leftie12

Model: 8330m
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular
Default Garmin

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmith3530 View Post
A simple solution has been floating around over in the US Cellular section of Howard Forums. People have found that this issue can be fixed by installing the Garmin Maps Trial software. You must run the application at least once after installation. After that, you can uninstall and the fix remains.
I tried the Garmin fix and it did not work. Garmin version is now 5.0.6. This is different than everyone else said they downloaded, which was 5.4?
Old 12-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #82
sbg200

Model: 9200
Carrier: sasktel

Looking to buy a SaskTel 9530 soon, and I've had a look at the pdf that starts this thread. Does anyone know if a new firmware version is out for the 9530's, and if so will the fix for 3.0 work? How possible is it to "brick" a phone by doing this?
Old 01-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #83
Ninjamac

Model: 8830
Carrier: MTS Mobility
Default Mts Gps Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseApe View Post
I've posted this before

Attachment 15986

If your on MTS or SaskTel Try out the Bell and Telus Settings and you will be good to go.

VZW users this will not work for anything other than BB maps.
The Bell settings that you posted work for MTS, use "Mobile" for position calculation. It can take several minutes to get a "lock" on satellites, so be patient. I also did a battery pull, but don't know if that helped or not...

Thanks Hearlesshero and HouseApe for posting the instructions to fix this.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #84
arminkropp

Model: 8330
Carrier: MTS

Well I tried this on my MTS phone and I'm not having any luck. The PDE number keeps reverting to the original no matter how many times I try changing it. Any ideas?

UPDATE: PDE only seems to revert if I try using Bell settings, Once I try Telus settings, everything works great..... so far!

Last edited by arminkropp; 02-16-2010 at 10:12 PM..
Old 03-06-2010, 02:25 AM   #85
thachvx

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon
Default 8830 Verizon - Sprint

I'm not success on 8830 Verizon and Sprint. Help me!
How to config?
ah, how to crack winhex? step by step...?
Thanks for all!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #86
BossMafia

Model: 8832
Carrier: Verizon

Added in the PDE settings, however programs like Google Maps still only use the cell tower triangulation, is that all we can get?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #87
brahm

Model: Tour
Carrier: SaskTel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahm View Post
I want to add to the discussion; I am a new BlackBerry Tour 9630 owner on SaskTel, and the GPS was crippled when I bought the unit.

I tried the Garmin GPS fix and it works!

Read about the trial here: hxxp://www8.garmin.com/mobile/blackberry/trial.jsp
Or visit this page on your BB: hxxp://getmobile.garmin.com/trial
(change the hxxp to http)

So far, just BB Maps works with GPS; Google Maps still can't find a satellite. But I only had the chance to test in an area with spotty reception.
Hey all, just wanted to follow up on this post. My GPS stopped working shortly after the Garmin trick - no idea why.

I followed the instructions in HouseApe's PDF file to a T. Everything seemed to work. I used Bell's network options during the setup for my SaskTel phone.

After my phone rebooted on the last step, the connection to my mobile network was disabled - that made me nervous! I turned it back on under "Manage Connections" without issue.

Next: the GPS test. Failed! But, I went back and repeated the process with the Telus info. That worked perfectly! I can connect to 10+ satellites in my basement (by a window) and BBmaps can pinpoint my location. The Google Maps app doesn't work, though.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #88
w.mshati

Carrier: Metro Pcs

Dear HouseApe, thanks for taking the time and posting this here sicne tons of ppl are having the same problem.
I have the Metro Pcs curve, and I followed the guide with all the software and ports (I do computer repairs and networking), there was no problem with the whole process, wrote data on phone, the phone restarted, but the problem is still there, tried google maps, blackberry maps and amAze GPS, all say no gps or no sattelite.
what do you think?
on another note, since we were able to get into the programming, is there anyway where we can fix the tethering problem? I know metro didn't block it, if the phone can do it then it can be done. I had a Samsung Code from metro, with windows mobile, and i unlocked the interet sharing icon (there was a software patch where you unlock the registry files, the software, and then show the internet sharing icon) and after connecting ur phone to ur computer u click on that icon then hit connect and ur in.
Now i tried my blackberry, it connects, but there are some wrong setting, the troubleshooting is saying device didnt accept the connectiong.

I appreciate your help
Old 06-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #89
tony.wanyne

Carrier: Bell

Thanks!

mark. and study.

I'm from china using 8330,Bell.with gps's not working..
Closed Thread