jamesmorant

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange UK
Default Problem with browser on Orange UK

Please Login to Remove!

Hi.

This is my first post to this forum.

I am having a problem with my new 8310 which I got from a friend from the states. It is an unlocked AT&T 8310 which I have put my SIM card in and the phone part works fine. I have also signed up for BIS and the email part is working, all good.
...I still cannot use the browser though!

The GPRS signal is fine, I am getting emails, but the browser icon does not appear in the main menu. When I go to the Application Switcher, it appears there but when I load it it says that there is no default browser configuration. I have been on the phone to Orange and I have had them resend my service books numerous times. One of the probs I think is that four of the service books sent by Orange and "Disallowed". I have tried wiping the device and starting from scratch but still to no avail.

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

James
Old 11-02-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
stupink
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: orange uk

I would uninstall and reinstall the browser (if possible, i forget if its one you can't uninstall, i think it may be) and then use the blackberry button to ensure browser isnt "hidden"

you will need to go to options>advanced>tcp and put an apn orangeinternet no user/pass
from the previous menu you could also run throught the "browswer" menu and make sure its setup there ok.
I set default browswer to internet browswer, but to use orangeworld homepage you'll need it set to "orangeworld" which, you probably wont have as its nto an orange BB doh..
Old 11-02-2008, 05:08 AM   #3
jamesmorant

Thanks for your reply.

I dont know how to uninstal the browser. It is the Blackberry default browser I think but the icon does not appear in the main menu anywhere (only when I use the application switcher does it appear).

I have tried having the apn setting to orangeinternet and still when I go into Ooptinos>Advanced>Browser it simply says Default Browser Configuration: at the top and nothing else, no options to cahnge etc.

Thanks
J
Old 11-02-2008, 06:45 AM   #4
doe4040
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8707v
PIN: 2503A700
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Try downloading Opera Mini browser and see if that works. Opera Mini is a much better browser anyway.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
jamesmorant

I have tried downloading the Opera browser and it takes a while to instal and comes up with the access confirmation things which I say yes to and just before it reaches the end, it says installation failed as cannot access the internet.

J
Old 11-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #6
stupink
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: orange uk

When you wiped the device and started again, did you restore the data?
definately sounds like a service book issue to me, but then im fairly new to these things myself. however i am on orange uk.

I would delete all the service books, options>advanced options>service books

And then login to BlackBerry Internet Service and send your service books yourself. foll.owed by a quick battery pull to reset it.

See if they are accepted that time, if some are rejected let us know which ones.. I am not certain how the blackberrys are different on different providers or if what you're doing is even possible.. but thats what i'd try.

Last edited by stupink; 11-08-2008 at 08:53 AM..
Closed Thread