BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation BIS Email on T-Mobile: How do I log into my account from a PC to access my emails?!?

Please Login to Remove!

Okay, I need to do something today that I have literally not had to do in YEARS... there have been many upgrades to the BIS email service since I last had to do this, but... you USED to be able to, through your carrier's website, log into your BIS email address online and view your inbox, sent emails, spam folder, etc., just like you can with any webmail service such as Yahoo! or Hotmail.

For the first time in a long time, I need to do this, because an important email I get every week didn't show up this week, and the sender said he had problems with it being sent to people's spam folders this week. THERE IS NOT A WAY TO CHECK THE SPAM FOLDER FROM THE BLACKBERRY ITSELF, at least not that I can find, but there should be a way to do it online. I have checked the BlackBerry FAQs site. I have tried the "ask a question about BIS" self-help automated tech support thing at BlackBerry.Com. I even called T-Mobile's BlackBerry Tech Support, and NO ONE can tell me how to log into my BIS email account from a computer to check my emails (and, hopefully, the spam box!) All they can tell me is how to get to the options screen where I can add a new email account, delete an existing one, or create a new spam filter.

I KNOW that I USED to be able to log into my BIS account online from a regular computer, PLEASE tell me that this is still an option and how to do so!

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 02-27-2009 at 04:23 PM..
Old 02-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Do you mean your tmo.blackberry.net email, or a different email? There is no way to check the tmo.blackberry.net email from a computer - the device is the only inbox.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachamphetamine View Post
Do you mean your tmo.blackberry.net email, or a different email?
Yes, I mean the @tmo.blackberry.net address.
Quote:
There is no way to check the tmo.blackberry.net email from a computer - the device is the only inbox.
That is complete and total BS!

Like I said, it has literally been years since I needed to do this... most likely the last time I needed to do it, I was still on Nextel. I used to be able to go to the Nextel website, log into the site, and from there, log into my BIS email account and access my emails online, from the PC. Why in the name of GORD would RIM and/or T-Mobile ever take that ability away?!?

What are you supposed to do if your BlackBerry is stolen, lost, or non-functioning, and you need to access your BIS email account without having a spare BlackBerry on-hand?!?

I just can't wrap my brain around the (lack of) logic here.

Anyway, thanks for confirming that RIM and/or T-Mobile have made an idiotic decision in this regard. Now I know what to ask for when RIM asks how they can improve the BlackBerry Internet Service on the next update!

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 02-27-2009 at 04:38 PM..
Old 02-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer

Model: 9700
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T

I hardly know of anyone that uses the BIS email address. That's why the BB is a BB, so you can have all your other email accounts in the palm of your hand. The BIS email account is a joke!!!!!

www.coreymckinney.com
Old 02-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm View Post
I hardly know of anyone that uses the BIS email address. That's why the BB is a BB, so you can have all your other email accounts in the palm of your hand. The BIS email account is a joke!!!!!
It's very, very useful for time sensitive emails that you want to get right away, though. On my 8700g, it would only check for new AOL emails 2-3 times an hour, and sometimes, it would take it HOURS to pull down emails that were sitting in my inbox, because the system clearly had some flaws. Now they say that AOL emails are pushed down right away, just like BIS emails, but I'm still trying to verify that this is actually happening. In the meantime, I gave the person in question my tmo.blackberry.net address so that I would always get their emails right away. And now it seems to be suddenly shunting his emails into a spam box that I can't access... just bloody brilliant!

Old 02-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #6
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer

Model: 9700
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T

GMail, as well as email accounts hosted by GoDaddy are pushed instantly.

www.coreymckinney.com
Old 02-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

So are Yahoo! addresses. I've found my Yahoo address to be closer to instant than GMail, but that is just my own experience.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
crisambo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
It's very, very useful for time sensitive emails that you want to get right away, though. On my 8700g, it would only check for new AOL emails 2-3 times an hour, and sometimes, it would take it HOURS to pull down emails that were sitting in my inbox, because the system clearly had some flaws. Now they say that AOL emails are pushed down right away, just like BIS emails, but I'm still trying to verify that this is actually happening. In the meantime, I gave the person in question my tmo.blackberry.net address so that I would always get their emails right away. And now it seems to be suddenly shunting his emails into a spam box that I can't access... just bloody brilliant!
I understand where you're coming from as I've had to work with BB devices since 1999.

At the present time, the web-based BIS mailboxes are no longer provided by carriers... I believe this went away with the mobitex devices.

Anyway, as a work-around, to prevent important messages from being trashed by BIS, you should create "whitelist" filters for known senders. . . when a message is received and meets the filter criteria, messages will be forwarded to your BlackBerry device.

Now, in order to login to TMO BIS, you must first register your T-Mobile phone number at https://my.t-mobile.com/Login/Register.aspx if you have not done so. Once logged-in, click on your phone's icon located at the top right corner of the page. . . . Next, look for and click on link to "Set up BlackBerry Internet E-mail . . . that will bring you to your BIS set-up page. . . . make changes as required.

It's also probably wise to utilize Gmail or Yahoo as a fallback mailbox/email service.

Last edited by crisambo; 02-27-2009 at 06:16 PM..
Closed Thread