audit
Whoever

Model: xxxx
Carrier: AT&T
Exclamation AT&T Outage in Alabama - 7/15/2008

Please Login to Remove!

Trouble Ticket Number: TT000007544781

Severity: Medium

Description of Issue: Degradation of GSM and/or GPRS service due to the outage of multiple sites.

Location of Issue: Alabama and surrounding areas

Start Time: 7/15/2008 11:52 AM EDT

Symptoms you MAY experience: Some Voice and Data customers may experience gaps in coverage, or difficulty connecting to the network.
Estimated time of repair: Unknown

Win or Lose... Everyone Has Their Fight
Old 07-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

no issues on my end, Birmingham on BIS, currently... not to say there won't be!

Hope not!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #3
dmiller1856
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: ASK

I had issues today or service dropping in and out.... I have actually had disruptions of service the past 2 days...
Old 07-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

None in Atlanta, either. War Eagle dmiller!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #5
ashleyg.smith

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Angry at&t outage in alabama -- frustrated

I have been with ATT for over a year now and they always are having some type of outage. I am really starting to wonder just how reliable of a network that they have. Since it changed to AT&T, the service level has dropped.My husband and I are on our 14th replacement from them and all that they can ggive us for a reason is an excuse that the networks are experiencing difficulties. I love my Blackberry and there are so many people that have and depend on them that I can not possibly fathom that we have simply had 14 faulty phones. I think that they are loosing customers and if they aren't they def. should be. I am debating breaking contract and moving on. Does any one else know what could be causing this to occur?
We have dropped calls all the time (perhaps every other will pick up and hold a steady signal), call failed message constantly, you can honestly have full EDGE and service and never move and the call just BLOOP drop.We were told that if the replacement phones did not resolveto get a new SIM card, which we did , and to none of my suprise, it did not help the issue either, not to mention that I have lost all of my contacts becasue of it. I am so sick of spending time on the phone with technical support becasue every person that I or my husband speaks to tells us something different.
Its just frustraing to spend pver $200 a month for a service that you are not receiving.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
mrs smith
Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

ashleyg.smith, welcome to the forums.

1. If the ATT network is your issue in north Alabama (what part are you in? Birmingham here.), then replacing the handset 14 times will NEVER solve a network issue. That's like changing tires on your car, because the gas tank has a leak.

So, is it the BlackBerry, the network, the SIM? Have you tried another non-RIM device? If it worked well, you could determine that the device is the issue, and if you can use your currently bad SIM in the other device and it works or doesn't work, then that would help you further to determine the source of the issue.

And, finally, if you ever drive out of your home service area, do you get dropped calls, say for instance if you were in Birmingham?

I know I was the east Morgan/south Madison County area over the past two months some and experienced a couple dropped calls and EDGE moving to 'edge' and GSM. However, I know also, the ATT signal in those area is constantly bad anyway from ATT's own website coverage map, and the mountains and valleys there make it hard to hold a signal when driving long distance.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 PM   #7
nivroc

New member here from Birmingham, Alabama.

I've been having EDGE issues for about a week, only recieving the lowercase edge signal. Tried resets, turning on & off the network connection with no avail. I travel extensively throughout central & North Alabama and the end result is the same. Thankfully, my BlackBerry service has not suffered, but I am curious as to what's going on.

Also, I have another BlackBerry that my employee uses that is on my same AT&T account, and he's having the same issues.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #8
MrFace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivroc View Post
New member here from Birmingham, Alabama.

I've been having EDGE issues for about a week, only recieving the lowercase edge signal. Tried resets, turning on & off the network connection with no avail. I travel extensively throughout central & North Alabama and the end result is the same. Thankfully, my BlackBerry service has not suffered, but I am curious as to what's going on.

Also, I have another BlackBerry that my employee uses that is on my same AT&T account, and he's having the same issues.
I had this same issue with another user's phone in Alpharetta, GA this week. The resolution(as suggested by myself to teh ADVANCED NETWORK tech at ATT) was to remove all provisioning for the user and then add the provisioning back in. Solved all of his problems.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #9
nivroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFace View Post
I had this same issue with another user's phone in Alpharetta, GA this week. The resolution(as suggested by myself to teh ADVANCED NETWORK tech at ATT) was to remove all provisioning for the user and then add the provisioning back in. Solved all of his problems.
I'm a newbie here, so can you explain the process of removing provisioning?

I use the Blackberry Internet Service, and am not on an Enterprise Server, if that helps.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #10
nivroc

Never mind - I corrected the problem on both by sending service books and resetting the BB.

Thanks for the advice though!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #11
tb2007

Model: n/a
Carrier: ATT

Here in Auburn I'm getting nothing. I've been pissed off for the last week or two because emails weren't going out and couldn't figure it out...if only I would have looked at the GPRS bars I would have known. I'm not very happy with Att's service here in Alabama it's subpar. I switched last month from T-mobile because they didn't get any service in this middle of nowhere town in GA that we needed service in but Att did.
I've seem to have found that Att's service definitely have better coverage, as in area, but less quality of service. I am having dropped calls which I rarely had on T-mobile, and getting worse reception in building than I did with T-mobile. Up in Huntsville, when mountain biking service is very low compared to T-mobile. I never usually use my phone when biking but the few times I have T-mobile had like 4 bars compared to 1 or 2 with Att. I guess its a trade off, though I hate there customer service, T-mobile had some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #12
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

tb, welcome to the BBForums.

My AT&T Service in Alabama is much better, broader coverege and higher overall service than 12 yrs with TMo, in Alabama. I've never had AT&T coverage issues around Auburn.

But this thread is about data outages, not pissed off customers.

Good luck.
Closed Thread