Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #1
thaiexpat

Model: 8382
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Angry Classic Deletes All My Email And Calls Log

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone help me with his really infuruating problem? I have a new Classic, about 2 months old. I bought this one to replace my previous Classic which grew a mind of it's own in that it would at random, delete not one but the whole batch of emails on that account. It would also delete contacts I had recently entered and a host of other non related issues. I downloaded and installed 'new' software from BB twice before I gave it up as a bad job.
Now the new one is starting on the same path. Four email accounts, all full of emails mysteriously disappeared this morning. The accounts are there but the emails have vanished and empty screens appear for them.
The call log, also full of past calls and voicemaisl, also disappeared as well.
Utterly blank.
I've been into settings, messed with synch intervals etc which is what I did on the other phone but otherwise cant find anything that says' delete the lot without warning'.
I've been loyal to BB for years but even I'm beginning to wonder if I'm backing a dead horse?
Can anyone help please? Much appreciated.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:26 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Classic Deletes All My Email And Calls Log

Is you phone a company phone? does anyone have access to your email accounts?
If no to these then it may be the HIB is being used wrong. You can delete massages and phone calls from the HUB and generally one at a time unless you use "select more" action..

Also it ay be the sync is causing this. it is possible the sync direction will delete stuff.
Make sure your clear on the sync your using , direction and where.

If this is a company phone, it is possible for the admin to delete info "wipe" data.

The other thing may be an App causing this. Try deleting any you added then wait for a few days and see if it helps. If it does add them back one at a time and work for a while to see if the problem comes back. If one causes this you have your answer.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:40 AM   #3
thaiexpat

Model: 8382
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
Is you phone a company phone? does anyone have access to your email accounts?
If no to these then it may be the HIB is being used wrong. You can delete massages and phone calls from the HUB and generally one at a time unless you use "select more" action..

Also it ay be the sync is causing this. it is possible the sync direction will delete stuff.
Make sure your clear on the sync your using , direction and where.

If this is a company phone, it is possible for the admin to delete info "wipe" data.

The other thing may be an App causing this. Try deleting any you added then wait for a few days and see if it helps. If it does add them back one at a time and work for a while to see if the problem comes back. If one causes this you have your answer.
Thanks for your reply. My phone isn't a company one and is totally private, bought from BB a few weeks ago. Not sure how to alter synch settingsto stop this random delete thing but when I go into each email account, I see 'synch interval (set at 5 mins) and synch timeframe (set at 90 days). This does vary between my business account and my Google accounts. I see from other posts that similar problems have been attributed to having GMail on the phone? With the previous phone I deleted and added accounts yet the mass deletion still activated totally at random. Sometimes next day, sometimes next month. There was never any set pattern or repeated action that would cause it. So far this has only happened once so far with the new phone but I want to nip this in the bud before it becomes as bad as the previous one. I travel a lot and really rely on my BB as my mobile communications platform. Thanks
Old 05-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

It sound like the Sync setting may be causing this issue. Blackberry offers limited details on the issue in the support section but this link may offer some information.
You might try setting the sync limits differently to see what happens.
Also make sure the setting are what you think they are. Example, the 90 day is actually 90 days.

I will keep looking for more info.

Guide to the BlackBerry Hub for Android
Closed Thread