Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkwell View Post
My plans:
39.99 1000 anytime (free nights/wknds)
9.99 BB email only
9.99 1000 text messages (includes SMS, MMS and any IM)\
9.99 H@H

I have nothing filled in the APN fields under TCP. Does the host routing table have anything to do with anything?

Luigi
BB email only is not a data plan.

The IM clients won't work without a data plan, you're gonna have to spend the extra $10 a month for those

The old OZ IM client used SMS instead of data, so maybe you can find a way to get that onto the 8320.

Last edited by Ophidian; 11-01-2007 at 01:11 PM..
Old 11-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #142
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Correct...Feature enabler with TMobile will give you what you need for MMS. Thanks Ophidian
Old 11-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #143
kooqeem0nsta

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
My plans:
39.99 1000 anytime (free nights/wknds)
9.99 BB email only
9.99 1000 text messages (includes SMS, MMS and any IM)\
9.99 H@H

I have nothing filled in the APN fields under TCP. Does the host routing table have anything to do with anything?

Luigi
Hi, Been lurking for a few days and just got my 8320 yesterday. I'm new to this blackberry 'experience'. =) so I'm still playing and learning as I go along.

Just a quick question: I don't know if this applies to Tmobile plans outside of NY, but why not just get the BIS package for $19.99, which would include BBemail, internet, ulimited SMS, MMS, and probably any IM since you'll have a data plan. and forgo the seperate $10 BBemail plan and $10 1000msg plan?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #144
Ophidian
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooqeem0nsta View Post
Hi, Been lurking for a few days and just got my 8320 yesterday. I'm new to this blackberry 'experience'. =) so I'm still playing and learning as I go along.

Just a quick question: I don't know if this applies to Tmobile plans outside of NY, but why not just get the BIS package for $19.99, which would include BBemail, internet, ulimited SMS, MMS, and probably any IM since you'll have a data plan. and forgo the seperate $10 BBemail plan and $10 1000msg plan?
The BIS plan doesn't include unlimited SMS/MMS
Old 11-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #145
kooqeem0nsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
The BIS plan doesn't include unlimited SMS/MMS
Just checked the website. Looks like your right. I think I must've picked up an old flier where it might have been included. o wellz. that kind of blows.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #146
hsuanstr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

it uses sms, i called tmo rep and made sure because all i have is unlimited sms
Old 11-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #147
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsuanstr View Post
it uses sms, i called tmo rep and made sure because all i have is unlimited sms
Not on the 8320 it doesn't. On all other models (for now) it does.

8320's included IM apps definitely use data, not sms.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #148
DrivingManiac

PIN: 24319979

I'm really disturbed by the conversations going on here that's really causing a lot more confusion than is necessary. I'd just like to state that I used to sell T-Mobile plans way back in the days that they were with Circuit City, and I'm a current T-Mobile customer, and in addition to that my sister-in-law is a customer service rep for T-Mobile call center in Wichita, KS.

Quite frankly, Luigi's current plan is rather bugged, as he should really be going with the Blackberry Minutes & Mail plan that runs at $59.99 per month. This particular plan includes 1,000 phone minutes, unlimited data (internet et all), unlimited email and most importantly in this conversation unlimited text messaging. The ONLY overage charges he would have to pay is international phone calls, and $0.35 per minute used over the 1,000 allotted.

While I don't actually own a Blackberry myself, I've been doing tons of research in the past few weeks regarding actual individual plans, because when it comes down to it for a college student, it's the perpetual budgeting that comes into play.

My advice to Luigi would to be to call T-Mobile and get an actual rep on hand to switch him over to the actual blackberry plan. MMS is indeed "data" that runs off T-Mobiles' actual network, then again everything coming from your cellphone is data in the larger sense of the word.

Luigi, as mentioned above you can only get AIM, MSN, GTalk, along with all of those "data" things if you actually have either the Blackberry plan, or the Total Internet Plan. The Total Internet Plan does not include unlimited texting, and is an utter waste in my opinion in comparison to the Blackberry plan offered by T-Mobile. So much of a waste, I wish I could've logically begged T-Mobile to provide me with that plan for my Treo 680.

I hope this offers enough clarification and guidance for Luigi to make an educated change to the SIMPLE, yet effective plan of the Blackberry Minutes & Mail plan with T-Mobile.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #149
DrivingManiac

PIN: 24319979

Double post my bad!

