BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
pctower

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default 8800 freezing with eOffice Pro

Please Login to Remove!

I've got the latest edition of eOffice Pro on my 8800. When I try to access my internal data card from eFile or attempt to save a file to the internal card from eWord, the 8800 freezes.

Anyone else having this problem?
Old 04-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Accessing the card seems to make it hang for a short bit. Mine does com back though. This version of eOffice seems very buggie. I do like the new look though. Be glad when it gets sorted out. Been waiting for the ability to save to directly the card rather than their servers.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:06 AM   #3
akgrown
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

Dynoplex let me try a beta version of the new eOffice software on my 8800...once I got it installed there was an dynoplex_(something) icon that appeared in my apps list whenever I clicked Alt+Esc to tab through my open applications. If I selected that dynoplex app, it would freeze my BB every single time. Sent a PM to sergeyd, I believe it was, about the bug and never heard back. After about an hour I uninstalled it.

Hopefully they'll get the bugs worked out in this new version as I feel it would be highly useful once stable.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
pctower

Default Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgrown
Dynoplex let me try a beta version of the new eOffice software on my 8800...once I got it installed there was an dynoplex_(something) icon that appeared in my apps list whenever I clicked Alt+Esc to tab through my open applications. If I selected that dynoplex app, it would freeze my BB every single time. Sent a PM to sergeyd, I believe it was, about the bug and never heard back. After about an hour I uninstalled it.

Hopefully they'll get the bugs worked out in this new version as I feel it would be highly useful once stable.
I hope they do get the bugs out, as I forgot to try saving to the media card before I bought it. Dynoplex did respond to my weekend e-mail first thing this morning, so we'll see if they follow through.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: do not use

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctower
I hope they do get the bugs out, as I forgot to try saving to the media card before I bought it. Dynoplex did respond to my weekend e-mail first thing this morning, so we'll see if they follow through.
Guys,
Our developers are working on this problem. There is a workaround here.
When any eOffice application starts, API RIM application runs a window to get permission to access internal card. This window should be proceeded as shown below.

If one cancels or denies the application will resume functioning but each attempt to access internal card will hang the app up.

Access is set up once and kept for all further starts of the application. To reset access settings go BlackBerry Options/Security Options/Firewall, click trackball and select “Reset Settings”. Then, run eOffice application again and check in ALL FILE CONNECTION and ALLOW THIS CONNECTION.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bbscreen.png
Views:	10
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	7852  
Old 04-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
pctower

Thanks for your rapid response. That works. However, once I got to the Firewall screen I had to click the Menu key to get to the menu with "Reset Settings". Clicking the trackball wouldn't bring up the menu for me.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:37 PM   #7
sergeyd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

akgrown, sorry, I missed your PM. This icon is a background application without UI, so when you select it, the UI is frozen. But if you do Alt+Esc again, you will be able to move to another application. The icon cannot be hidden, it is the OS function, unfortunately.

See any other issues, let us know!
BlackBerry Handhelds
Closed Thread