2. option to auto open pdf files

thanks
Old 03-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #102
emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

strange! - I had replied to your two questions - but looks like my response is gone?!

in any case...

to 1)
I thought about this quite a long time ago - now I realized, that this is more or less the "only" feature that is missing compared to commercial products - I do not want to leave the impression, that I am stealing ideas... so we will see, if favourites makes it into BBFileScout [looks like, that I have missed the right moment]

to 2)
this should already work with 'Repligo Reader' or 'PDF to go' as long as you do not have specified a manual file association.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #103
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

oops - my mistake on 2. correct it does work.

yes favs would be great because now we have to "dig" into the files to get commonly used folders - we could save time by adding fav folders to opening screen
Old 03-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #104
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
BBFileScout update to 0.5.2

What's new?
  • Auto rename/overwrite if a file already exist at the destination [of copy & move], this behavior is configurable via options
Please consider adding "Prompt" as an option. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #105
emacf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
Please consider adding "Prompt" as an option. Thanks!
you mean - each time the same file exist at the destination, then there should be a prompt and the user will be asked, what should happen (nothing, overwrite, rename) - did I understand you correctly ?
Old 03-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #106
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Prompt with rename is good too. Suppose I wanted a copy I can just copy and paste in same place, and change name by prompt.

It would be nice to add this:
Prompt for rename ( ask confirm on overwrite if still same name )

It's like other two combined to give user option on action. Keep other two options though for people who prefer those though.

Open file: No errors that crashes program found, even opened as text. Nice! :D Error message is overly vague: "RE:ReadContent 'read' caused: null"

Move file: Dialog: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExecptio n. It still creates empty file with same name.

Copy file: Same error and new file thing as before. Didn't crash or anything but new file is there.

Rename file: Dialog: File System Error. I click OK. It resumes just fine. Another vague error that doesn't explain anything though.

zip file: It shows same error, then creates an empty zip file.

Email file: Same error as move/copy, then email appears with empty file attached to it.

It really should cancel operation when error happens, and leave no empty file or start an email with empty file attachment.

There is now no way to crash application so far, so it certainly have matured a lot. Generally, you need to polish error messages and cleanup after errors, that's about it.

Last edited by Iare Tosevite; 03-14-2009 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Oops missed some words..
Old 03-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #107
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

I have one observation about the this app which I have seen in all the versions having the 'Add association' feature. If 'Add associations' is highlighted then if the user presses the "Escape' button then nothing happens. However, the moment the cursor is removed from the button and then the escape button is pressed, the user is presented with the option of "Save/Discard/Cancel".

I am not sure whether this is true for just my device or it is happening for all devices. I am not saying it is a bug or anything of that sort.. it is just my observation.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4

Last edited by raja_3012; 03-14-2009 at 04:26 PM..
Old 03-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #108
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
you mean - each time the same file exist at the destination, then there should be a prompt and the user will be asked, what should happen (nothing, overwrite, rename) - did I understand you correctly ?
Exactly!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #109
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Actually that is better than I thought... Nice idea, visortgw!
Old 03-15-2009, 02:52 AM   #110
emacf1

this should had been releases already last night, but my provided decided, that the region NRW does not need internet at a Saturday night

BBFileScout update to 0.5.3

What's new?
  • additional options:
    • Default action when destination exist ['do nothing'|'rename file'|'overwrite destination'|'ask each time'] (default 'do nothing')

Installation & Update
You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
Old 03-15-2009, 02:58 AM   #111
emacf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite View Post
...It really should cancel operation when error happens, and leave no empty file or start an email with empty file attachment.

There is now no way to crash application so far, so it certainly have matured a lot. Generally, you need to polish error messages and cleanup after errors, that's about it.
I fully agree with you - there ERROR Handling have to be improved (and there should be a clean-up) - but I hope that everybody can live with that for the moment and that new features are more appreciated right now [but for sure this have to be done in the future]...
Old 03-15-2009, 07:38 AM   #112
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8830)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1
this should had been releases already last night, but my provided decided, that the region NRW does not need internet at a Saturday night

BBFileScout update to 0.5.3

What's new?
  • additional options:
    • Default action when destination exist ['do nothing'|'rename file'|'overwrite destination'|'ask each time'] (default 'do nothing')

Installation & Update

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
Great umplementation -- I had envisioned the rename for existing file to prompt for a new filename, but the auto-rename is even better. I found a small glitch (related to error handling) though -- if you attempt to overwrite the file on the stack, the file is deleted. This is not a normal case, but the app shouldn't delete a user's file inadvertently.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #113
emacf1

Quote:
[SIZE=1]I found a small glitch (related to error handling) though -- if you attempt to overwrite the file on the stack, the file is deleted. This is not a normal case, but the app shouldn't delete a user's file inadvertently.
will be fixed soon...
Old 03-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #114
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.5.4

Bugfix
  • Overwrite a file (copy or move) where the source and destination folder are identical will not destroy the file

Installation & Update

Matthias
Old 03-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #115
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.5.5

What's new?
  • Create Playlists across multiple folders [select in any folder your audio files (via Space-Key) and once you have marked all files select 'Create Playlist from <selection>' from the menu]
    (this menu item is only available, if you have specified a 'Playlist Directory' in the options)
  • Opening Media-Files:
    • Playlists: M3U
  • Options:
    • General Settings
      • Startup Directory (default EMPTY)
    • Media-Player Options
      • Playlist Directory (default EMPTY)
      • Clear selection after Playlist creation (default ON)
  • Key short cuts:
    • [L]:Create play(l)ist from selection

Installation & Update

Matthias

PS: Please be so kind and really send me a donation if you are going to use the application - don't think that the others will do so (of course this does not applies to the 18 gentlemen who where so generous to send me a donation so far)

Last edited by emacf1; 03-18-2009 at 05:03 PM..
Old 03-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #116
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Lightbulb

Nice addition! As I was using the [SPACE] key to select items for a playlist, I thought that there might be an easier way to select multiple files:
  1. Might you consider automatically advancing to the next item in the list after selecting or deselecting?
  2. Might you be able to implement [ALT] plus scrolling to select or deselect a contiguous set of files?
  3. Or possibly both?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:34 AM   #117
emacf1

Quote:
Nice addition! As I was using the [SPACE] key to select items for a playlist, I thought that there might be an easier way to select multiple files:
  1. Might you consider automatically advancing to the next item in the list after selecting or deselecting?
  2. Might you be able to implement [ALT] plus scrolling to select or deselect a contiguous set of files?
  3. Or possibly both?
it might be [SHIFT] at the end of the day - but both sounds really reasonable
Old 03-19-2009, 06:07 AM   #118
ohad_129

Model: 9800
PIN: 237be374
Carrier: orange il

I Agree With Viso
Old 03-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #119
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.5.6

What's new? / What's fixed?
All the changes are now listed in the new Changelog page of BBFileScout HP (I hope that's fine with you)

Installation & Update

Matthias
Old 03-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #120
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Thumbs up

Awesome additions!
  1. Consolidated change log is perfect!
  2. The multi-file select is awesome, but there appears to be a bug in the [SHIFT]+scroll implementation. If you scroll down a list (even 5-10 files), occasionally one or more files is not toggled as you scroll by...
  3. Please consider adding a keyboard shortcut to bring up the favorites popup.
  4. I like your humor in the font size selection, but it should read "I am an old man".

Last edited by visortgw; 03-19-2009 at 03:59 PM..
Closed Thread