BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #21
Two Mike Romeo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Anyone see this XML Syntax error?

Please Login to Remove!

Brandon,

I have converted several files succesfully (according to your program) to ALX. However, when I try to install them on the berry, I get this error message on every one (see attachment). Any ideas?

Thanks!

Randall
Two Mike Romeo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XML Syntax Error.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	8847  
Old 08-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #22
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2203551
Carrier: TMO

.... I've finally got that XML error and am now examining the difference between a working alx file and a non working .alx. I'm going to pinpoint the problem and hopefully fix it by todays end. It may mean another update though.

Brandon
Old 08-18-2007, 01:38 AM   #23
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

I've just updated the program to a version 1.2.

Note:
J2A doesnt like JAR filenames that have spaces in them. I forgot to add this in the help file and as a pop up message on first run so I apologize. So make sure the filename for the JAR is "mygame.jar" Instead of" my game.jar"

Updates:
New Design

Reworded messages to be a little more percise on what exactly the program is doing.

Start button doesnt freeze or disappear under any circumstances (that I know of)

Ive also fixed the ALX files so there will be no XML error when trying to load onto blackberry with desktop manager.

Ive added a debug mode so you can see what goes on when that command prompt window pops up.

Also added an ability to start or stop the sound.

Ive hopefully fixed the error where The program resets itsself and asks for directories again.

Check the help file or readme for any extra stuff.

Brandon
Old 08-18-2007, 01:11 PM   #24
2Curious
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMo USA
Default Donation Sent !

Thanks for the great utility! Worked perfectly for me. Easy as pie.

I've had a .jar for a Briscola (Italian card game) for months now, never made the time to work on converting it. Now it's done in minutes!
Need to find a better version of the game though...the one I found isn't the greatest.

Thanks again.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:05 AM   #25
chimmay

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

i tried to use your program and whenever i try to covert it says "unexpected error occured when running the game".. could you help me out on this i would really like to use this program. thanks for your help in advance.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:21 AM   #26
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Im glad you like the program 2Curious, and Im more happy to hear that its working as it should. And thank you for the donation. I really do appreciate that.

Chimmay, what OS are you running? When exactly do you get the error? When you click start? Did you get that error on first run?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:32 PM   #27
broberts34668

Model: 8830
Default Jar - Cod Conversion

I am pretty new to this java stuff, but I have an observation that may be of interest regarding this app and the other "batch" program that is floating around the forums. What I have noticed is that both methods appear to work on a good number of .jar files. I tried downloading .jar files from mobilerated, some will work and some will not via the conversion and DM. However, I can browse to the site with my 8830 and have no problem with the exact same app using OTA. I have seen a lot of people questioning how to use DM and it seems even with these two great converters, there still seems to be a disconnect somewhere out there. I have been playing with this stuff all weekend, re-written the batch file myself, tried both apps, etc and it seems I am not able to achieve ANY consistancy. It could just be me, so take this with a grain of salt!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #28
broberts34668

Model: 8830
Default One more thing...

If anyone is interested...one particular example I was playing with was "mytetris" from mobilerated. This was one I could install via OTA (although it didnt run very well, could be part of the conversion problem), but the download and convert option did not yield a .cod and the .alx it created generated the error "No additional applications designed for your device were found" when pointing to it in the DM. I even tried selecting generic phone types on the web site (Java MIDP 1.0, MIDP 2.0/CLDC 1.0, & MIDP 2.0/CLDC 1.1) and downloading each of the served up .jar files. Still nothing but conversion problems. More than just wanting a really good Tetris, I want to understand how all this dang sh*& works.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:31 AM   #29
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hello Broberts,

I appreciate your input on conversion, jar files and what not. I do agree, with converting to COD and downloading OTA and what not, Ive yet to find any consistency. And honestly I doubt we will find any consistency until Blackberry does something when it comes to Jar programs and Games. Theres just alot of factors that go into Conversion that make it unstable. How the program was coded, missing variables, what phone the program was coded for (Nokia, Motorola etc). So basically I'm just searching for that consistency too. Ive downloaded a couple jar torrents just to test out the differences between Motorola Jars and Nokia Jars, On my Pearl and on my 7105, through OTA and through conversion, and Ive made a program to help move things along faster. In the end, as some article says, Blackberry users crave games for their phones the most, and we wont stop to we get them on.

Brandon
Old 08-20-2007, 02:22 AM   #30
chimmay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUlukai View Post
Im glad you like the program 2Curious, and Im more happy to hear that its working as it should. And thank you for the donation. I really do appreciate that.

Chimmay, what OS are you running? When exactly do you get the error? When you click start? Did you get that error on first run?
ok so i dl the program unzipped it and theres a folder. inside there a program, and ur instructions say just drag it to the icon right? and then its suppose to convert. but so then the loading screen pops up and then it goes error. im running on window xp.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #31
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok, Once you extract a folder named "BSC - Jar to ALX (J2A)" is created. In that folder theres an exe named "BSC - Jar to ALX (J2A).exe". Double click that to run the program. Next in the "BSC - Jar to ALX (J2A)" folder there is a folder named "JadMaker". You need to drag and drop the Jar file you will convert on this icon. This will create the Jad file needed during conversion. Next click start on the"BSC - Jar to ALX (J2A).exe" program you double clicked on to run the conversion.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:28 AM   #32
chimmay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUlukai View Post
Ok, Once you extract a folder named "BSC - Jar to ALX (J2A)" is created. In that folder theres an exe named "BSC - Jar to ALX (J2A).exe". Double click that to run the program. Next in the "BSC - Jar to ALX (J2A)" folder there is a folder named "JadMaker". You need to drag and drop the Jar file you will convert on this icon. This will create the Jad file needed during conversion. Next click start on the"BSC - Jar to ALX (J2A).exe" program you double clicked on to run the conversion.
i dont think ur program will even run on my comp, let me try it on a different comp and ill c wats up.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #33
Two Mike Romeo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Default Thanks for the good work...

Brandon,

v1.2 works and I am not seeing the XML errors any more. I have successfully loaded a few games to my Pearl, but now I need to find some that are formatted properly for the Pearl's display.

Nice work!

Randall
Two Mike Romeo
Old 08-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #34
Nicod3mus

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

is there a working link for this app?
Old 08-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #35
blakeatl
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicod3mus View Post
is there a working link for this app?
Link worked for me just fine. Thanks for the app.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:20 AM   #36
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

No problem Blake, and glad you got it working Romeo. Ya Im gonna try out my BB programming skills and see if I can create any games for the BB. I currently make games for the PC, so we'll see how it goes. The link should be working.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:53 AM   #37
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F

Thanks man, this is great!

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 08-25-2007, 07:11 AM   #38
KLD712

Carrier: ORANGE
Default help

Hello im a complete newbie to blackberrys i have just brought the pearl and im like whoa there is too much to learn i would like to have some good games as i had some excellent ones on my nokia phone. I have read about coverting them but to be honest im like what? as i dont understand i need a step to step guide as to what i do and were i get the games from if you could help me i will give you more than 1 dollar im from the uk as i feel i need to know more so it will be money will spent if any one can help me it would be great.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2007, 04:01 PM   #39
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Glad its working ok for you flash. Therer are many different ways to get games on your blackberry KLD. Magmic Games - Play Anywhere is a great site to purchase games. There also are some free games out there. Or I can send you a couple games, which ever you prefer.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #40
KLD712

Carrier: ORANGE

Hi that would be great if you can send me some as i have none other than a fw demos which have run out i love puzzel games what ever you have really thanks
Closed Thread