Old 10-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
coriordan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange/T-Mobile
Default so bitter...and i deserve it

Please Login to Remove!

After a misunderstanding with my curve 8900 it wont turn on. Normally i blame this on drunken idiocy, but this was a genuine accident.

My phone will turn on when i power it up, but the screen stays on the white 'load up screen' but it never shows anything more. The red LED lights up when i press the power button, but that's about it.

All i can hope for is that this is a 'battery low' fault or a part of a phone in need of a replacement. Otherwise it's sad times and the end of the curve.....
Old 10-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriordan View Post
After a misunderstanding with my curve 8900 it wont turn on. Normally i blame this on drunken idiocy, but this was a genuine accident.

My phone will turn on when i power it up, but the screen stays on the white 'load up screen' but it never shows anything more. The red LED lights up when i press the power button, but that's about it.

All i can hope for is that this is a 'battery low' fault or a part of a phone in need of a replacement. Otherwise it's sad times and the end of the curve.....
Your story seems to indicate something you did caused the 8900 to behave like this. Is there more to this story?
Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
KermEd

Carrier: A big one

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriordan View Post

Lol, good time to purchase a better phone Maybe try a Nexus-One next. At least they put effort into their hardware.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
Mr John

Carrier: Vodafone

coriordan - basic question: have you taken the battery out for a minute or so and then re-inserted it?
Old 12-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
Glmwpg

Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: so bitter...and i deserve it

I'd say it's been damaged quite severely by whatever happened. If the battery pull doesn't help i'm not sure theres much you can do aside from taking it in to be looked at or taking your chances and taking it apart yourself.
Closed Thread