Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
Ashinobio

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel
Default 7520 Email Won't Sync

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,
I've been having a very annoying problem with my 7520 pretty much since I first got it. First of all, I'm not on a company server or anything like that, so my blackberry is only synced up(allegedly) with my personal email account.

Problem:When I first got my blackberry, I synced it up with my road runner email account, and it worked for some time, but eventually it stopped communicating with the account despite numerous attempts to send the service book, reset the phone, wipe the phone, etc. This went on for months, and by the end of it, my blackberry wasn't receiving any email at all, even ones sent directly to my nextel email address. A few weeks ago, a button on my phone fell off, and I had to get a replacement 7520. After I changed the pin and imei over to the new phone and after a couple of hours on the phone with sprint, my blackberry email worked again, but it still isn't syncing up with any email accounts including and aol one and the previous road runner pop account. Sprint doesn't know what to tell me, and meanwhile my business partner has the same model blackberry and has synced his up with many email accounts.

I don't know what to do, if anyone has any suggestions, please help! One more thing, my nextel email address consists of my initials with periods after each (E.g.. "X.X.@nextel.blackberry.net) maybe that has something to do with it?
Old 04-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
Fkewl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Bell

Remove and recreate your accounts on your BIS side

That might do it

Make sure you do not have any "filters" set up that could interfere with email delivery (like the "if no filters apply ..." setting)

With sufficient thrust, Blackberrys can fly
Old 04-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

call nextel and have then refresh your account
Old 04-07-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
Ashinobio

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkewl
Remove and recreate your accounts on your BIS side

That might do it

Make sure you do not have any "filters" set up that could interfere with email delivery (like the "if no filters apply ..." setting)

Thanks for the suggestion, and I feel quite ashamed for asking, but BIS stands for...? I'm also going to check my filters in the web client.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #5
Fkewl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Bell

BIS = blackberry internet service
BWC = blackberry web client

same same

With sufficient thrust, Blackberrys can fly
Closed Thread