Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
Kbates1208

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Angry BB Curve 8320 on Tmobile says SOS, already replaced SIM

Please Login to Remove!

For a week now, my BB hasn't worked...in my house. All the sudden it just stopped getting a signal when I get within a mile from my house, either direction. It says SOS instead of GPRS or EDGE. Most the time, it also says ATT not Tmobile on the screen. Mr. I know it All tech person said a new SIM would most likely fix it. Guess what. It didn't. Now there is a "service request" that takes up to 72 hours. All in all, I'm going to be unable to use my phone for probably two weeks! None of the cust srvc reps have asked about settings on the phone. They just say someone will have to check this area. I'm fed up! Could there be any settings on my phone that need changed? I asked them this but the person said they didn't think so.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Sounds like a T-Mobile cell tower failure. I doubt there's anything you can do other than keep complaining to them.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
wingrider78
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (8320 Titanium)

Since you have an 8320 do you have a wireless router you can connect to to get UMA??
Old 10-03-2009, 06:41 AM   #4
FredNotBob

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbates1208 View Post
For a week now, my BB hasn't worked...in my house. All the sudden it just stopped getting a signal when I get within a mile from my house, either direction. It says SOS instead of GPRS or EDGE. Most the time, it also says ATT not Tmobile on the screen. Mr. I know it All tech person said a new SIM would most likely fix it. Guess what. It didn't. Now there is a "service request" that takes up to 72 hours. All in all, I'm going to be unable to use my phone for probably two weeks! None of the cust srvc reps have asked about settings on the phone. They just say someone will have to check this area. I'm fed up! Could there be any settings on my phone that need changed? I asked them this but the person said they didn't think so.
I'm a trained PDA Rep for T-Mobile, so I may be able to provide some assistance in the technical side of things.

I'm speaking purely 'off the record' here (I've been told I'm not allowed to identify myself as a Rep), so please keep this under your hat...

First of all, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Blackberry! I hope you stuck with us long enough for this information to be useful.

SOS *is*, most often, a SIM card error, but you'll also need to look at the settings for your connection to the T-Mobile network. Under 'Settings/Options/Advanced Options', check that you're not set for WiFi Preferred (that can have an impact on the connection), and try doing a Manual Network Selection.

Also, call PDA Support and have them check the tower connection itself -- sometimes, a phone might get 'stuck' on a tower and need to be dropped and reconnected to the nearest tower.

While not strictly required for an SOS notification, a Service Request can help us identify potential network issues, malfunctioning towers, and 'problem spots' that may be causing problems with a given handset -- though I certainly share your frustration at the 72-hour timeframe!

Hope it gets resolved soon!

FredNotBob.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:08 AM   #5
Daughain
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: T-Mobile

You may also be experiencing the joys of Tmo 'expansion'. I had a similar problem when I moved from TX into an area that Tmo had just switched from BW they were renting to their own towers. Something else to think about.
Closed Thread