Kardall
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

To convert the itunes videos, I tried Super and it did not work for me.
Tunebite files would stick and skip, as well as not allow me to use any other apps. If I minimize the video while recording, it would not work because the video needed to be captured by the program.

Finally, I discovered "Alive Video Converter".The sownloads looked virtually perfect, were done relatively quickly and I was able to mimimize the program while working on other projects.

There may be better products but I haven't found them yet
I think the problem with iTunes purchased videos, is the DRM that is in it. I don't think that Super can read DRM properly. It is encoded so... Perhaps this other one does. *shrug* that would be my guesstimation anyway :D
Old 07-31-2007, 05:21 PM   #142
Kardall

Default Google Video Downloader

Ok so... there is a program called:

Code:
YouTube and Google Video downloader-Tek-One
or VDownloader...

I have it, and I can email it to GMail for those interested (or you can find it on BitTorrent sites as well). It is used in ripping videos (download and encode as AVI) from YouTube (I can't get google ones to work for some reason) and other various sites.

Preferences:

Those are the settings that I used, when riping the videos from YouTube.

From there, I got them to go straight onto the Blackberry with the Media Manager. NO QUALMS! :D :D

EDIT 1: Previous Pic was an older version now there's 0.5
EDIT 2: I have noticed that it will not do videos that are not "Public Domain". Which is a lot of YouTube Content... :(

Last edited by Kardall; 07-31-2007 at 06:46 PM..
Old 08-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #143
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The torrents provided great quality but hog the resources of the machine and you are also reliant on other users to be on to donload with you

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:10 AM   #144
Kardall

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post

The torrents provided great quality but hog the resources of the machine and you are also reliant on other users to be on to donload with you
Yes, but there are some good sites, if you can get in. Demonoid.com is a fine resource. Maybe not the best, but they open registrations every friday usually.

And if you don't like Torrents or cannot use, here's a link to the software:
Download VDownloader 0.51 - VDownloader will download Google, Youtube and Grinvi videos on your computer in avi or mpeg format - Softpedia

Last edited by Kardall; 08-02-2007 at 01:29 PM..
Old 08-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #145
Brentk1

Carrier: Sprint

Do I have to use Media Manager/Roxio to finish this process? Is there any alternative?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:35 PM   #146
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardall View Post
Yes, but there are some good sites, if you can get in. Demonoid.com is a fine resource. Maybe not the best, but they open registrations every friday usually.

And if you don't like Torrents or cannot use, here's a link to the software:
Download VDownloader 0.51 - VDownloader will download Google, Youtube and Grinvi videos on your computer in avi or mpeg format - Softpedia
It seems like a good source for google videos. Thank you
Old 08-24-2007, 05:19 PM   #147
Kardall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentk1 View Post
Do I have to use Media Manager/Roxio to finish this process? Is there any alternative?
I have found that trying to convert your videos with the right settings, is more of a hassle than installing the software that COMES with the device. If you have installed the blackberry desktop software, then you already have the media manager installed.

Why not use that which they recommend using? If it's a "I hate Roxio" topic, I suggest you rethink your ... thoughts... Yes, Roxio is a pain in the anus, they have had problems in the past, and I hate their burning software.

However, the media manager isn't that bad, and you can turn off the "search for media" if you want (Media Watcher I think it's called).

Why cause yourself more headaches than you need? I mean, you could potentially put any video you want into it, and it will convert it and you KNOW it's going to work if it does it itself... since it is what RIM has distributed themselves, and know it to work.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:19 PM   #148
six attack

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestonmcafee View Post
OK, I have this working. I downloaded the program listed above, Super@,

SUPER © .

Settings that work reliably for me, no stuttering:
1. MP4
2. DIVX
3. AAC
Use Directshow NOT checked

Video 320X240,
Aspect 4:3
Frames/Sec 15
Bitrate: 528
Options: H Quality

Audio: 44100
Channels: 2
Bitrate: 64
DVD language: Default

Thanks! I used these parameters to change a wmv file to mp4 and watched it on my 8830 (Verizon).
Old 08-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #149
JinFocker
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530

does anyone know what the aspect ratio should be for a widescreen movie on a 8800?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #150
jerlasvegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardall View Post
I have found that trying to convert your videos with the right settings, is more of a hassle than installing the software that COMES with the device. If you have installed the blackberry desktop software, then you already have the media manager installed.

Why not use that which they recommend using? If it's a "I hate Roxio" topic, I suggest you rethink your ... thoughts... Yes, Roxio is a pain in the anus, they have had problems in the past, and I hate their burning software.

