BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
EyeOnAll

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Emails do not delete when the email is filed to an offline folder?

Please Login to Remove!

Any ideas? If i file the email on my desktop to an offline folder the email remains on the BB. The only way that i am able to remove the email is by deleting them. This is not normal behavior as i have tested on other BB that are not Strom.

Your thoughts would be apprecited.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Welcome to the forums.

Do you have filed messages hidden?

Go into Messages > Options > General Options > Hide Filed Messages = ???
Old 12-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
EyeOnAll

Yes. The emails that i file within the online folders on exchange do not show on the list only the ones that i file to an offline pst folder.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
Mark_Venture
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile (w) - Verizon (P)

Are you connecting via USB cable to desktop manager? and have it properly setup to reference that particular PST you are filing to? and do you have DM set to reconcile messages when you connect your BB?

-> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all
Old 12-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
Egan

I have this exact same issue and my filed messages are set to "hidden". My Yahoo email syncs perfectly OTA once I move or delete emails on the computer. But my BES email only downloads new emails - it never removes emails that I have filed or deleted on the computer. I shouldn't have to connect via the USB and hard sync -that defeats the purpose of having a BB. Is this a BB qwerk? I've only used Goodlink (on a Treo650 and Blackjack) in the past and it sync'd perfectly.

I noticed that calendar items are also doing the same thing. If a meeting gets cancelled, it is removed from my Outlook calendar, but shows up on the BB. It does say "Cancelled: Meeting XYZ", but why? I don't want my calendar cluttered with cancelled meetings, it's bad enough with all of the ones I actually have to go to. ;)
Old 12-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan View Post
...But my BES email only downloads new emails - it never removes emails that I have filed or deleted on the computer. I shouldn't have to connect via the USB and hard sync -that defeats the purpose of having a BB. Is this a BB qwerk? I've only used Goodlink (on a Treo650 and Blackjack) in the past and it sync'd perfectly.
The BES can only touch/see your Exchange mail box, not your local PC. Even then, the normal default setup is to only reconcile your main Inbox and Sent items, and it does not reconcile sub folders you might have setup on your mail server.

PST's are not on your exchange server, so when you File something from your Exchange inbox to the PST file, the BES see it dissapeared, but doesn't know what happened to it, so it leaves it on the hand held.

Sync PST via USB cable & the desktop manager on your local PC can overcome this.

Assuming you have "wireless reconcile" enabled for messages...
Deleting an item from the hand held when using a BES works by the BES checking the Deleted items folder in your Exchange mail box. If something is in your deleted items, the BES goes and removes it from the hand held. Empty the deleted items before the BES has a chance to re-scan it, the deleted items folder contains nothing, so again, the BES doesn't know what happened to the item, and leaves it on the hand held. In this case, you must manually delete the "left overs" from the hand held.

Now, another work around is enabling the "Hard Delete" feature on the BES. If the BES see the item has dissapeared, it will remove it from your hand held. Your BES Admin would need to turn that on.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
a1texaslonghorn

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Default 99 subfolders under InBox cause sync issues when filing messages?

Hi,

You seemed very knowledgeable about the bb and its filing characteristics, so I am jumping on this thread to see if you have any input on a question of mine. Have you ever heard of the bb having filing sync issues if you have 99 or more subfolders under your InBox? We have encountered this and now I have a user with 93 folders who is experiencing a problem with trying to file his messages. I wasn't sure since he had 93, which is obviously close to 99, if this was the cause or maybe something else might be going on. The user is on an 8800 v4.2.1.74 from TMobile. I can describe the exact behavior if you need more input.

Thank you!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
hemlockz

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Now, another work around is enabling the "Hard Delete" feature on the BES. If the BES see the item has dissapeared, it will remove it from your hand held. Your BES Admin would need to turn that on.
Are you sure? We have this enabled and it still doesn't remove messages from the handheld if they are filed into a PST directly from Outlook on the users computer. BES Professional server 4.1. The only way to reconcile these seems to be to cable sync with Desktop Manager. OR copy a message to the PST (holding Ctrl) and then delete it. Then it disappears from the Handled.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemlockz View Post
Are you sure? We have this enabled and it still doesn't remove messages from the handheld if they are filed into a PST directly from Outlook on the users computer. BES Professional server 4.1. The only way to reconcile these seems to be to cable sync with Desktop Manager. OR copy a message to the PST (holding Ctrl) and then delete it. Then it disappears from the Handled.
Don't know about BPS... Just know about BES. Sorry.

Closed Thread