Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
mrs_snuggles

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Question Keyboard and trackball issues with the Curve

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I'm a new member, i hope i'm following all the rules.....

I have some issues with the keyboard of my new BlackBerry Curve. The letter L is very different to type than the other letters. I don't feel it klicking when pressing down and in the beginning it would always type 2 Ls. The same goes for everbody I gave the phone too to try it out.
There is also no klicking sound for the delete key, the return key, the loudspeaker/$ key and the right lower shift key.
Now it's not the sound of the klicking I'm worried about, but when I press any of these keys, I'm never sure if I actually pressed down all the way or not. It' really very irritating.

Also, part of the keyboard is very loose. The keys on the sides (Q, A, alt and P, delete and return) are all firm, but all the letter inbetween (in other words, most part of the keyboard, starting with W, E, R....) is very loose.

Do any of you have the same issue? I still have my 8800 and didn't have any issues with that whatsoever.

The trackball of the Curve is also not up to par. When I press it, it's the same issue than with the letter L. You never really know if you really pressed it or not. With my 8800, I can clearly feel the klick when pressing down.

English is not my native language, so I hope I could express myself clearly.

Tomorrow is the last day that I can have my Curve exchanged (30 days), so I'm wondering if I should go to the AT&T store or not. I don't want to be a nerd or anything, but I only buy a new phone every few years and I want my equipment to be working perfectly, I don't want to be stuck with a crappy phone.

Thanks for all your answers in advance!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_snuggles View Post
Hi,

I'm a new member, i hope i'm following all the rules.....

I have some issues with the keyboard of my new BlackBerry Curve. The letter L is very different to type than the other letters. I don't feel it klicking when pressing down and in the beginning it would always type 2 Ls. The same goes for everbody I gave the phone too to try it out.
There is also no klicking sound for the delete key, the return key, the loudspeaker/$ key and the right lower shift key.
Now it's not the sound of the klicking I'm worried about, but when I press any of these keys, I'm never sure if I actually pressed down all the way or not. It' really very irritating.

Also, part of the keyboard is very loose. The keys on the sides (Q, A, alt and P, delete and return) are all firm, but all the letter inbetween (in other words, most part of the keyboard, starting with W, E, R....) is very loose.

Do any of you have the same issue? I still have my 8800 and didn't have any issues with that whatsoever.

The trackball of the Curve is also not up to par. When I press it, it's the same issue than with the letter L. You never really know if you really pressed it or not. With my 8800, I can clearly feel the klick when pressing down.

English is not my native language, so I hope I could express myself clearly.

Tomorrow is the last day that I can have my Curve exchanged (30 days), so I'm wondering if I should go to the AT&T store or not. I don't want to be a nerd or anything, but I only buy a new phone every few years and I want my equipment to be working perfectly, I don't want to be stuck with a crappy phone.

Thanks for all your answers in advance!

I do not have any of these problems with my 8300, all keys work equally well.

I did not have another trackball device to compare the trackball to but it works great for me.

I would swap it out with another- once the 30 days is up you are out of luck- do it while you can!

Good Luck
Old 06-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
CableGuy711
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

<flame suit>

Question - how is it your 30days are up, when its only been out for 12days now from AT&T?

You say you only buy a new phone every few years? But 2 lines previous you mention you have an 8800?

</flame suit>
Old 06-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
mrs_snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableGuy711 View Post
<flame suit>

Question - how is it your 30days are up, when its only been out for 12days now from AT&T?
I didn't explain it more in detail because it's not relevant. I bought the 8800 29 days ago and then got the Curve after that. I wanted to have the Curve right from the beginning but when I asked in the Cingular store about it back then, nobody has even heard about the Curve yet (so much for keeping employees informed and up to date).

Now I need to decide which one I'll keep. So it comes out to the same thing: tomorrow is the last day for me to decide if I'm keeping the Curve, have the Curve exchanged for another one or keep the 8800 and return the Curve.
Makes sense now?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
CableGuy711
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Exchange it.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
mrs_snuggles

thanks.... i'll have it exchanged tomorrow
Old 06-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #7
Wolf6can
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

No issues here maybe you just received a defective one. I would go back to the store and get a new one and try the keyboard out before you leave the store
Old 06-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
Wolf6can
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

No issues here maybe you just received a defective one. I would go back to the store and get a new one and try the keyboard out before you leave the store
Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #9
Drock

Carrier: ATT

Definitely Exchange it, but you have a new set of 30 days after you made the first exchange.

When you got the curve in exchange for the 8800, it is considered a new purchase. So you still have time. Might as well get it done right away though
Old 06-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #10
mrs_snuggles

Problem solved.

I went to a AT&T store this morning and exchanged it for a new Curve. I tried the keyboard in the store before I left ...worked perfectly.

So the first Curve I received actually had a keyboard defect.

Thanks for all your advice!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #11
CrashPush
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2404E72F
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_snuggles View Post
Problem solved.

I went to a AT&T store this morning and exchanged it for a new Curve. I tried the keyboard in the store before I left ...worked perfectly.

So the first Curve I received actually had a keyboard defect.

Thanks for all your advice!
Very nice. Now you can really enjoy it.