BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneggsandham View Post
Somebody edited my original title??
Probably a moderator to better help describe the thread. Either that or a monkey got loose.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:22 AM   #42
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDruMMer BoYxx View Post
DAng!!!! If theres one moment in my life where ive ever felt low and stupid, is right about now after this article, concluding with the 2 minutes of my life ill never get back as well....And i feel like "tobyw's" little profie picture.......

Bang!!! yup, the sound of my head hitting the wall...
Hey, don't worry about it! I feel like my own avatar most of time, which is why I picked it.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:45 AM   #43
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
Probably a moderator to better help describe the thread. Either that or a monkey got loose.
Yes, I did.

Sometimes threads outlive their original topic title, and sometimes many replies contains many answers to a common question. Therefore, a renaming of a thread title to something better, is warranted to attract more readers.

No worries: You can rename it to an even better title if you prefer! Thread owners are also also able to rename their own threads (as long as the first post in that thread is their own). So you can rename your own thread too on this forum.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 10-25-2007 at 09:47 AM..
Old 12-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #44
spartanicus

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Logicmail is a good solution for those looking for native IMAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon View Post

2. LogicMail IMAP client for BlackBerry
LogicMail for BlackBerry - Trac
This application works quite well; the UI is still somewhat basic, but it does the trick nicely. Thanks for pointing it out - it's just what I was looking for.

There are many reasons why one might want native IMAP support on a Blackberry without going through a third party service! For various reasons (primarily for research and support of others) I have lived in both the native IMAP and BES worlds simultaneously for about two years -- and now that I'm switching just to IMAP (research related), Logicmail will allow me to continue using my Blackberry for email.

If interested, you should visit the link above to learn more. The application can be downloaded directly by pointing your mobile browser at LogicMail Installation

The key points made by Greeneggsandham are both valid and important to understand. It's amusing how many threads jumped on the defensive here, particularly since it was a good natured critique looking for a solution. And - seriously, if you don't understand the underlying details and acronyms, do a little research before replying.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:11 AM   #45
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I see it appears to show mail folders in an IMAP box. Does anyone know if Logic allows you to file messages in sub-folders?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #46
krkeegan

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation IMAP Proxy Enables Better use of BIS IMAP

So I know most of us suffer from the inability to save sent messages to the sent folder and copies of deleted messages in the trash. This is all because BIS does not use the NAMESPACE command.

I made a BB-IMAP-Proxy which enables BIS to use sent and trash folders not contained in the base folder.

Sorry, to post in an old thread, but I thought some people might find it helpful.

Kevin

BB-IMAP-Proxy
Old 02-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #47
camattin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: 32CA9578
Carrier: Sprint

I was tempted to try the imap proxy, but I didn't want my passwords in the clear. So I just enabled the altnamespace in cyrus and it accomplished the same thing.

Now, it'd be great if BIS would just implement the command and we could all be happy...
Closed Thread