Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Jhamika

Model: Torch
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Why is Blackberry is better than the iPhone

Please Login to Remove!

ive had this bb torch and its a piece of junk. it always freezes on me and the internet is super slow compared to the iphone.
Is there anything you guys can tell me that can change my thoughts on keeping this BB and not switching to apple? My cousins always rip on me saying "iphone is way better then BB" and what should i say to them as well?

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Why is Blackberry is better than the iPhone

Two different reasons to buy but guess who the carrier is for both if you want simultaneous voice and data use. My guess is your friends wont back off so switch. I would be interested in knowing the carrier your friends have.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

My opinion: There is nothing I can tell you.

You should decide, if you haven't already, what you need from a smartphone. Compare BlackBerry, iphone, android, and whatever it is Microsoft is calling their mobile OS, and figure out which one meets your top 3-5 must have features or capabilities.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 06-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

If web browsing is a high priority then the simple answer is that BlackBerrys are NOT better than the iPhone. Same thing with games. If professional grade communication and PIM ( Personal Information Management) are your top needs then BlackBerry has no equal.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhamika View Post
ive had this bb torch and its a piece of junk. it always freezes on me and the internet is super slow compared to the iphone.
Is there anything you guys can tell me that can change my thoughts on keeping this BB and not switching to apple? My cousins always rip on me saying "iphone is way better then BB" and what should i say to them as well?

Thanks.
All very good points above.

But, if you haven't installed the latest update, you're BB experience has been tainted by the glitchy OS that came with the device.

Plus, regular battery pulls every 2 days or so, will help immensely with memory management too.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
jmwking
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550

It's seems silly, but I happen to appreciate being able to carry a spare battery. They're tiny and convenient.

My brother is always looking for power to charge his iPhone. I just pop in my spare if I'm running low.

At the NCAA basketball tourney, a friend had to sweet talk her way onto press row for charge.

Now if apple makes it easier to be away from power when I lead the cub scout camping trip, I may jump.

-jk
Old 06-13-2011, 04:38 AM   #7
Thiego-uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: SGS2
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

IPhone = Fun Phone
Blackberry = Smartphone

Think about what made you choose the BB in first place and what are the reasons that make you wonder to change. Think if its really worth cause its very personal. I have a BB 9700 and my wife has a IPhone 3GS. She only uses her IPhone for games, receiving calls and Facebook, she never looked at my BB yet is very happy with her phone. About me, I hate Facebook, that should be enough to guess the rest.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
fourstringfuror
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Q10
Carrier: VZW

Let's cut him some slack; the Torch isn't exactly inspiring.

Torch 2, on the other hand . . .
Old 06-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #9
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Best or better is in the eye of the beholder. If you like the iPhone, go with it. If you like the BB, go with that.

No sense in arguing over why one is better than the other.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
madboy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Vodafone

blackberry is better than iphone....
Old 06-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
JBlue

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

Unless your main use is emails and need a keyboard. Blackberry is probably the best when comparing to the iPhone. This is probably more important in the corporate world but as a personal phone BB is just awful when compared to what is available today. RIM's incremental increases of the same design is what is hurting their sales and consumers just want more. Sure BBM is great that it is not enough these days.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:02 AM   #12
Bieradler

Model: 9650
Carrier: US Cellular

I have had two iPhones (1st gen & 3GS), an android, and now finally the Bold. I may be a newbie, but I can assure you that each has their strengths and weaknesses.

My experiences with iPhone were fantastic. Little to no glitches, simple syncing, user friendly, great screens (in their time), and fun to use. I have no complaints. In my humble opinion, the average user would be happy with these devices.

My experience with android was a complete opposite. I got absolute horrible battery life. Were my iPhone would last 3 days, my droid would last 5 hours under similar use. Apps constantly would crash. Widgets would fail to load. Navigation would not work on and off. Location apps such as Foursquare couldn't find me when I had full signal, then 30 mins later all of a sudden would work. Very quirky.

With my limited experience with BB, I have to say I'm very happy. Everything works the way it was designed to. No, it may not be as flashy as the droids, or as popular as an iOS device, but it simply works as intended. I get great battery life, apps work as they are supposed to, and let me tell you, after having a full touch-screen for the last four years, I don't miss it. Track pad is just fine.

I am a fan of Apple. I admit that. You can call me a fanboy but I am trying to be objective as I can. I absolutely hate Windows. But that is my own personal preference. I also don't mean to offend any Android supporters. I have lots of friends with androids who are very, very happy with them. My wife even just bought one despite her knowing what hell I went through with mine, and I told her to buy what she likes and she did, and I was completely for it. It simply just didn't work for me. I need a phone that I don't have to cross my fingers before I launch an app for it to work.

Bottom line, I've had all the majors except for Windows phone. Each will offer different things. Unless you've tried it, you won't know for sure unless you do. I am so glad to be rid of android. I was very pleased with my iPhone, and I'm currently enjoying my BB.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #13
Colonel Panic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

She doesn't think it's better

Woman says shexxx8217;ll give up virginity for iPhone 4
http://www.koreaherald.com/national/...20110622000581

Never heard about anyone doing this for a Blackberry
Old 06-29-2011, 03:57 AM   #14
Bieradler

Model: 9650
Carrier: US Cellular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Panic View Post
Never heard about anyone doing this for a Blackberry
People sell themselves for cigarets too. But I'd rather have a BB or iPhone before a pack of smokes.

But I get your point.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
headnut

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon wireless

BB is better of...
Old 06-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #16
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

What in the world does "BB is better of" mean?

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
DanielAPK

I agree what 'Thiego-uk' said. Blackberry is more a Smartphone.. but it depends on the level of its user. If the user know what you can do with it... Blackberry is always a better choice... I've been using window phone like Moto Q9, Iphone 3GS, Sony X10,BB9800, and at the end using BB9700 + Playbook. I still love blackberry more than other platform.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #18
applauz

Model: iPhon

No comparison.... BB is not even close to an iPhone. Users need to accept that iPhone is in a league of it's own.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #19
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by applauz View Post
No comparison.... BB is not even close to an iPhone. Users need to accept that iPhone is in a league of it's own.
You're drinking the Jones flavour Kool-Aid.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #20
Razmataz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: Vodafone

iPhone = Toy
Blackberry = Phone
Closed Thread