wjereb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T - BES

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfullmer View Post
I hate 2 things about my 9700, which I've had since 2/10.

First, I hate that the software designers make you go through so many steps to add people in Blackberry Messenger. Scanning barcodes is the neatest thing ever! Why not put a "Scan Barcode" and "Show Barcode" on the first menu in BBM? I've several times given up looking for it and just handed my phone to the other person.

Second, I think the trackpad is a definite downgrade from the trackball. It's not very precise and I constantly find myself spending several seconds longer to choose things because it passes over the icon I want. It also has an annoying way of moving out of the typing area in texts when my thumb is nowhere near the trackpad.

Give us the trackball back!!!!!!
Try adjusting your Trackpad sensitivity - Options->Screen/Keyboard

If RIM went back to a trackball I would have to consider the iPhone. Even now when I have to use my daughter's 8900 I hate using the trackball.

Bill J
If someone helps you, hit the Thanks button!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #82
appcaps

Model: 9700
Carrier: rogers

I hate the stupid sdcard slot design
Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #83
JG in SB

Carrier: AT&T

There is no "red number" keyboard available for it. These are so superior to the white number ones. But after 8+ months on the market, still no red number keyboard!!!! That sucks.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #84
adblink
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Telus

Wirelessly posted

Not having an easy way to turn off emails is a big one for me. When traveling to the states, I don't want to constantly receive emails but would like to keep data enabled for google maps and bbm. Would much prefer a built in flip the switch option.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #85
AZsteelman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfullmer
I hate 2 things about my 9700, which I've had since 2/10.

First, I hate that the software designers make you go through so many steps to add people in Blackberry Messenger. Scanning barcodes is the neatest thing ever! Why not put a "Scan Barcode" and "Show Barcode" on the first menu in BBM? I've several times given up looking for it and just handed my phone to the other person.

Second, I think the trackpad is a definite downgrade from the trackball. It's not very precise and I constantly find myself spending several seconds longer to choose things because it passes over the icon I want. It also has an annoying way of moving out of the typing area in texts when my thumb is nowhere near the trackpad.

Give us the trackball back!!!!!!
Yikes - the thought of having to go back to a track ball after the pad is horrifying! Just get used to it and its awesome!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #86
wu-wei

PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by appcaps View Post
I hate the stupid sdcard slot design
I had an 8800 and an 8820 before my 9700. Trust me, relative to those models, the 9700's microSD card slot is infinitely more accessible.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #87
HiGhbOi

Carrier: Singtel
Default email

hey ppl just got my bb 9700 for 1 week... i hate the email part about deleting emails... I will receive both same emails on my phone and on hotmail for eg.. but when I del email in hotmail browser.. the mails still remain in my phone.. which means I have to del it one more time.. is there anyway that I do not need to do double job?
Old 07-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #88
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
I hate that Sprint doesn't have it.
Actually, they do now! This week's Best Buy ad shows that the 9650 Bold is NOW AVAILABLE on Sprint!

Looks like the Big Red V will be the last major carrier to get the 2nd generation Bold.

My only (very minor) complaints so far:
  1. I don't like some of the changes in OS 5.0, especially the way SMS messages are threaded together like a chat conversation. Makes it too hard to find one particular text message from a month or 2 back if I need to refer back to it. And there's no option to disable that feature altogether. Grrr...
  2. Also taking me awhile to get used to the new way the key lock works. It freaks me out when I take my BlackBerry out of the holster and the keys are unlocked. Just not used to it after a year-and-a-half with the 8900.
  3. I don't like that the MicroSDHC card slot is inside the battery compartment. They should have left that slot on the outside, as with the 9000 Bold. Then I wouldn't have to remove my Otter Box Defender case if I want to upgrade to a larger MicroSD card.
  4. The battery door can be a pain at times, as it doesn't always go back on correctly, leaving one side not closed all the way.
Other than those minor things, this is the best BlackBerry I've ever had! It's SOOO nice finally having true 3G data, and with it the ability to talk and use the web at the same time!

Now RIM just needs to make a few more tweaks to the OS and get T-Mobile to release more updates to the OS, and then I'll be good.

