BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-07-2006, 04:03 AM   #261
donsarlo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Please Login to Remove!

Now that I've had the Bell Mobility 1xEvDO update on my 7250, I'd like to do this. Dialing #HELP* tells me that my device has IP address 10.152.112.16, yet I don't see the TCP option in OPTIONS.

Does anyone know what I need to do to set this up?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #262
sm1th
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: O2

I'm with O2 UK. I can't get my Blackberry to work with other internet apps. I've put in the correct APN settings.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #263
SuperC1

Model: 7100g

Is this in addition to the $44.95 that cingular charges for blackberry usage?
Old 05-23-2006, 06:16 AM   #264
ronedwards
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Anyone have Vodafone Australia settings?

Anyone have Vodafone Australia settings?

TIA
Old 05-23-2006, 08:29 AM   #265
nikola

Model: 7100t
Default Mobtel, Serbia

Hello everyone

I got 7100t unlocked. Why? Don't let me start, in fact it is realy nice device, and noone has it here so I feel special

My friend, who I can not find in recent days has 7100v and he managed to get gprs working on it. But no luck for me. I put valid APN, username and password that work on my iPaq+Nokia 6310.
So, anyone got it working, I've noticed several posts here of failure to make it working. GPRS is still in small letters "gprs" on it, Opera Mini is not working.

(Network is MOBTEL, Serbia)
Old 05-29-2006, 07:24 AM   #266
carmichael_neely

Model: 7100v
Default Vodafone In Spain

Hi. I'm a new member and a new BB owner. I'm having trouble configuring my BB 7100v to work as a modem in Spain, where I live. I've followed the directions from this website, but the closest I've got is, after the modem has reportedly dialed up Vodafone, is error #734: PPP, Link Control protocol was terminated.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this one?

Thanks in advance.

Carmichael_neely
Old 06-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #267
ViolaBerry

Model: Curve
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi, I just got my 8700g yesterday. I tried to download a couple of apps. All of them are not working for the same reason. For example, I downloaded VeriChat and the problem is that it could not open tunnel - failed. I was reading the blackberry forum and someone said that I need TCP/IP but I could not verify as I am not sure where to find TCP/IP on my device. I clicked on Options icon and looked for TCP but it's not there. Everything else is working fine such as email, web browsing, etc... except for those apps that I downloaded and it failed to open tunnel. I use BIS.. I am not using BES because I don't have a corporate email. Do I have to sign up for BES in order to get TCP on my device? Please explain how I can correct this problem. Many thanks!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:49 AM   #268
nikola

Default Downloading service books

I spoke with my friend who has 7100v. He remembers that on this forum, long time ago, year or two, he downloaded from this forum what he remebrs was service books that he, using Desktop Manager loaded on his bb. I don't have any service book, so that is why I think I can not get tcp apps working.
He has this link in his bookmarsk that he said he used to download this, but it is not working anymore (from this forum ...search.php?searchid=322506)

As far as I understand, it is probably .IPD file with only service books in it becked up.
Can please someone tell me if I am on the right track of getting tcp over gprs working or not? Or maybe point me in the right direction?
Old 06-06-2006, 06:25 AM   #269
ViolaBerry

Model: Curve
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaBerry
Hi, I just got my 8700g yesterday. I tried to download a couple of apps. All of them are not working for the same reason. For example, I downloaded VeriChat and the problem is that it could not open tunnel - failed. I was reading the blackberry forum and someone said that I need TCP/IP but I could not verify as I am not sure where to find TCP/IP on my device. I clicked on Options icon and looked for TCP but it's not there. Everything else is working fine such as email, web browsing, etc... except for those apps that I downloaded and it failed to open tunnel. I use BIS.. I am not using BES because I don't have a corporate email. Do I have to sign up for BES in order to get TCP on my device? Please explain how I can correct this problem. Many thanks!
Never mind... I found a way to reticfy the problem. My device is running fine now. I found TCP option under Advanced Options on Home Options (its for 8700g) so I was able to change to map.voicestream.com without any problems. All downloaded apps such as VeriChat are functioning perfectly.

Have a great day!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #270
robaire

Model: 8700
Default Cingular still not internet Accessible 8700c

I am trying to get online with my 8700c without bes,

I did all the

APN: isp.cingular
Username: [email address]
Password: CINGULAR1

then disconnected the battery and i still get an unable to connect message, also I have no browser icon.

Can anyone help me?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:04 AM   #271
techker
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Telus and rogers

ok this is confusing..i have a 7250 from bell what is this about?

is there an msn for this??
Old 06-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #272
DirtDiva13@comcast.net

Model: 8700c
Default wrong weather on Today screen..HELP!

