BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #141
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Please Login to Remove!

I was fine all along, now I'm not getting Yahoo, I'm also not getting them on my computer either.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #142
g2_nextel
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

zerog,

are you accessing yahoo e-mail through your bb internet browser or are using BIS?
Old 04-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #143
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Bis
Old 04-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #144
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Just tried the Internet Browser, I did not have any problems with this...
Old 04-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #145
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2_nextel
TL,

did you use yahoo through your internet browser on your bb?
No, directly on BB
Old 04-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #146
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

I've had 2 emails today that weren't pushed until another email came in. So it seems as if people are experiencing various problems today, but its much better than the past few days.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #147
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

Just ran a diagnostic test, suddenly it says no to email connection!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #148
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

And now it says yes. This thing is all over the place!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #149
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

You're going to make yourself crazy looking at it!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #150
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVR6 View Post
You're going to make yourself crazy looking at it!
You're so right.... I need to let it go for now! Its just that small things like this tend to bug until they get resolved... but in the big picture, this is insignificant.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #151
ajkohn2001

Model: 8300
Carrier: Sprint

Did messages read on BB reflect as read on Yahoo Mail before this SNAFU? This works from Yahoo to BB but not the other way around. Not a big deal but ... still wondering if it's not back to where it was before.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #152
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just heard back from RIM on my email to them.

Quote:
Hello Doug,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support in regards to your yahoo email account.

Please contact your service provider for assistance with your email service.
Generally, your most efficient route for technical support for your smartphone would be to contact the BlackBerry support team of your wireless service provider. These contacts would field general queries and provide initial technical support for all BlackBerry related issues and can act as your first point of contact in these matters.

If your organization has subscribed to BlackBerry Technical Support Services, please have one of your named callers contact the BlackBerry Technical Support team with your BlackBerry Technical Support Services subscriber code. This code is five digits in length and was supplied as part of your welcome package.

Note: BlackBerry Technical Support Services is an annual subscription program providing software maintenance and technical support services for your BlackBerry wireless enterprise solution. Named callers are personnel within your organization who are authorized to contact our support staff. For more information on BlackBerry Technical Support Services, please visit:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...b_tab_overview

In addition to free support from your service provider, you may also have the option to receive fee-based support directly from Research In Motion, the manufacturer and wireless experts for the BlackBerry solution. If you would like to learn more about this option, please dial the appropriate telephone number below and enter option three (3) at your first opportunity, to be routed to BlackBerry Customer Care. Please have your credit card information ready as there may be a charge associated with this service.

All BlackBerry owners have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Solutions Center. The Technical Solutions Center provides a repository of support information, documentation and frequently asked questions, with enhanced search capabilities so you can easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need. Please visit us at:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/suppo...ntral.do?id=m1

If you have any further questions regarding the information provided, please do reply to this message or contact us directly by telephone at 1-877-255-2377. Please enter your case number after choosing option one (1) from the interactive telephone menu. When replying to an email, please ensure that the case number in the subject field is not altered.

Have a wonderful day Doug and thank you again for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

We would like to takes this time to thank you for being a valued BlackBerry smartphone user.

Sincerely,

Carole
Old 04-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #153
ArmyGeorge
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24546662

Not sure I like that answer, especially since this has been a big deal here at BBF. Perhaps it would carry more weight if JC or others at his level contacted BB? Doug, I think you got a generic response, and can't imagine that response being the same knowing that it would be posted in BBF. Thoughts?
--Garmin GPS, returned, got BBTracker
--Dalwhinnie Single Malt
Old 04-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #154
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Agreed. Very form 'letterish'. I am not really surprised though. I do find it interesting that the problem was fixed shortly after the email was sent, plus others that were possibly sent from other forum members. Oh well.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #155
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVR6
Just heard back from RIM on my email to them.

Quote:
Hello Doug,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support in regards to your yahoo email account.

Please contact your service provider for assistance with your email service.
Generally, your most efficient route for technical support for your smartphone would be to contact the BlackBerry support team of your wireless service provider. These contacts would field general queries and provide initial technical support for all BlackBerry related issues and can act as your first point of contact in these matters.

If your organization has subscribed to BlackBerry Technical Support Services, please have one of your named callers contact the BlackBerry Technical Support team with your BlackBerry Technical Support Services subscriber code. This code is five digits in length and was supplied as part of your welcome package.

Note: BlackBerry Technical Support Services is an annual subscription program providing software maintenance and technical support services for your BlackBerry wireless enterprise solution. Named callers are personnel within your organization who are authorized to contact our support staff. For more information on BlackBerry Technical Support Services, please visit:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...b_tab_overview

In addition to free support from your service provider, you may also have the option to receive fee-based support directly from Research In Motion, the manufacturer and wireless experts for the BlackBerry solution. If you would like to learn more about this option, please dial the appropriate telephone number below and enter option three (3) at your first opportunity, to be routed to BlackBerry Customer Care. Please have your credit card information ready as there may be a charge associated with this service.

All BlackBerry owners have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Solutions Center. The Technical Solutions Center provides a repository of support information, documentation and frequently asked questions, with enhanced search capabilities so you can easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need. Please visit us at:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/suppo...ntral.do?id=m1

If you have any further questions regarding the information provided, please do reply to this message or contact us directly by telephone at 1-877-255-2377. Please enter your case number after choosing option one (1) from the interactive telephone menu. When replying to an email, please ensure that the case number in the subject field is not altered.

Have a wonderful day Doug and thank you again for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

We would like to takes this time to thank you for being a valued BlackBerry smartphone user.

Sincerely,

Carole
Got the same response from RIM also.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #156
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

The response I received is similar but with some differences (eg. There's a line in there about the fact that I asked in my email if it was related to the server maintenance... Ill post it later when I get home.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #157
melodious
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT
Default diagnostics

I've decided that the diagnostics are decoy. I ran them again later when my phone started working right again and it said my email was not connected. So now I've gotten that answer while everything was working properly.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #158
option94
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Anyone else getting all of your emails twice? I am. Its getting very annoying. Was working perfect yesterday morning, and then all hell broke lose.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #159
thaKing
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

nope, just fine here...
Old 04-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #160
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Everything is fine here too. I have not seen that behavior at all. Hmm. Weird.
Closed Thread