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Old 07-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #89
cmc5672

Carrier: Att
Default battery

i ruined my battery, got it wet...

anyone know the best way to get a new one?? blackberry bold 9700
Old 07-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #90
Yippee38
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

I hate the way you have to set the alarm. If you change the time of the alarm, you have to scroll past the AM/PM setting to turn the alarm on. When you do that, if you aren't very careful, you can switch it from AM to PM or vice versa without realizing it. The AM/PM selection should either be to the left of the time, so you don't have to cross it to turn on the alarm, or the user should have to click on it before changing that setting.

As always, the lock functions on the 9700 suck.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #91
Kratrz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc5672 View Post
i ruined my battery, got it wet...

anyone know the best way to get a new one?? blackberry bold 9700
go to any phone store, they often have extra batteries for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
I hate the way you have to set the alarm. If you change the time of the alarm, you have to scroll past the AM/PM setting to turn the alarm on. When you do that, if you aren't very careful, you can switch it from AM to PM or vice versa without realizing it. The AM/PM selection should either be to the left of the time, so you don't have to cross it to turn on the alarm, or the user should have to click on it before changing that setting.

As always, the lock functions on the 9700 suck.
agreed! the lock functions. i'm still on a way old OS cause i want to keep the older ways of locking
Old 07-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #92
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

I hate that the 9700 does knot suffer from death grip like an iPhone 4, but Steve Jobs says it does to take off the heat off of a faulty design that he can knot admit to.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #93
felix1522
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: NUMBER.
Carrier: TELUS
Default Uma

I hate that I'm with Telus and there's no UMA support.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #94
pda luvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo

Using a tmobile 9700, on my 4th replacement since Feb due to dropped calls, 3G dropping to GPRS, random reboots.

Depending on how I hold the phone, it gives a loud feedback noise. Makes me think of the new iphone issue. Maybe the mic is too close to the speaker or something else related to the internal design (i cover mine with a rubber oem skin).

I think RIM made one of their most feature-rich but worst bb's w/ the 9700 because of dropped 3G, dropped calls, frequent inability to make a call when on 3G... this phone has really been ticking me off lately.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:19 AM   #95
jawad_777

Carrier: MTC Touch

i hate that this phone do not read PDF files, and BB maps don't work, and google maps dont work, windows live messenger don't work. comparing to nokia N72, nokia n72 have all applications,google maps, pdf reader, WLM working, all apps works fine.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #96
pda luvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo

I hate that tmo cust retention is telling me that after doing several device swaps, the 9700 has "known issues" and would I want another phone instead. I also hate that the replacement units keyboard feels old and worn out...
Old 07-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #97
ViperGal

Carrier: att

constant java script errors that cause txt or voicemails to jam things up

having to remove the battery to reboot the device

the limited memory for apps and running out of space

screen is smaller than it was a year ago - sorry an age joke but do have to toggle between seeing enough on screen and having text large enough to read - okay for email but getting tougher for true browsing and search

can be slow..
Old 07-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #98
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawad_777 View Post
i hate that this phone do not read PDF files, and BB maps don't work, and google maps dont work, windows live messenger don't work. comparing to nokia N72, nokia n72 have all applications,google maps, pdf reader, WLM working, all apps works fine.
There are 3rd party apps availible to help you with PDF files...how are the other apps that you list not working for you?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 PM   #99
brucewayne
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 243FE18A
Carrier: Rogers

Hate the web browser (I know hearing it gets old), I hate the limited App selection and the fact that the Apps are 5-10X the price that the sames cost on other platforms.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #100
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Exclamation Re: What do you HATE about the 9700?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pda luvr View Post
Using a tmobile 9700, on my 4th replacement since Feb due to dropped calls, 3G dropping to GPRS, random reboots.

Depending on how I hold the phone, it gives a loud feedback noise. Makes me think of the new iphone issue. Maybe the mic is too close to the speaker or something else related to the internal design (i cover mine with a rubber oem skin).

I think RIM made one of their most feature-rich but worst bb's w/ the 9700 because of dropped 3G, dropped calls, frequent inability to make a call when on 3G... this phone has really been ticking me off lately.
Hmmm... here I just blamed those problems on T-Mobile's network! The calls drop in the store I work in, which has lousy service which T-Mobile has NO plans to improve, and at certain points on my drive home from work. Same places all the time, so I just chalked it up to dead zones. Hmmm...

Also, I hate T-Mobile's lack of support in regards to releasing the OS updates from RIM. We get 1 or 2 updates, then T-Mobile forgets about us! If we don't get an official release of 6.0 for the 9700 from them, I'll try the version for the 9780 and see if it works on the 9700!

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Closed Thread