rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
My app loader wasn't working, so I did this update according to the steps in this thread, my device updated, and my app loader started working fine... but my desktop software still says 4.2.2.14

Everything is working fine, but did I do something wrong?
You're fine, that is the right version number for the Desktop Software. The number 4.2.2.171 that you see in this thread title is on your 8230 itself, go to Options -> About and it should say "v4.2.2.171 (Platform 2.5.0.24)" - this is what everyone has right now.

Quote:
The only discrepancy I can notice is this odd set of characters when synchronization begins... looks something like "?????.. Intellisync..?????"
Check your languages -- that's a way I've seen characters for which you don't have the fonts/etc. in Windows display as; you might have some language left on the device which you don't need. (check Input Support while you're there, they go together generally) Fire up the App Loader and it should be easy to spot any leftovers.

Last edited by rivviepop; 10-01-2007 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: clarify using App Loader
Old 10-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #102
jchin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

My new 8320 came from T-Mobile with v4.2.2.171 installed already. Cool.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #103
xyrcncp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymitsu3kgt View Post
Yeah, I deleted the vendor.alx I've done this process on two previous BB models without any problems. This time all I have is BB Dimension Icon, BB Dimension Today, BB Dimension Zen, and TMobile Zen (the themes that were originally on the BB). Which extra themes do you have after completing the process?
Simply deleting the vendor.xml file won't give you the rest of the themes. You have to replace the BlackBerry.alx file too with the one from the first post in this thread. The extra themes were the O2 Today, O2 Zen, Rogers Zen, Telefonica Zen, both Vodafone Today (green and red), AT&T icon and Orange icon. I wish the BB Today Plus was available (with the correct date format) though.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:21 AM   #104
mymitsu3kgt

Model: 9780
PIN: 236676A8
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrcncp View Post
Simply deleting the vendor.xml file won't give you the rest of the themes. You have to replace the BlackBerry.alx file too with the one from the first post in this thread. The extra themes were the O2 Today, O2 Zen, Rogers Zen, Telefonica Zen, both Vodafone Today (green and red), AT&T icon and Orange icon. I wish the BB Today Plus was available (with the correct date format) though.
Yes, I know. I forgot to mention that I did replace the vendor.alx with the modified Blackberry.alx . I've successfully done this on two previous BBs. This time I only have the themes that came with my Curve.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #105
xyrcncp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Dunno what to tell you. I did the same thing, deleted the Vendor and BlackBerry files and copied the edited BlackBerry file over and they were all there. Afterwards, I deleted some of the themes via the java folder along with the myfaves crap.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #106
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Unstuck Thread

New OS:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-kong-csl.html
Old 10-16-2007, 08:49 PM   #107
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8705g

Hi John, et al.

I have tried on my 8320 curve both with and without homescreen dialing on to hit Alt and Enter to lock the keyboard and It is not working.

It seems to do something different. Most, if not all of the time tho, I go get 2 lines that says English - United States and English - United Kingdom.

Can someone help me or put me in the right direction as to 1. what this is and 2. how to lock the keyboard

thanks
Eric
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM   #108
Ophidian
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
Hi John, et al.

I have tried on my 8320 curve both with and without homescreen dialing on to hit Alt and Enter to lock the keyboard and It is not working.

It seems to do something different. Most, if not all of the time tho, I go get 2 lines that says English - United States and English - United Kingdom.

Can someone help me or put me in the right direction as to 1. what this is and 2. how to lock the keyboard

thanks
Eric
Try holding down the "mute" button for a couple seconds-- that should give you the uber keylock
Old 10-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #109
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
Try holding down the "mute" button for a couple seconds-- that should give you the uber keylock
That works, thats a step in the right direction, but that's just the 'Standby' mode.

Isn't there a keylock shortcut that should work? any idea what I was getting with that English USA, etc?

thanks to all for reading and anyone who can help
Old 10-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #110
rivviepop

Quote:
Without Homescreen Dialing on, the magic key is 'k' to lock it. Bring up the menu and as you scroll over icons look for an underlined letter (like the 'A' in Address) and that's your hotkey; find the Keylock icon and you'll see that the K is underlined.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:29 PM   #111
Ophidian
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
That works, thats a step in the right direction, but that's just the 'Standby' mode.

Isn't there a keylock shortcut that should work? any idea what I was getting with that English USA, etc?

thanks to all for reading and anyone who can help
Out of curiosity, how is the keylock any better than standby mode? From my experience standby completely obsoletes it-- same protection from accidentally 'booty calling' someone without the annoying unlock key-sequence
Old 10-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #112
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
Without Homescreen Dialing on, the magic key is 'k' to lock it. Bring up the menu and as you scroll over icons look for an underlined letter (like the 'A' in Address) and that's your hotkey; find the Keylock icon and you'll see that the K is underlined.
Thanks it isnt the alt. It works. Thanks again so much. Just out of curiosity, I googled, found alt k in these forums, where would I have found that??
Old 10-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #113
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how is the keylock any better than standby mode? From my experience standby completely obsoletes it-- same protection from accidentally 'booty calling' someone without the annoying unlock key-sequence
It's nice to know that too. Thanks. I just mainly wanted the lock and to know if I was doing anything wrong

thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 PM   #114
rivviepop

Quote:
Thanks it isnt the alt. It works. Thanks again so much. Just out of curiosity, I googled, found alt k in these forums, where would I have found that??
Right here baby, the FAQ:

Home Screen Shortcuts - BlackBerryFAQ

BBFaq is owned/operated by the same person (team, really) that runs this website.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #115
rivviepop

Quote:
Keylock leaves the screen on - I slip my 8320 out of the sleeve an inch or two to check the time, missed calls or messages and stuff like that - when it detects you're un-holstering the backlight turns on (it's that little magnet in front of the case). In standby it's completely off and useless for quick looking.