However, the media manager isn't that bad, and you can turn off the "search for media" if you want (Media Watcher I think it's called).

Why cause yourself more headaches than you need? I mean, you could potentially put any video you want into it, and it will convert it and you KNOW it's going to work if it does it itself... since it is what RIM has distributed themselves, and know it to work.

When I try to use the Media Manager (Roxio) that came with my device, i get "The following files could not be transferred" No other error. I would use it if I could, but it doesn't work and apparently I am the only person with that problem. Or am I ?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #151
jerlasvegas

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestonmcafee View Post
OK, I have this working. I downloaded the program listed above, Super@,

SUPER © .

Settings that work reliably for me, no stuttering:
1. MP4
2. DIVX
3. AAC

Video 320X240,
Frames/Sec 15
Bitrate: 528

I tried this and got about 2 seconds of playback then ERROR. I am using Super 2007.build.23 :(
Old 08-28-2007, 10:48 PM   #152
jerlasvegas

Like I said before, I have a newer Sprint 8830 and none of these settings have worked. These however kind of work:

1. 3gp (Sony Ericsson)
2. MPEG-4
3. AAC

Video 320X240,
Frames/Sec 23.976
Bitrate: 576

The problem I have now is that after watching about 10 min of video, the video will freeze and I have to restart the video and scroll to where I was. This seems like a nearly impossible thing to fix. My Included Desktop Media will not convert videos it just gives a "File cannot be transferred error".

Perhaps I will troubleshoot more, but I will check back if any Sprint Users find anything else out.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:08 PM   #153
Kardall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlasvegas View Post
When I try to use the Media Manager (Roxio) that came with my device, i get "The following files could not be transferred" No other error. I would use it if I could, but it doesn't work and apparently I am the only person with that problem. Or am I ?
What kind of file are you transferring? It could be a DRM issue, where the DRM isn't allowing it to copy the information over. Is it just a specific file, or is it anything that you try?

Try using something like Fraps, and record a game, then try to use Roxio to put the file on. See if it gives you an error.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #154
sicilianos

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular/ ATT
Unhappy Video Converter not working ! please help

I went step by step.. I added a .avi movie into the input ... made my settings.. turned the debugger on.. an clicked "convert my video"

The black command screen came up and said " Mencoder is converting your files in the command window"... " CLICK Ok when your see progress text stop moving in the .cmd window."

what step am I doing wrong?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:06 AM   #155
carl rifkind
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800C
Carrier: Cingular, the new AT&T
Default Rtsp

been leaked on the net that future RIM software will enable RTSP streaming to the device.

does anyone have any more info?
Old 09-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #156
NdriTTy

Model: 7100t
Carrier: Student

thnx for this info
Old 10-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #157
Kardall

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl rifkind View Post
been leaked on the net that future RIM software will enable RTSP streaming to the device.

does anyone have any more info?
New BlackBerry's with some version after 4.1 will have Bluetooth transfer capabilities. Basically, if you know the PIN of the device (5 0's) then you can pair it with another device, and transfer pretty much anything. Entire contact lists, pictures/video etc.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #158
bzaban

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Newbie who read everything and still failed

I have an 8800 and just downloaded trial versions of AnyDVD, Clone DVD Mobile and the the Blackberry Converter (Seabyrd 1.13) after that (only trying to watch a DVD I own on my 8800). What I ended up with after using the DVD programs was an avi with no video and only audio. When i sent that file to my BB with the Media Manager it didnt even show up. Any ideas? Are there settings on each program that I may have messed up?

Thanks in advance...
bz
Old 11-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #159
stuffing

Carrier: telus
Default Ive done it

ok go to Media Convert - free and on line - convert and split sound, ringtones, images, docs - H264 MP3 WMV 3GP AMR FLV SWF AMV MOV WMA AVI MPG MP4 DivX MPEG4 iPOD PSP OGG WMA AAC MP4 MPC MMF QCP KAR MIDI REALAUDIO FLAC JPG PSD DOC PDF RTF TXT ODG ODP ODS ODT

its free and will convert anything. pick the the vid you want to play and on the out put format chouse MPEG-4(mp4.)

Frames/second [4 to 30] 1-29
All data Split nothing
Resize To [96x96 to 948x576] 340x240
Audio Quality default
Video Quality [48 to 9999 kbps] 750

works great

pic if u want

Old 11-03-2007, 11:35 AM   #160
Bla1ze

Model: All!
PIN: PiMP