Hi,
Just downloaded the Today screen, all ok, except shows weather for The Woodlands, Texas???? How do I change this? I have been trying to no avail!
Thanks
Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #273
aussiedude

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:37 PM   #274
SWIZZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

I belive in either the installation phase on right after it there is a spot to put your home addres or zip code.

I would look for that. I remember somthing like that, there has to be an option in there for it somwhere. I remember reading it from another thread but I just cannot remember exactly where.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:29 AM   #275
ayuyu2

Model: 7800c

Quote:
Originally Posted by robaire
I am trying to get online with my 8700c without bes,

I did all the

then disconnected the battery and i still get an unable to connect message, also I have no browser icon.

Can anyone help me?
I am online with my 8700c, and I am told I have WAP and the other domain. I can get online, but I still get a tunnel error with verichat and rambler. I can't find where I can change the APN any ideas?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:38 AM   #276
IDEA RicH

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhnky
Hey guys, my father just purchased a 7100t, which as you probably know was made for t-mobile... Well we are on the Cellular One / Dobson Cellular network (semi-big provider in KY, TN,...) He bought it because the local store said it would work, but now that he has it, and we called tech support they say that the bb will only operate as a phone on their network, and the data service can not be connected. I almost believe them because so many of the settings for data are not accessible (i.e. when I try to put the settings from my phone into his, many of the settings don't have the capability of being added, or changed) So I'm curious about three things... First if I update the bb's os is there any chance of it locking again (switching back to t-mobile only bb), second if i upgrade the bb would that open those settings up for being edited, and finaly where should i download an updated os for it... could I download the update from cellular ones site (made for the 7100g) and maybe that would fix everything?

Thank you for your help
Sam
For detail also see BlackBerryOS 4.x Download FAQ on this forum
Old 06-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #277
Emajination

Model: 8800
Carrier: att
Default Difficulty Connecting to Ramble

I've researched the threads and I've tried all the options that I found, I've listed a few of them below. But nothing seems to allow me to connect to Ramble.

Cingular Wireless,
BB 8700
v4.1.0.194 (Platform 2.0.0.90)
BES Corporate Server
Data unlimited plan

I've also tried:

APN: wap.cingular

Cingular works now, but it is a little tricky to set up at Cingular first by calling them. You have to telephone Cingular and ask for these line items to be added to your Cingular bill, if it does not already show up on your Cingular bill, called "Wireless Internet Express" (WIX for short) and "Wireless Internet Express Data Connect":
Quote:
WIX EXTENDED INTERNET $0.00
WIX DATA CONNECT $0.00
WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00
Old 06-30-2006, 09:44 AM   #278
evilc

Model: 8700
Carrier: Vodafone

First off - great thread - kudos to you for helping us get what we are already paying for !

I am trying to get this working with our companies BBs. We are on Vodafone UK (Business) and have mainly 8700s.
We have a BES, which I have access to.

I have tried all the settings I have seen in this and other thread, but no dice.
I am getting the dreaded TCP 736 error.
I called voda and asked them to "enable internet APN", and after a couple of tries and them saying no, I eventually got a yes.

I was asked to give it 12 hours, which I did, but still no joy.

As a side note, I took the SIM from a Vodafone mobile connect (3G PC Card) and put it in my BB. It wouldn't work as a BB (ie no voice or email - "Data connection refused") but it worked perfectly first time as a tethered GPRS modem with the settings I was using. Am I correct in assuming that means I have it all set up right, just Voda hasn't enabled the right thing on my BB SIM ?

TIA

Clive
Old 07-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #279
natalbrasil

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by perficae
I've been reading this thread and it sounds interesting, but I have a question concerning the subject matter.

My 7100v (Vodafone Spain) comes with two possiblities for accessing the interet, one is a free limitless approach for a flat fee that I pay and the other option is via WAP, in which case vodafone charges you anywhere from 0.50 to 5.00 euros per MB, depending on your rate plan.

I use the free access that comes with my rate plan. I have not tried the WAP version as I am not sure exactly what more I might get for the extra fees.

Anyway, my question is if the changes detailed in this thread are so that I can use instant messaging on the "free" internet access or is this for the WAP access? I hope this makes sense.

And if it's for the free version, does anyone know if I can install Skype on my BB 7100v?
Old 07-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #280
fuzioneer

Model: 8700v

I have a 8700 on T-Mobile UK. all standard BB apps work fine,i.e. T-Zones browser, instantemail etc etc, but i cannot get any third party apps to work. I have tried Verichat (Tunnel failed error), Mini Opera (Network Error) etc etc

I have tried numerous settings for APN.

Any other UK T-Mobile users who have got any 3rd party apps working, what APNs did you use ?