Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
lb86
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Pros & Cons of BB Storm

Please Login to Remove!

So I'm considering getting a BB Storm and unlocking and have been reading some of the threads here concerning the Storm. Seems to have a lot of kinks in it but then again so does any other phone. I was wondering if those who have it could give a little input as to whether they are satisfied with the unlocked BB Storm (for T-Mobile) and whether or not they recommend buying one.

Also, if you doooo recommend it, where is a good place to get it for cheap?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
zkyevolved
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 25707D3B
Carrier: Vodafone

1) I love the phone. it has the MOST GORGEOUS display I've ever seen. I can also confirm that the typing on it is better than on the iphone. It's a great system to type on. It's comfortable, fast and very reliant on getting suretype words out. Typing in landscape mode is more difficult as the buttons are a lot smaller. I never use landscape except to input passwords. It's fast, decent battery life, and did I mention completely gorgeous? Yes it does have it's cons, like can't type SUPER fast, and it has it's kinks as you say, but it's a brand new device, completely new OS and a new concept. All faults look like they're being corrected in OS upgrades. It's been out for 2 months and it's already an awesome phone.
2) ebay! I got mine from a guy who had a store and was selling them with receipts and copies of IMEIs so it's a REAL sale. I don't know how it is where you live, but companies refuse to repair your cell if you don't have a sales receipt with a copy of the IMEI printed on it.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
theduskes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 22b385ea
Carrier: Telus

Don't be a fool...get a Bold.
this phone sucks.....I am a mass emailer and caller.....if you want a toy get it...if you want a phone....... a phone with substance...a phone that works for you and not vice versa ..stay away....
All i want now is the phne to be unlocked so I can possibly use it for my travels instesd of my pearl that i also have....
Old 01-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
theduskes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 22b385ea
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
1) I love the phone. it has the MOST GORGEOUS display I've ever seen. I can also confirm that the typing on it is better than on the iphone. It's a great system to type on. It's comfortable, fast and very reliant on getting suretype words out. Typing in landscape mode is more difficult as the buttons are a lot smaller. I never use landscape except to input passwords. It's fast, decent battery life, and did I mention completely gorgeous? Yes it does have it's cons, like can't type SUPER fast, and it has it's kinks as you say, but it's a brand new device, completely new OS and a new concept. All faults look like they're being corrected in OS upgrades. It's been out for 2 months and it's already an awesome phone.
2) ebay! I got mine from a guy who had a store and was selling them with receipts and copies of IMEIs so it's a REAL sale. I don't know how it is where you live, but companies refuse to repair your cell if you don't have a sales receipt with a copy of the IMEI printed on it.
or buy the phone if you wish to gone on a date with it.... and perhaps marry it.

LOL...
Old 01-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
PHLAK
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I think the Storm is a great phone. Yes, it has bugs, but they're all software related and like zkyevolved said, they're working these out. There's been one official Verizon update and it's solved a majority of the bugs that you can't live with, and another update is supposedly due out in the next couple of weeks.

I highly recommend this phone!

My BlackBerry Storm Wallpapers
Old 01-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
I8UB4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduskes View Post
Don't be a fool...get a Bold.
this phone sucks.....I am a mass emailer and caller.....if you want a toy get it...if you want a phone....... a phone with substance...a phone that works for you and not vice versa ..stay away....
All i want now is the phne to be unlocked so I can possibly use it for my travels instesd of my pearl that i also have....
Actually, the Bold has a lot of issues too. Since you are on T-Mobile, wait until February 11th and get the new Curve (8900). It's like the Bold, but not as huge (it's a streamlined size of the 8320 curve). The only negative is that it doesn't have 3G, but then AT&T's 3G network blows anyway.

I, personally, like the Storm. With Verizon's 3g network it is very fast. If I were to go back to T-Mobile, though, I would probably use the 8900, since the Storm would be on GSM only and not have WiFi.

The Storm has a bit of a learning curve, but once you get used to it, it really rocks IMHO.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
lb86

Model: 8320

And do you all guys/gals have T-Mobile as a provider? Because I briefly spoke with a T-Mobile associate and they said its not possible to use a BB Storm for T-Mobile because the Storm doesn't have a SIM card slot...
Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
berry_blue

Model: 9530
PIN: 304B4EE2
Carrier: Verizon

lb86

The Storm DOES have a SIM card slot. I'm not sure if you're gonna have to unlock the phone in order to use it on their network or not. I'll find a T-mobile Blackberry user and give it a go.

Good Luck
Old 01-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #9
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

They use the Storm on ATT, and I'm pretty sure Tmob also. Verizon will (sometimes) unlock the phone if you tell 'em you're going overseas but you have to unlock it to use in on GSM for sure. Where I am the Storm isn't that fast for browsing, nowhere near as fast as WiFi. It's about the same as my EDGE 8100 on tmob. That's one reason I didn't get one. It does have a nice big display, very much like the iPhone (I like the iPhone's browser better though).

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 01-07-2009 at 06:47 PM..
Closed Thread