Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
cwatson78

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Birthdays?

Please Login to Remove!

My calendar used to show the birthdays from my address book. I had an issue with my phone and got a new battery, now all the birthdays are gone except for the new entries I have added to my address book. Anyone know of a fix?
Old 05-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
TrippMyTrigger
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
Carrier: Tmobile

I am not sure of a "fix" but I have done several pulls since setting up my phone originally. I would think a battery change would be the same. However, when you put in the person's Birthday for their info, do you save it with their year of birth? I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but that is how I have all of mine. I would think that if say, you set one up as April 4, 2008 and have since reset something that of course it would no longer show as it has passed that date. I don't know, just an idea. I am FAR from being an expert on these things yet.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
cwatson78

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

I forgot to mention that when I had the battery replaced I had to restore my phone because whatever Sprint did to my phone to fix my issue erased everything on it. I backed it up before I had it fixed because I knew that with Sprint you never know what might happen. When I restored it all the birthdays in the calendar were gone and now I only have the new ones. I have even tried to change the year of birth and see what happens, nothing changes.

Do you think any of this might have to do with Google Sync?
Old 05-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
danii

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatson78 View Post
Do you think any of this might have to do with Google Sync?
Yes! Entirely! In the current state of the software, Google Sync messes up any recurring dates and replaces them with static appointments.

Say for instance...
You are told that for the next two Fridays, it is your duty to take out the trash, so you set a recurring appointment. But plans change and two weeks turns into four. If GSync did ANY synchronizing after you set the first appointment (which is very likely), the reoccurring appointment that you've already set will have been changed to many static appointments (not reoccurring).

In all, I did like the concept, but after I found out the bug, I stopped using Google Sync for my Blackberry long ago, as it messed up a lot of my schedules.
Closed Thread