Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
markwoods1

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Question 7290 network connection problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everybody. I just joined the group yesterday and will readily admit to being a complete idiot about BlackBerries. I purchased a 7290 from what appears to be a reputable ebay company, and it has a complete guarantee to be 100% functional. Phone looks brand new, came with 2 batteries and some other accessories. The problem is that when I make or receive a call, the call connects and sounds great for 20 seconds or so, then fails. The phone then attempts to locate the network until it times out and disables the phone function. The rest of the unit works flawlessly. At the recommendation of the seller, I downloaded and installed the latest ATT software 4.1 for the unit, but this did not resolve the issue. If this is a stupid that I am doing, I would rather hear about it here then to send the unit back for replacement. Any suggestions? I really appreciate the response I have already had on this community. You guys are great!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Welcome to the forums.

When you say it 'Disables the phone function', what do you mean by that? Does the call just hang up on you?

Check to see if there is an IT Policy (meaning the device was once connected to a company BlackBerry server). Click on Options icon, then Security Options, then General Settings. Scroll all the way down Services. What do you see?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
markwoods1

Default General settings

Under General settings, password is disabled, security timeout 2 min, lock upon holstering no, content protection disabled, content compression enabled. I do not see a services. Yes the phone call fails and will not reconnect. The display indicates that the phone is searching for a network then just has an off beside the antenna icon on the display. Thanks for quick response!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Did you call AT&T? Maybe they can send you a new SIM card. Or is this an SIM card that you already had that worked fine in another device?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
markwoods1

Default More

The sim card is my original and works fine in any other phone. I reinstalled the sim to mess around with it a few minutes ago. Turned the wireless signal back on and it worked for a few minutes, but now even without making a call the network dropped out and phone will not make a call.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #6
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Sorry to say, but it sounds like the device is defective.....

Someone else may chime in with another suggestion.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #7
markwoods1

Default Thanks

That has been my opinion, but as I said I am a newbie at this and am not sure I know what I am doing. I am a tech analyst on computers, but a complete idiot on Blackberries. I appreciate your opinion!
Closed Thread