Last edited by DrivingManiac; 11-01-2007 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: Sorry double post.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #150
inkwell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingManiac View Post
I'm really disturbed by the conversations going on here that's really causing a lot more confusion than is necessary. I'd just like to state that I used to sell T-Mobile plans way back in the days that they were with Circuit City, and I'm a current T-Mobile customer, and in addition to that my sister-in-law is a customer service rep for T-Mobile call center in Wichita, KS.

Quite frankly, Luigi's current plan is rather bugged, as he should really be going with the Blackberry Minutes & Mail plan that runs at $59.99 per month. This particular plan includes 1,000 phone minutes, unlimited data (internet et all), unlimited email and most importantly in this conversation unlimited text messaging. The ONLY overage charges he would have to pay is international phone calls, and $0.35 per minute used over the 1,000 allotted.

While I don't actually own a Blackberry myself, I've been doing tons of research in the past few weeks regarding actual individual plans, because when it comes down to it for a college student, it's the perpetual budgeting that comes into play.

My advice to Luigi would to be to call T-Mobile and get an actual rep on hand to switch him over to the actual blackberry plan. MMS is indeed "data" that runs off T-Mobiles' actual network, then again everything coming from your cellphone is data in the larger sense of the word.

Luigi, as mentioned above you can only get AIM, MSN, GTalk, along with all of those "data" things if you actually have either the Blackberry plan, or the Total Internet Plan. The Total Internet Plan does not include unlimited texting, and is an utter waste in my opinion in comparison to the Blackberry plan offered by T-Mobile. So much of a waste, I wish I could've logically begged T-Mobile to provide me with that plan for my Treo 680.

I hope this offers enough clarification and guidance for Luigi to make an educated change to the SIMPLE, yet effective plan of the Blackberry Minutes & Mail plan with T-Mobile.
I've researched as well, and you are correct with what you said, except that plan does not meet all my needs. The most important part missing is the nights and weekends. I have to have text messaging and that's why that's on. Ad the H@H is because the service in my home is poor. I think my plan works for me.

I spent two hours on the phone today with both RIM and T-Mo, they both came to the conclusion that they should just have my phone replaced. There reasoning is because when they try to send the service books to me the AOL IM service book does not come through. Is it possible that book doesn't come through because I don't have a data plan?

Luigi
Old 11-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #151
Ophidian
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Is it possible that book doesn't come through because I don't have a data plan?

Luigi
Yes

As stated above, you need a Data Plan for the 8320 IM Clients to work.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #152
inkwell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Yes

As stated above, you need a Data Plan for the 8320 IM Clients to work.
And if I don't have a data plan, JiveTalk won't work either, correct? If this is all true, I found my phone problems: ME! LOL

Luigi
Old 11-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #153
Ophidian
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
And if I don't have a data plan, JiveTalk won't work either, correct? If this is all true, I found my phone problems: ME! LOL

Luigi
lol, yes. No data plan = no Jivetalk

Like I said before, your best bet is to try and get the OZ Messenger onto your phone, that uses SMS and not data.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #154
inkwell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
lol, yes. No data plan = no Jivetalk

Like I said before, your best bet is to try and get the OZ Messenger onto your phone, that uses SMS and not data.
Or a data plan... damn T-Mo and all these $9.99 charges, that crap adds up so quick. HHmmmmm, $80 a month for a cell phone, where calls drop even on UMA...

Luigi
Old 11-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #155
inkwell
Thumbs Must Hurt

For the first time I let my phone die, I take a look at my applications and surprisingly the AIM service book is there. I have done several attery pulls in the past and it would not show up, but now it does and I still don't get AIM access. Of course I know I need a data plan.

This was to say, if a battery pull doesn't work, let your phone die on its own.

Luigi
Old 11-20-2007, 11:23 PM   #156
xyrcncp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

My AOL AIM doesn't work either, it just gets stuck in "Receiving Buddies". I've checked that the service book is there, done a battery pull and resent my service books and it's still stuck. Any opinions?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #157
xyrcncp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrcncp View Post
My AOL AIM doesn't work either, it just gets stuck in "Receiving Buddies". I've checked that the service book is there, done a battery pull and resent my service books and it's still stuck. Any opinions?
Nothing...
Old 09-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #158
troopa8320

Unhappy aim problems

hey can someone help me, my aim is not working, i downloaded the new aim from the blackberry website, and now when i try signing on, i get this message "Service Not Enabled For This Handheld" but i have the Blackberry 8320, can someone please help me?
you can email me on troopa1016 at tmo.blackberry.net with the solutions
thanks
Closed Thread