyone help?
Old 07-05-2009, 07:42 AM   #406
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

First off, you shouldn't be using the policy.bin on an 8100. Remove the policy.bin from your computer by reversing the steps used to install it. Then upgrade the OS on the 8100 to 4.5 and use "Method 1" above.

Second, I have no idea what your talking about "custom service book in GPRS." Do you have a BB data plan?
Old 07-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #407
cheekoo

Quote:

First off, you shouldn't be using the policy.bin on an 8100. Remove the policy.bin from your computer by reversing the steps used to install it. Then upgrade the OS on the 8100 to 4.5 and use "Method 1" above.

Second, I have no idea what your talking about "custom service book in GPRS." Do you have a BB data plan?
Hi John, I had tried both the methods.
In the wipe method, as soon as i restore my backup, the IT policy comes back again. Any suggestions pls?
I am running stable os version 4.5.

custom service books using GPRS means i dont have data plan for blackberry, but i use the generic data plan from provider to access internet from my handheld.

Last edited by cheekoo; 07-05-2009 at 07:50 PM..
Old 07-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #408
John Clark
BBF Moderator

That's likely because you have the policy.bin on your computer. As I stated above, remove the policy.bin you installed using Method 2 from the computer by deleting it from the folder where its stored. If the policy.bin is left in place then ANY BB connected will get that policy applied.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #409
cheekoo

Quote:

That's likely because you have the policy.bin on your computer. As I stated above, remove the policy.bin you installed using Method 2 from the computer by deleting it from the folder where its stored. If the policy.bin is left in place then ANY BB connected will get that policy applied.
okay, thanks for your quick response. i will check that and report.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #410
cheekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekoo View Post
okay, thanks for your quick response. i will check that and report.
Hey John, thanku so much! it worked like a charm.. i guess i should not have mixed the two methods.. the bin method is mentioned at net at many places without the fact that it does not work with bb 8100.

thanks again
cheekoo
Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #411
B123

Carrier: T-Mobile

I have another type of issue with my blackberry 8900 and I need help. I had a 8310 curve that I bought off ebay and had to install the blank IT policy on. I just bought a new 8900 from T-Mobile; unistalled my desktop manager, policy.bin file, and all backup and restore files from my computer. I reinstalled the blackberry desktop manager using the disk that came with the new 8900, went to sync my contacts with MS Outlook and noticed, an IT policy was placed on my new device.

I searched my entire C:/ drive for anything resembling an IT policy and I can't find anything. I wiped the device again (device showed no sign of IT policy), unistalled DM then reinstalled and the same thing happen. What am I missing??? Please help
Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #412
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Delete the policy.bin file from your PC.

Backup your data.

Then I would download and install JL_Cmder and run the RestoreToFactory options. Once you've done that restore your data.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 07-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #413
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B123
I have another type of issue with my blackberry 8900 and I need help. I had a 8310 curve that I bought off ebay and had to install the blank IT policy on. I just bought a new 8900 from T-Mobile; unistalled my desktop manager, policy.bin file, and all backup and restore files from my computer. I reinstalled the blackberry desktop manager using the disk that came with the new 8900, went to sync my contacts with MS Outlook and noticed, an IT policy was placed on my new device.

I searched my entire C:/ drive for anything resembling an IT policy and I can't find anything. I wiped the device again (device showed no sign of IT policy), unistalled DM then reinstalled and the same thing happen. What am I missing??? Please help
I'm not sure why you used the policy.bin on an 8310....that being said do the reverse of the steps in method 2. Make sure you remove the registry entry.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #414
B123

The registry entry is probaby what it is. Thanks John.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #415
B123

Quote:
Originally Posted by B123 View Post
The registry entry is probaby what it is. Thanks John.
Thought that was it but when i went into regedit i saw that I had already deleted the folder created for the blank policy and emptied my recycle bin.

The 8310 I had was from ebay, it had an IT policy on it and the seller didn't know how to get it off. I couldn't wipe it so installed the blank. Now the blank is hiding somewhere on my pc and it's driving me nuts
Old 07-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #416
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

search the PC for *.bin and see if you find it.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #417
arbalet4ik
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Exclamation error 505...trying to uploas a new OS via AppLoader....fatal error can't connect to..

Hi everyone. It looks like nobody solved this problem clearly yet.
error 505...
i'm trying to upload a new OS via AppLoader and via BlackBerry Desktop Manager
Apploader is saying: "This version can not upload the OS....install a new version of AppLoader"
Desktop Manager is saying:fatal error can't connect to boot rom

What can it be? and what is the possible way to fix this troble?

Thanks for your respond!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:45 AM   #418
KM00

Model: 8310
Default Error running JL_CMDER

Been having issue removing IT policy from my BB till came across this article. Thought this is the last step to be executed (JL_CMDER) but unfortunately ran into problem. Getting this message when running the resettofactory option:

'JAVALOADER' is not recognized as internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

Help please...
Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #419
newuser01

Carrier: att
Thumbs up

Quote:
Method 1: IT Policy Removal (Preferred)

If you have any 8xxx device the best method for removing IT policy is to update it to OS 4.3 or higher (if possible) and you can use JL_Cmder's "resettofactory"[/URL] command to remove ALL IT policy, Firewall restrictions and Application Permission settings. After you've upgraded to OS 4.3 or higher, simply backup the device using Desktop Manager, close Desktop Manager, then run JL_Cmder and execute the "resettofactory" command. The device will do a security wipe of the device; (meaning wipe your data but leave the OS, DO NOT use the "Wipe" command in JL_Cmder) then reboot leaving the OS, 3rd party apps but no data AND, best of all, NO IT policy whatsoever. When you're done, simply restore your backup and you're good to go with no policy or locked firewall. You can downgrade back to the old OS if you desire, too.

If your 7xxx or 8xxx device is running OS 4.2 or lower (look in Options >About) and you can't upgrade it to OS 4.3 or higher you will NOT be able to use method 1 above and you will need to use method #2 below:
This worked so perfectly. Blackberry 8320 OS 4.5.0.81

Thank you all!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #420
felipehr78

Model: 7100i
Carrier: NEXTEL
Question Message 507

hey guys, i just try to wipe out a it policy and after that appears a message 507, i think its blank, how i can reload the os to the Blackberry?