Old 01-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
calvinb

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default accessing multiple accounts from blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I am a pc consultant and i have a client who accesses an exchange account from her work computer using outlook (and I do believe they are running a blackberry exchange server at her work). She also runs outlook on her home computer where she accesses her Comcast.net email address (POP) and where she stores all her personal contacts and calendar. she has a new blackberry curve (ATT is her carrier) and wants to access her work email/contacts/calendar, and her home email/contacts/calendar (yes, she wants it all….), all from her blackberry. is this possible? I have setup blackberrys to access personal POP email (using blackberry internet service), I have also setup blackberry’s to synch with outlook contacts and calendars via a usb cable. And I have setup blackberry’s to connect to exchange accounts via blackberry enterprise server (BES) to download email/contacts/calendar wirelessly. But I have never set all this up on a single blackberry. knowing how sophisticated blackberry’s are, I suspect it can be done. has anyone tried this? any guide on how to do this? any gotchas? Thanks.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

She can sync up to 10 email accounts, but only one calendar and address book.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
calvinb

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

hi doug,

thanks, this is helpful.

i want to be able to sych the blackberry with contacts and calendar items that are part of my personal email profile under outlook using USB. but i will be accessing both a POP and Exchange/BES server account from the blackberry. given that, what options do i want to select during the installation of the blackberry desktop software on my windows xp software? i think i want to select the option 'Blackberry enterprise server or Blackberry desktop redirector' under integration options, then select the option 'Microsft exchange' , then select the option 'redirect messages using the blackberry enterprise server,' please confirm if this sounds correct. my client does use an exchange/BES server at work.

thanks.
Closed Thread