Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
eibrown2

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Red face 507 Error and Unable to Connect to Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

I tried to update to the new OS v4.5 using Desktop manager v4.6, in the process of updating the OS my phone showed a 507 error, and everything locked up at that point in the process. From that point I could not connect to the phone through Desktop Manager. I closed all apps, removed battery from phone, and uninstalled all software. Reloaded all software, and now I'm still unable to connect to the phone through Desktop manager? I was going to try the OS update, but it won't allow me to do that, because I cannot connect to the phone through Desktop Manager.

Notes:
Running Vista Ultimate on Desktop
Desktop Manager v4.6

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by eibrown2; 12-30-2008 at 10:53 AM..
Old 12-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
ScooterG
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: E71x
PIN: Up Models Rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eibrown2 View Post
I tried to update to the new OS v4.5 using Desktop manager v4.6, in the process of updating the OS my phone showed a 507 error, and everything locked up at that point in the process. From that point I could not connect to the phone through Desktop Manager. I closed all apps, removed battery from phone, and uninstalled all software. Reloaded all software, and now I'm still unable to connect to the phone through Desktop manager? I was going to try the OS update, but it won't allow me to do that, because I cannot connect to the phone through Desktop Manager.

Notes:
Running Vista Ultimate on Desktop
Desktop Manager v4.6

PLEASE HELP!
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday.

1. Take deep breath...all should be good.
2. Follow these instructions: What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ ...I did w ipe with Jl just for the heck of it too...
3. Enjoy your BB
Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
eibrown2

Default So Far So Good...

I used the link and instructions you sent, and it appears that the modules and OS is loading just fine...One note...in the instuctions and using command prompt to run the loader.exe /nojvm there was one additional path that was left out...the correct path is:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader\loader.exe /nojvm

(Apploader was not in the instructions).

I will make another post as to the success (or not). Thanks for the help.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
eibrown2

Sorry, but the instructions did include the path I mentioned in the previous post, I just overlooked it...The phone is working just fine now...Thanks again for the help...Have a great New Year!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
lbbrow01

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default I have tried everything to get my 8320 back up! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterG View Post
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday.

1. Take deep breath...all should be good.
2. Follow these instructions: What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ[/url] ...I did w ipe with Jl just for the heck of it too...
3. Enjoy your BB

My 8320 is totally wiped too. I have tried everything under the sun. I have tried working off my desktop instead of my Dell computer. I have tried to do the Jl Cmder wipe but I could not get the device to connect after multiple attempts. I then attempted to go to the link you mention above, and the dos commands don't work for me. "The system cannot find the path specified" is what I get. I am a total loss.

BB was working fine yesterday. Installed the desktop manager and device software from my carrier's website. All was fine. Was upgrading apps and the BB crashed during the upgrades. 507 first and then another error later.

HELP!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:40 PM   #6
eibrown2

Default It worked great for my 8310...

lbbrow01,

Not sure if you are going to the right path, but the instructions link that ScooterG posted worked just fine. It by passes the Desktop Manager, which is what the real problem was when upgrading my OS, it just froze on me during the upgrade.

I would make sure you are going to the right path
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader
and from there type in
loader.exe /nojvm (a popup Wizard will appear after enter is pressed)

Also, make sure you've installed the Blackberry 8320 OS on your desktop, if you don't have the Blackberry OS installed on the desktop, you won't see the above path.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
lbbrow01

Thanks for giving me the advice. I will try it. So are you suggesting I go to the command prompt and get at it that way? If so, I think I have tried that as well (with the OS on my desktop) but didn't see the path. I will try againn. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Lindsey
Old 01-01-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
eibrown2

Default Command Prompt?

Sorry for the delay....Yes, Lindsey, that's what you have to do, go through the Command Prompt. I could not successfully load the new operating system on my phone using the desktop manager. I would get the error 507 every time I went through the desktop manager. Good Luck, and let me know how it goes for you. Ed.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
lbbrow01

It worked. 12 hours later--VOILA! Thank you to everyone for ALL the posts. T-Mobile was at a loss so I would have had to scrap the phone if it weren't for this site.

Just to note that it DIDN'T work without the battery in which is counter to what I thought would be the case.

I have a small concern. Since my BB crashed when doing updates from the Desktop manager, how do I prevent that from happening again. I am going to have to use the Desktop manager to sync with Outlook, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #10
ScooterG
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: E71x
PIN: Up Models Rule.

Maybe try version 4.7 or 4.5 of DM...?
Old 01-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #11
eibrown2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbbrow01 View Post
It worked. 12 hours later--VOILA! Thank you to everyone for ALL the posts. T-Mobile was at a loss so I would have had to scrap the phone if it weren't for this site.

Just to note that it DIDN'T work without the battery in which is counter to what I thought would be the case.

I have a small concern. Since my BB crashed when doing updates from the Desktop manager, how do I prevent that from happening again. I am going to have to use the Desktop manager to sync with Outlook, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I use Desktop Manager v4.6 Lindsey. Worked just fine when loading new apps. Not sure about Outlook, my company does that through Enterprise Server...Glad you have your phone working now.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:19 AM   #12
Arkamedies

Thumbs up Great solution... but some clarification for non-puter folks

The steps that are outlined here work excellent.

Do just as instructed above:

NOTE: Make sure the battery is IN the phone. This does not work with just USB power.

Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>Command Prompt

Type cd.. (then press Enter)
and again cd.. (press Enter)
(this gets you to the root directory tree on c: drive)

Type cd program files\common files\reasearch in motion\apploader\loader.exe /nojvm

This will open a different window than you would get if you just navigated to the location and clicked loader.exe. This <cmd> way of doing it only loads what is required to force feed your OS (operating system) onto the BlackBerry.

These folks are right on the money. It works, they rock, I'm a happy camper!

Thanks lbbrow01, ScooterG and everyone who contributed to this post.
Closed Thread